SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Sewing Machines > Juki Joy ( Moderated by Sharon1952, EleanorSews)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Juki Joy
A forum to discuss great Juki home machines.
KPM
star
KPM  Friend of PR
Advanced
Hawaii USA
Member since 1/18/07
Send Message

thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 8/17/13 8:45 PM

Come on in and sit down! Let's share experiences with our new Jukis, such as the F600 and 2010Q as well as well-loved older models. We can exchange resources and dream of a future high end Juki too!

------
Let's just say all modern sms are well represented in my studio.

KPM
star
KPM  Friend of PR
Advanced
Hawaii USA
Member since 1/18/07
Send Message

Date: 8/17/13 8:47 PM

As I've been enjoying piecing and quilting on my 2010 lately, I realized we didn't have a place where we could begin building a knowledge base on it and other models. I had no place to ask a question. So here it is! Feel free to share useful tips or pose a question about your Juki.

------

KPM
star
KPM  Friend of PR
Advanced
Hawaii USA
Member since 1/18/07
Send Message

Date: 8/17/13 8:49 PM

....so I'll ask the first question. Are there any feet any of you have added to your 2010? What's the best online source (I have no dealer here).

------

karen149
star
karen149  Friend of PR
Intermediate
California USA
Member since 3/4/05
Send Message

In reply to KPM <<

Date: 8/17/13 10:35 PM

Sharp Sewing on eBay has some great sets of feet that would work on the Juki. I'm sure just about any industrial high shank straight stitch type foot will work on it.

PattyGee
PattyGee  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Member since 11/12/03
Send Message

In reply to KPM <<

Date: 8/18/13 0:44 AM

KPM - I think we talked about this before, but I would like a walking foot like the Bernina. Do you think if we ask Juki they will make one?

------
Patty
Bernina 530, Bernina 200e with upgrade 730, BL Enlighten Serger, BL Coverstitch and Juki TL-2010Q.

BrendaR
BrendaR
Intermediate
Virginia USA
Member since 6/13/13
Send Message

Date: 8/18/13 0:55 AM

I have an industrial Juki that is pretty old (I got it from a retiring French seamstress in 1986). I've barely utilized it. It's in my new garage (I don't want it upstairs in my sewing room--it has to be filled with oil and I don't want to risk a spill up there, plus the ambiance in the garage seems pretty nice for sewing too!) I made all the curtains for my old house and then didn't really use it anymore (that is probably due to the crazy work life I had as much as anything). It is a great machine though! Maybe I'll use it to do household sewing or maybe I'll set myself up as some kind of assembly line. :). I have a lot of attachments but I think some of those are for other machines.

KPM
star
KPM  Friend of PR
Advanced
Hawaii USA
Member since 1/18/07
Send Message

In reply to PattyGee <<
thumbsup 2 members like this.

Date: 8/18/13 6:21 AM

That's a great idea. I love my machine but I'm not in love with its walking foot. I had some trouble seeing thru the narrow space between the front "runners" (for lack of a better word). Also I had a problem with monofilament thread catching underneath it on something, going "twang" every so often. Sometimes it seems unable to keep up with the speed of the machine, which is one of the reasons I got it in the first place. Plus the sheer bulk of it feels a bit clumsy. I do love the modern Bernina one with the 3 different soles. Anybody here have any pull with Juki?? They make such a good machine, we'd love the feet to be as genius.

------

KPM
star
KPM  Friend of PR
Advanced
Hawaii USA
Member since 1/18/07
Send Message

In reply to karen149 <<

Date: 8/18/13 6:22 AM

Thanks. Are there any in particular that you've tried and enjoy?

------

KPM
star
KPM  Friend of PR
Advanced
Hawaii USA
Member since 1/18/07
Send Message

In reply to BrendaR <<
thumbsup 3 members like this.

Date: 8/18/13 6:25 AM

Wow, I'd be a little intimidated by a machine I had to fill with oil...unless I could also drive it around town. But I see nothing wrong with creating a woman cave in your garage.

------

SouthernStitch
starstarstar
SouthernStitch  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Member since 8/24/02
Send Message

Date: 8/18/13 7:13 PM

Thanks for starting such a great thread. On another thread they talked about getting a free motion foot from Allbrands, but now I forget what foot that was. I think it came in a set.
I love mine for piecing, the speed, and the semi industrial quality. It just feels great to sew on. Next to learn on this machine is FMQ.

------
Bernina 780, and 530
Juki TL2010
Babylock Evolution
Singer 403a

When life gives you green velvet curtains, make a green velvet dress.

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Sewing Machines >> Juki Joy

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Blueprints to Blue Jeans
Blueprints to Blue Jeans

Register

10 Clever Techniques To Help You Sew Like a Pro
10 Clever Techniques To Help You Sew Like a Pro

Register

Vogue Patterns 2463

photo
by: nanneke

Review
Sew Liberated Woodlands Shirt

Sew Liberated Woodlands Shirt

Buy Now
PerfectFuseTailorUltra White

PerfectFuseTailorUltra White

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.