SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Platinum Sponsor
Fashion Fabrics Club
Fashion Fabrics Club

Forum > Fabrics and more... > Great trip to Hancock's ( Moderated by CynthiaSue)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Great trip to Hancock's
JTink
star
JTink
Intermediate
Member since 4/20/08
Send Message

thumbsup 4 members like this.

Date: 8/18/13 3:42 PM

Well folks, I just got back from my local Hancock's. I got roughly 21 yards(12 separate cuts) of material for $72.64. A savings of over $215.00. That's at least 3 pair of pants, 1 knit cardi, 5 blouses, 2 dressy jackets and at least one skirt.

The "Spot the Bolt" is on a crazy sale (mostly $3.98 per yard, but some lower). Plus they had a 15% off total purchase that expires today(saved an extra $12+ with that). I went to the store on Friday and mention to the manager that even at 60% off, $17.99 a bolt was just not looking very good. She told me to hold off till today, because a sale was going to start. I filled a basket with what I wanted and she rolled it to the back..she's such an enabler

Chemical
Chemical
Beginner
Member since 1/23/08
Send Message

Date: 8/18/13 3:56 PM

What did you score specifically??? I like to live vicariously so be descriptive please

------
Not keeping track of my stash anymore... just trying to sew it up and not buy more!!!

JTink
star
JTink
Intermediate
Member since 4/20/08
Send Message

In reply to Chemical <<
thumbsup 4 members like this.

Date: 8/18/13 7:36 PM

Chemical, I'll see if I an post a picture:

It's hard to see some of this. There's a dark blue poly suiting, brown linen/blends(some with embroidery), Black embroidered linen/blend, olive green poly suiting, some slinky rayon, white linen, olive green cotton, grey/black print knit. And of course the assortment of prints

ccris
ccris
Intermediate
Member since 10/27/05
Send Message

In reply to JTink <<
thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 8/18/13 8:49 PM

Oh my gosh, did you score!! They all look lovely, but I especially like the two in the front right....the fern-like print and the green linen or linen-like fabric, maybe it's the olive green poly suiting. They're all very nice. I don't have a Hancock's, and it's a darn good thing.

mssewcrazy
star
mssewcrazy  Friend of PR
Advanced
Mississippi USA
Member since 3/4/03
Send Message

Date: 8/18/13 8:58 PM

I really like the green and brown and the fern print that looks as it it would go with both of those. Great fall colors.

TinaLea
star
TinaLea  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Minnesota USA
Member since 11/8/07
Send Message

Date: 8/19/13 1:45 AM

SCORE! Love the fabrics you picked out, I have that same black & gray knit from Hancock's, can't wait to decide what to make with it!

JTink
star
JTink
Intermediate
Member since 4/20/08
Send Message

Date: 8/19/13 8:13 AM

Thanks everyone. I just wish there were Hancock stores everywhere, so folks could get these deals. I love that fern print, it will go well with the brown and the olive green.

I recently picked up Simplicity 2229 and that was my inspiration in yesterday's fabric purchase. I want to make some "go to" outfits. I did this last year with tops and slacks(skirts too). I paired them up on hangers with clips. Made it so simple to just reach in the closet and grab a hanger, top and bottom already matched up and ready to go.

Kim12469
starstarstar
Kim12469
Beginner
Montana USA
Member since 3/27/08
Send Message

Date: 8/19/13 2:14 PM

One of the best things about my new town is there is a Hancocks! I've been scouting the sale tables the last couple weeks. I bought a few things but when I saw the new sale I grabbed a bunch I'd been looking at but still didn't want to spend $10 a yard on.

They have some gorgeous RPLs in plaids and hearing bones, some very nice pontes with rayon in them, and I also bought some soft and lovely linens. I washed them all up and they are still wonderful!

I think I saved something like $300!

------
http://kimsewsilly.blogspot.com/

Chemical
Chemical
Beginner
Member since 1/23/08
Send Message

In reply to JTink <<

Date: 8/19/13 7:37 PM

Many thank yous JTink-- looks like you got some great stuff!!!!

------
Not keeping track of my stash anymore... just trying to sew it up and not buy more!!!

MrsCharisma
starstarstarstar
MrsCharisma  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Minnesota USA
Member since 2/1/13
Send Message

thumbsup 2 members like this.

Subject: Great trip to Hancocks Date: 8/20/13 8:48 PM

Ah...I got off work today and migrated to Hancock! I had no intentions on going there!!! I bought 4 pieces (plus a remnant) for $24 (with $5 off coupon). 2 pairs of pants, 2 skirts and a shirt is the plan for the fabrics.

yay me!

Plus - Burda is on sale starting Thursday at Hancock so I'll probably be back. Oooh. I should go to a different one to see if there are more awesome options.

------
Nakisha
www.sewcraftychemist.blogspot.com
Singer Talent 3321 | Brother 1034D

My Big 4 Sizing: Medium | Tops 14/16 | Pants 18 | Skirts 16/18.

My Measurements: 36 HB | 38.5 FB | 34 W | 44 Hip

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Fabrics and more... >> Great trip to Hancock's

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Understanding Interfacings
Understanding Interfacings

Register

The Contemporary Couture Jacket
The Contemporary Couture Jacket

Register

Self Drafted Pattern 99383-1001

photo
by: julliams

Review
Simplicity Vintage 7482 into Skant

photo
by: lbreton

Review
Sew Liberated Huck Finn Cap

Sew Liberated Huck Finn Cap

Buy Now
You Sew Girl Draped T-Dress Pattern

You Sew Girl Draped T-Dress Pattern

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.