SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Platinum Sponsor
Fashion Fabrics Club
Fashion Fabrics Club

Forum > Fabrics and more... > stylishfabric.com - anybody purchased here? ( Moderated by CynthiaSue)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
stylishfabric.com - anybody purchased here?
Stylish Fabric online store
babbling brook
babbling brook  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Member since 12/27/07
Send Message

Date: 7/25/13 7:28 AM

http://stylishfabric.com lists *tons* of rayon spandex jersey knit fabrics, etc. for a really great price. How does their fabric compare with other sources (e.g. Emma One Sock 11 oz rayon lycra jersey)?

Has anybody ordered here? Nothing in store reviews, so thought I'd post here. Thanks

ladyv
ladyv
California USA
Member since 7/21/05
Send Message

Date: 7/25/13 1:01 PM

This one is new to me. Their website is certainly interesting and their prices are low. I am always looking for fabric sources that are located on the west coast because that makes the shipping time shorter for me. It takes a long time to get fabric from the east coast to CA. I would also be interested to learn if anyone has ordered from them and what their experience was with them. I'm just a little concerned about the quality. I would do an order to find out but I just got a big box of fabric from Vogue Fabrics so I need to sew some of that up before I order more. I'll be checking back to see if anyone replies to your question.

------
Mardella in N. California

babbling brook
Intermediate
Member since 12/27/07
Send Message

In reply to ladyv <<

Date: 7/25/13 3:27 PM

Thanks for the reply! It's nice that $1 samples of each fabric are available.

Nancy K
starstarstar
Nancy K
Advanced
New York USA
Member since 12/28/04
Send Message

In reply to babbling brook <<

Date: 7/25/13 7:09 PM

stylish fabrics
I've never heard of it before. I'd be interested in seeing a review. However, living on the East coast I am very happy with the service from places like Emmaonesock! It takes forever to get fabric from Marcy Tilton, though part of the problem is that they don't cut and ship every day.

------
www.nancyksews.blogspot.com

Barbara3
Barbara3  Friend of PR
Intermediate
USA
Member since 5/22/06
Send Message

Date: 7/25/13 8:32 PM

Just wanted to post that this website made my iMac crash. That's never happened to me before in all of the time I've had this machine. It might not have been related to the website, of course, but I thought I'd mention it here.

-- Edited on 7/25/13 8:33 PM --

ladyv
ladyv
California USA
Member since 7/21/05
Send Message

Date: 7/26/13 1:43 AM

I thought I would order a few swatches of the ponte knit. The cost of shipping is prohibitive for me. I don't really think it should cost $6.95 to send me 3 swatches at $1 ea. That would be great if I was ordering fabric but for swatches it's too high. I guess we are supposed to add the swatch requests to an order. I don't know what other places that offer swatches charge for mailing them.

Barbara3, it didn't make my mac crash but I got 'fatal error' when I tried to get some of the swatches. Others were fine. I was always able to get back to where I had been before the message.

Not meant to be, I guess.

------
Mardella in N. California

nancy2001
starstarstarstar
nancy2001  Friend of PR
Advanced
Alabama USA
Member since 12/3/05
Send Message

In reply to Nancy K <<
thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 7/26/13 8:48 AM

I agree that the fabrics and customer service from Emma One Sock are exceptional.

Marcy Tilton has lovely fabrics, but I wish they would revamp their customer service policies. Fabrics sell out quickly, and after you place your order, you're never sure of whether you'll receive your fabrics or not. Fabrics are not returnable, and refunds take forever.

-- Edited on 7/26/13 8:50 AM --

------
No sewing project is ever a complete success nor a total failure.

Tina Lou
star
Tina Lou  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Massachusetts USA
Member since 6/14/11
Send Message

Date: 7/26/13 8:56 AM

I checked this out when I first saw someone post the link; I'm always on the lookout for nice rayon ponte and double knits. Their rayon blend, however is 83% poly and only 14% rayon, which I suspect is why the price point is so low, and why they describe their fabric as having a slight sheen. Compare with Sophia (on fabric.com right now for $12/yd), which is 30% rayon. The more rayon, the better for my taste.

------
Tina

rebe
star
rebe  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Florida USA
Member since 2/28/05
Send Message

Date: 7/26/13 9:13 AM

I just ordered some of the ponte and other knit fabrics. I will let you know what I think about them when I get them. These could be just introductory prices too.

------
Rebecca Pitts
Bernina 430
Singer xl-6000
Singer 9960
Babylock Imagine
Elna 740 Excellence
Ellisimo

babbling brook
Intermediate
Member since 12/27/07
Send Message

In reply to ladyv <<

Date: 7/26/13 9:59 AM

The good thing is that shipping is FREE on all orders $75+ for those in US. I guess swatches would only be shipped free along with an order.

It sure would be nice to know what PR members think about the quality of fabric sold here! The price and variety are amazing, so if the quality is good as well, this online store could be a real find!

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Fabrics and more... >> stylishfabric.com - anybody purchased here?

Merchants on PR

Patterns from the Past

vintage sewing patterns
Deals!

Reconstructing History

Reconstructing History
Web site

Elliott Berman Textiles

Fabrics for Greater Ideas
Deals!

Gwyn Hug

Fabric Shopping Help!
Deals!

Lanetzliving Vintage Sewing Patterns

Vintage Sewing Patterns
Deals!

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Sew a Designer Unlined Jacket
Sew a Designer Unlined Jacket

Register

Sewing Basics
Sewing Basics

Register

No Pattern Used n/a

photo
by: ivette

Review
Butterick 5681

photo
by: CTBarb

Review
Favorite Things Little Hip Skirts Pattern

Favorite Things Little Hip Skirts Pattern

Buy Now
You Sew Girl 200mm Chunky Frame Purse Pattern

You Sew Girl 200mm Chunky Frame Purse Pattern

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.