SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Sewing Machines > Juki f600 ( Moderated by Sharon1952, EleanorSews)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Juki f600
Janome Circular attachment work with Juki F600?
anu14
anu14
Intermediate
Virginia USA
Member since 8/24/13
Send Message

Date: 8/25/13 1:12 AM

Hello

New to this forum. All of you Juki lovers have me leaning towards the Juki f600 versus the janome 4120. However the circular attachment in the janome has me drooling.

Quick question - Has anyone tried using the Circular attachment with the Juki f600?

Thanks

sew2006
star
sew2006
Advanced
Ontario CANADA
Member since 6/24/06
online now
Send Message

In reply to anu14 <<

Date: 8/25/13 3:32 PM

Janome has 2 versions of the circular attachement. They both attach to the machine in the same way, you remove the clear bobbin cover and place the metal part of the circular attachent in it's place. Therefore it's more specific to make/model and won't work.

------
Janome10001, Babylock ESG3, Brother ULT 2001, White 634D serger, Pfaff 1472, Singer featherweight, Singer 14T957Dc, Bernina FunLock 009DCC coverlock, Brother PQ1500S, Janome CP900.

anu14
anu14
Intermediate
Virginia USA
Member since 8/24/13
Send Message

In reply to sew2006 <<
thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 8/25/13 5:28 PM

Quote: sew2006
Janome has 2 versions of the circular attachement. They both attach to the machine in the same way, you remove the clear bobbin cover and place the metal part of the circular attachent in it's place. Therefore it's more specific to make/model and won't work.

Thank you.

I own the Janome 11000SE but have been having a lot of problems with it. Was considering buying the circular attachment for it.

I think I will now just go with the Juki and use one of those generic sew circle notions or mcguyver my own :).

sew2006
star
sew2006
Advanced
Ontario CANADA
Member since 6/24/06
online now
Send Message

In reply to anu14 <<

Date: 8/26/13 2:28 AM

What sort of problems are you having with the Janome?

------
Janome10001, Babylock ESG3, Brother ULT 2001, White 634D serger, Pfaff 1472, Singer featherweight, Singer 14T957Dc, Bernina FunLock 009DCC coverlock, Brother PQ1500S, Janome CP900.

SandiMacD
star
SandiMacD  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Florida USA
Member since 2/8/09
Send Message

Date: 8/26/13 7:32 AM

Nancy Z also sells a nifty circular attachment that goes up to a very large circle size. She has a demo video and did a TV show on line you can watch. Its on my list TO BUY.
Welcome to PR!
-- Edited on 8/26/13 7:33 AM --

------
sewing brings joy and meaning to my life...

Tee Jones Actie

Tee Jones Actie  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Maryland USA
Member since 1/30/07
Send Message

In reply to anu14 <<

Date: 8/27/13 10:19 AM

I have had my Juki F600 for 2 years and continue to LOVE it!!! Never need to use the circular attachment. My Singer Anniversary Edition came with that attachment...not a quilter so will probably never use it....who knows. What do you use it for?

------
Ivalyn "Tee" Jones-Actie
"FEAR" False Evidence Appearing Real

anu14
anu14
Intermediate
Virginia USA
Member since 8/24/13
Send Message

In reply to sew2006 <<

Date: 8/28/13 3:10 PM

Quote: sew2006
What sort of problems are you having with the Janome?

Probably have a dud .. my friends owns one and no issues .. however on mine, thread nests, and several other problems ... to having on/off switch replaced etc etc. I have had it in more times for servicing and less time sewing...

Recently looked at the Janome 9900, the 4120 and then decided on the Juki f600.

The 11000SE was actually more than I needed - I do mostly garments and home dec stuff, no quilting.
anu14
anu14
Intermediate
Virginia USA
Member since 8/24/13
Send Message

In reply to SandiMacD <<

Date: 8/28/13 3:13 PM

Quote: SandiMacD
Nancy Z also sells a nifty circular attachment that goes up to a very large circle size. She has a demo video and did a TV show on line you can watch. Its on my list TO BUY.

Welcome to PR!
-- Edited on 8/26/13 7:33 AM --

I actually recently saw that video online .. looks neat. Thanks

I will probably also try the Brother circular attachment. I read a review on here (tholtz) on the Juki f600 and she mentions that these take the Brother/Baby lock presser feet .. will give that a try.
-- Edited on 8/28/13 3:21 PM --
anu14
anu14
Intermediate
Virginia USA
Member since 8/24/13
Send Message

In reply to Tee Jones Actie <<

Date: 8/28/13 3:20 PM

Quote: Tee Jones Actie
I have had my Juki F600 for 2 years and continue to LOVE it!!! Never need to use the circular attachment. My Singer Anniversary Edition came with that attachment...not a quilter so will probably never use it....who knows. What do you use it for?

Still trying to figure this forum ... so numerous posts replying to everyone :)

I have this really neat idea for a skirt for DD that has circles of different sizes embroidered and appliqued close to the hem and I am planning a blouse translucent with same shade as blouse circles embroidered on it to give the illusion of lace.

She is going off to college next year and I am getting started on her wardrobe before she leaves
sew2006
star
sew2006
Advanced
Ontario CANADA
Member since 6/24/06
online now
Send Message

In reply to anu14 <<

Date: 8/28/13 11:55 PM

I don't think the Brother/Babylock circular attachement will work either. circular instruction book This 1 has a couple notches that snap into holes in the needle plate. If my copy/paste works you should see the instruction book for the attachement. I have an older Brother machine that I can't use this on because the needle plate holes hold it in place. If you have a brick/mortor store take your needle plate with you. Pfaff/Husqvarna have a circular attachement but it also snaps into holes in the needle plate as well.

------

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Sewing Machines >> Juki f600

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Online Class
Beginners Guide to Sewing Jackets
Beginners Guide to Sewing Jackets

Class Details

Online Class
Blueprints to Blue Jeans
Blueprints to Blue Jeans

Class Details

Self Drafted Pattern 56777-1002

photo
by: jorth

Review
Petite Plus 202 Pattern

Petite Plus 202 Pattern

More Info
Islander Sewing Systems Double Green Shopping Bag Pattern

Islander Sewing Systems Double Green Shopping Bag Pattern

More Info

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.