SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Machine Embroidery > Brother/Babylock updates ( Moderated by Pyrose)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Brother/Babylock updates
Mrs.Moos
star
Mrs.Moos  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Member since 11/5/02
Send Message

Date: 8/6/13 8:45 PM

If you own a Brother Quattro, Duetta or Isodore, or Babylock Ellisimo, Ellegante etc be advised that an update for the Brother machines came out today-which means Babylock is soon to follow! For the Quattro there evidently is an update that is free and another that costs. The free one helps it to recognize the 6x6 hoop better. There is also an update for the Duetta and Isodore as well for the 6x6hoop usage.
Go HERE for more info and the update. If you own Babylock, what their site closely-the update for BL should be out very soon.

------
Babylock Spirit, Brother ULT 2002D, Janome 6500P, Janome 1600P-DB, Babylock Eclipse SX, Juki MO654DE, Janome Coverpro 1000CPX, Singer 15-91

Snuggle Pockets
Snuggle Pockets
Intermediate
WA
Member since 7/26/13
Send Message

Date: 8/9/13 7:24 PM

Warning!I just downloaded the update 4.0 on my Quattro 6700D and now my machine will not go into the sewing program. It will work in the embroidery, embroidery edit and Disney areas, but will not open the sewing section. When I select "sewing" the monitor goes black, the lighting on the machine flicks on and off and then the machine proceeds to turn itself back on again. This only happens in the sewing selection. I called my dealer and he said I will have to wait until monday to get some answers from brother. My dealer has never heard of this happeningI'm so upset! This machine has never given me problems. Wondering if any of you have come across this same problem?

------
Snuggle Pocket Designs
"A gift made by hand is a gift from the heart"
My queen machine...Brother Quattro 6700D
Juki HZL-F300
Janome Serger 644D
Baby Lock Quilt n Craft

Mrs.Moos
star
Mrs.Moos  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Member since 11/5/02
Send Message

In reply to Snuggle Pockets <<

Date: 8/10/13 11:40 PM

We upgraded the machines at the store--but did not try the sewing function because we are so in love with the embroidery! I am off tomorrow but will call and see if our machines will go into sewing mode.

------
Babylock Spirit, Brother ULT 2002D, Janome 6500P, Janome 1600P-DB, Babylock Eclipse SX, Juki MO654DE, Janome Coverpro 1000CPX, Singer 15-91

Snuggle Pockets
Snuggle Pockets
Intermediate
WA
Member since 7/26/13
Send Message

In reply to Mrs.Moos <<

Date: 8/12/13 1:12 AM

I hope you do not have the same problem....it is really upsetting that this has happened and I will be talking again to my dealer tomorrow. I will no doubt have to take it in (an 1 1/2 hour drive) and they might have to send it out to be repaired. It seems to me the update corrupted a file or something in the computer...will not know for awhile I'm sure. Let me know what you find out:)

------
Snuggle Pocket Designs
Juki HZL-F300
Janome Serger 644D
Baby Lock Quilt n Craft

Mrs.Moos
star
Mrs.Moos  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Member since 11/5/02
Send Message

Date: 8/13/13 1:54 AM

No problems with either the 6700D nor the 6000D! Everythig working great! Hope you get to the bottom ogf your problem...was the stick formatted before you put the file on?

------

sew2006
star
sew2006
Advanced
ON CANADA
Member since 6/24/06
Send Message

In reply to Snuggle Pockets <<

Date: 8/13/13 12:54 PM

When you downloaded the update did it match the operating system of the computer you were using? How large of a USB stick was used? Hope your dealer had some answers by now.

------
Janome10001, Babylock ESG3, Brother ULT 2001, White 634D serger, Pfaff 1472, Singer featherweight, Singer 14T957Dc, Bernina FunLock 009DCC coverlock, Brother PQ1500S, Janome CP900.

Snuggle Pockets
Snuggle Pockets
Intermediate
WA
Member since 7/26/13
Send Message

In reply to sew2006 <<

Date: 8/13/13 2:46 PM

It has been fixed! The tech called and walked me thru some steps to fix the glitch. We still do not know what happened, but everything was done according to instructions. I matched up the operating system, and the flash drive was correct size. Just happy I did not have to take it in and all is back in working order.

------
Snuggle Pocket Designs
Juki HZL-F300
Janome Serger 644D
Baby Lock Quilt n Craft

Mrs.Moos
star
Mrs.Moos  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Member since 11/5/02
Send Message

Date: 8/18/13 2:56 PM

Remember, when you do these updates, the USB stick must be squeaky clean. I always format my sticks before I use them anyway because sometimes they have "junk" on them-free this or that. And as the other poster said, you must download the version according to your OS.

------

suesewserge
suesewserge
Member since 4/21/11
Send Message

Date: 8/18/13 4:17 PM

Tech impaired here....how do you "format" a usb? Honestly I can't even figure out how to format a cd and am told that's why I can't save stuff (whether it's embroidery, docs, music, pics...) every time I try.

I saw the new upgrades to purchase this wk, very cool you can add multi function foot pedal and decide yourself what functions to select, an LED pointer/indicator (I think shows start point, not sure why I'd want or use that) and a couching foot.

Mrs.Moos
star
Mrs.Moos  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Member since 11/5/02
Send Message

In reply to suesewserge <<

Date: 8/24/13 2:27 AM

To format a stick. disk whatever, you put the media (stick disk etc) in the computer. Go to MY Computer or Computer in Win7, You right click the desired media and a menu will come up. One of the things is "format" Click format and it will come up with a warning. Make sure NOTHING you want is on that stick etc or it will vanish once it has been formatted.
I am waiting to see the hardware updates on these machines and how they go. Maybe let thm work some bugs out first....

------

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Machine Embroidery >> Brother/Babylock updates

Merchants on PR

Patterns from the Past

vintage sewing patterns
Deals!

Reconstructing History

Reconstructing History
Web site

Elliott Berman Textiles

Fabrics for Greater Ideas
Deals!

Gwyn Hug

Fabric Shopping Help!
Deals!

Lanetzliving Vintage Sewing Patterns

Vintage Sewing Patterns
Deals!

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Altering Pants
Altering Pants

Register

Altering Jackets
Altering Jackets

Register

Simplicity a2684

photo
by: kathieh9

Review
Twinkle Sews Poetry in Motion

photo
by: Cherylau

Review
SewBaby Alphabet Take-Along book Pattern

SewBaby Alphabet Take-Along book Pattern

Buy Now
Christine Jonson Inset Jacket

Christine Jonson Inset Jacket

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.