SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Platinum Sponsor
PatternReview.com
PatternReview.com

Forum > Miscellaneous > Fantasy ( Moderated by Deepika, EleanorSews, CynthiaSue)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Fantasy
About the NSA
Soolip
star
Soolip
Advanced
California USA
Member since 6/18/08
Send Message

thumbsup 10 members like this.

Date: 8/21/13 11:31 AM

As you know, I've long been an advocate of the pressure cooker. Unfortunately, pressure cookers are now viewed with suspicion by the NSA (you go to Hell Dzhokhar Tsarnaev! You go to Hell and you die!). They've been tracking "pressure cooker" searches on the internet, and some people have been questioned about their pressure cooker-related activities. I had a little fantasy about the NSA, and it went something like this:

Two gentlemen dressed in suits on the stoops. "Sir, National Security. We've been tracking your interest in pressure cookers online and we'd like to ask you a few questions."

"Certainly, gentleman. But what a coincidence. I was just getting ready to make chili con carne in my pressure cooker. Do come in." Then I showed them how quick and easy it is to whip up a delicious meal in a pressure cooker. "You can have fresh, home-cooked meals every night!", I said. Then we all sat down to dinner and traded jokes about Edward Snowden. Tom got up from the table and played a few Sondheim favorites on the piano, and we all sang along. We never got to the questions.

When it was time for them to go, we bade them good night, and I gave each of them homemade cookies that I had packed in little brown paper bags. Then they got into their car and said to each other, "That chile con carne was delicious!", and "What charming hosts! A perfect evening!" They returned to their families, kissing their wives and giving the cookies to their children. And all was right with the world.

That's all I want. All I ever wanted, really

Except for that 8-quart Kuhn Rikon.

janimal
star
janimal
Advanced Beginner
Georgia USA
Member since 2/12/10
Send Message

thumbsup 16 members like this.

Date: 8/21/13 11:55 AM

If I were going to have a fantasy about 2 Security agents showing up at my door, it probably wouldn't include cooking chili and sharing cookies.

Or wait, what kind of cookies?
-- Edited on 8/21/13 11:55 AM --

------
Happy Momma working to pay the mortgage and buy fabric.
www.delilahsmomma.blogspot.com

Soolip
star
Soolip
Advanced
California USA
Member since 6/18/08
Send Message

thumbsup 5 members like this.

Date: 8/21/13 4:35 PM

White chocolate/Macadamia, and Fudge with walnuts.

mastdenman
star
mastdenman  Friend of PR
Intermediate
California USA
Member since 1/12/04
Send Message

thumbsup 2 members like this.

Date: 8/22/13 2:21 PM

To my understanding you can search for pressure cookers, but don't include fertilizer with that.

------
Marilyn

January 2009 to January 2010 81 yards out and 71yards in January 2010 to the present 106.7 yards out and 146.5 yards in. January 2011 to the present: 47 yards out and 69 yards in.

Helen in CO
Helen in CO  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
Colorado USA
Member since 4/6/12
Send Message

In reply to Soolip <<
thumbsup 3 members like this.

Date: 8/22/13 8:04 PM

My mom often used a pressure cooker so I don't recall ever having a time without one. They're so useful. Green chili is fantastic made in them, btw. Brown the meat in it, then add the rest of the ingredients and let the cooker go to town.

Btw, using brown paper bags for the cookies is a nice touch. Retro cooking all the way.

GlButterfly

GlButterfly
Intermediate
California USA
Member since 8/28/08
Send Message

Date: 8/23/13 0:00 AM

Pressure cookers are great to cook with. They can be very explosive. When I was a little girl the lid blew on my mother's--she was cleaning food off the ceiling for hours.

The thing is that once the NSA checks all the pressure cooker purchases, the bad guys will have come up with another plan. :(

------
That's Gl = for Gloria, not G. I.

poorpigling

poorpigling
Advanced
Texas USA
Member since 12/28/07
Send Message

In reply to Soolip <<

Date: 8/23/13 8:56 AM

Buy a crock pot.. I have never had a dream regarding my crock pot
Most of us have dreams about national security showing up.. ever since they put those people in the airports you know..
Of course they could also be explained if I knew what you were putting in your cookies ..

Nice try but I am not buying you a 8 quart Kuhn Rikon.. The world is already too dangerous.

quiltingwolf
star
quiltingwolf
Intermediate
Member since 12/15/02
Send Message

thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 8/23/13 10:54 AM

I used a pressure cooker once. I got one free from the company I worked for. It was an commerical one, they were getting new ones and told the employees yours if you want them ( worked for a spice company). Pea soup, walls, enough said. The was the end of my pressure cooking.

------
quiltingwolf.blogspot.com

kathleen1304

kathleen1304  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Washington USA
Member since 5/19/05
Send Message

thumbsup 3 members like this.

Date: 8/23/13 11:48 AM

Our neighbor was a fireman for 30 plus years. The only on-the-job injury he ever sustained was at the firehouse. The spaghetti sauce he was cooking in a pressure cooker blew up and burned his chest.

------
Impossible you say? Nothing is impossible when you work for the circus!

Let's make Better Mistakes Tomorrow

poorpigling

poorpigling
Advanced
Texas USA
Member since 12/28/07
Send Message

thumbsup 2 members like this.

Date: 8/23/13 10:18 PM

Soolip never returned.. maybe he is off dreaming about Brad Pitt..

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Miscellaneous >> Fantasy

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Leather 101
Leather 101

Register

Clone Your Favorite Garment
Clone Your Favorite Garment

Register

StyleArc Jenny Shirt

photo
by: FreyaStark

Review
BurdaStyle Magazine 08-2011-116

photo
by: Anne Cherr...

Review
Take-Along Bags

Take-Along Bags

Buy Now
Christine Jonson Taper Pant & Wide Leg Pant

Christine Jonson Taper Pant & Wide Leg Pant

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.