SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Platinum Sponsor
PatternReview.com
PatternReview.com

Forum > Machine Embroidery > Recommendations on software? ( Moderated by Pyrose)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Recommendations on software?
Software
Lmn927
Lmn927
Intermediate
Member since 7/28/13
Send Message

Date: 7/28/13 7:13 PM

What's the best affordable embroidery software? I would love to have something that allows me to use fonts purchased online as keyboard fonts. Would also like to be able to resize fonts.

pamyjo2001

pamyjo2001  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Missouri USA
Member since 11/23/06
Send Message

Date: 7/29/13 0:59 AM

go to bernina site and download their free basic software - it might meet your needs.

Brotherlover
star
Brotherlover
Intermediate
California USA
Member since 10/7/07
Send Message

In reply to Lmn927 <<

Date: 7/29/13 1:06 AM

My advice that I wish someone had given me before I spent 600 is to download and try many different softwares before i choose because I would have chosen a different software. My advice is also not to get one with a dongle because its annoying to have to go grab a device to use your software. There are so many out there just figure out what features you want in a software. Me i like embroideryworks by babylock. very user friendly, lots of editing features without going into digitizing. Am going to save up for it soon but wished I had spent the 600 dollars on it last year. I have pe design plus which is not a bad software, just want more features, and no dongle and feel babylock is more user friendly. Also tried embird but did not really get into it while I tried it.

------
Brother XL-3500i
SQ-9050
Dreamweaver VM6200D

LisaInAlabama
star
LisaInAlabama  Friend of PR
Beginner
Member since 7/10/13
Send Message

Date: 7/29/13 1:27 AM

The dongle is, indeed, a big issue. Misplace that little piece of plastic, and you're out $2000 on some packages.

If I had it to do over again, I'd get Embird basic, learn that, then add a module, learn that, etc. Even with my 2 degrees in computer science, the learning curve on the software is pretty steep.

I have been told that Floriani is lots easier to use and has better training available, but I do not know that from experience.

I agree that downloading several, learning enough to see what you like and what you don't, and figuring out what you would really like to do with it is the most important advice you can get.

------
Beginner, maybe Advanced Beginner
I've been doing machine embroidery for 10 years, but I'm always a beginner because I'm always trying to things I don't yet know how to do!

UFOs completed in 2014: 5
Projects started recently completed in 2014: 15

NonieA1
NonieA1  Friend of PR
Advanced
Florida USA
Member since 11/3/10
Send Message

Date: 7/29/13 5:21 AM

I have Floriani and I love it. What is so wonderful is that you have a free lifetime upgrade and no dongle. My local Sew & Vac has classes that truly helps with learning the software. They have free designs every month and have great tech support. It does have digitizing capabilities as well as all kinds of designs. I bought my Floriani Total Control at one of the seminars for half price. I have not regretted the purchase. I also have BuzzXplore upgrade that came with my Brother;this explores, locates and is able to write embroidery drives. I purchased Embrilliance Thumbnailer in order to view my embroidery designs on my computer.
My computer has crashed 3 times since I purchased my FTC. I wrote to the company regarding the crashes. They sent my a new registration code without any problem. Walter Floriani wants you to enjoy your experience with embroidery and goes out of his way to make sure you do. I have no financial interest in the company, BTW. I truly enjoy the software.

SandiMacD
star
SandiMacD  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Florida USA
Member since 2/8/09
Send Message

Date: 7/29/13 6:03 AM

If you have a Mac and are new at this, for $50, Stitch Buddy is a great little program. It comes with a Finder Viewer included, a virtual stitch out and is simple to learn. Even has a free app to hit the road and do simple design edits. There is no PC version.

------
sewing brings joy and meaning to my life...

SandiMacD
star
SandiMacD  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Florida USA
Member since 2/8/09
Send Message

Date: 7/29/13 6:11 AM

I just read about using keyboard fonts. SB won't do this but Embriliance does. It has modules that you can add as you need them. It also works on PCs. It will run you $305 for the viewer, program and font keyboard module. Not sure how that compares to others you are looking at.

------
sewing brings joy and meaning to my life...

Lmn927
Lmn927
Intermediate
Member since 7/28/13
Send Message

Date: 7/29/13 6:28 AM

Has anyone used Enbrilliance essentials?

Lmn927
Lmn927
Intermediate
Member since 7/28/13
Send Message

Date: 7/29/13 9:06 AM

Interested to hear about people's experience with embird as well.

Brotherlover
star
Brotherlover
Intermediate
California USA
Member since 10/7/07
Send Message

Date: 7/31/13 10:05 PM

I have demoed embroidery works by babylock, which was designed by the same person that did the embrilliance essentials, and I really enjoyed the embroidery works and look forward to getting it. It has more features than embrilliace, but they are very similar I hear so if you demo embroidery works than you might get an idea if you will like embrilliance

------
Brother XL-3500i
SQ-9050
Dreamweaver VM6200D

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Machine Embroidery >> Recommendations on software?

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Leather 101
Leather 101

Register

Sewing with Slippery & Drapey Fabrics
Sewing with Slippery & Drapey Fabrics

Register

Simplicity 5052

photo
by: yummymummy...

Review
The City Bag

The City Bag

Buy Now
Sewing Workshop Onde Jacket Pattern

Sewing Workshop Onde Jacket Pattern

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.