SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Sewing Machines > Janome Horizon Memory Craft 15000 ( Moderated by Sharon1952, EleanorSews)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Janome Horizon Memory Craft 15000
New machine with wireless
1975Jumby
star
1975Jumby
Intermediate
CA USA
Member since 8/19/08
Send Message

thumbsup 3 members like this.

Date: 8/29/13 4:49 PM

Not sure if anyone posted about the new Janome machine, but check this out:

Janome Horizon Memory Craft 15000

It has wireless capabilities that connect to your home wifi as well as your iPad. Two apps are made for this - the first monitors your embroidery progress and the second allows you to design embroidery layouts. Pretty cool!

It comes out October 1st and they are offering a free iPad with purchase!

------
Babylock Ellisimo Gold
Babylock Enlighten
Kenmore 1914
Kenmore 1814

quiltingwolf
star
quiltingwolf  Friend of PR
Intermediate
MD
Member since 12/15/02
Send Message

In reply to 1975Jumby <<

Date: 8/29/13 4:56 PM

Yeah we've been talking about it under the Janome thread that looks to be some machine.

------
quiltingwolf.blogspot.com

Sandygirl
Sandygirl
Intermediate
Member since 8/18/10
Send Message

thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 8/31/13 7:01 AM

I have an Ipad. I am frightened at the speculation of MSRP. Out of my league, I am sure! Sandy

------
Janome-gal. 9700, 9900, 1030, 11000D (serger)

quiltingwolf
star
Intermediate
MD
Member since 12/15/02
Send Message

In reply to Sandygirl <<
thumbsup 2 members like this.

Date: 8/31/13 7:43 AM

As someone else said I have a feeling the price is close to the name and that is way too much for a sewing machine I don't care if it even did the dishes. I just worry with machines keep advancing they are taking some of the "human" out of the craft and that's not good. But it is a beautiful machine. Jim Stutsman a Janome gruru has a yahoo group and he was posting from the convention, however I'm sure there are certain things he can't say until the release.

------

AngieRose

AngieRose  Friend of PR
Advanced
CA
Member since 6/1/09
Send Message

In reply to 1975Jumby <<

Date: 8/31/13 11:27 AM

I'll stick with my Ellisimo for now. I'm sure the next edition of top of the line combo or embroidery machines will include "wireless".
While I like Janome sewing machines, I'm not fond of the long embroidery arm at the back of their embroidery modules. Maybe they have changed that feature---

You can actually go wireless right now if you want with the Air Stitch app. on the iPad. You need a special USB stick to put in your machine. Right now wireless seems to be in it's infancy, and a bit more convoluted that I care to spend time learning.

It will be fun to see the new Janome though. BTW, Air Stitch has a Facebook page as well. Air Stitch does not store hundred of designs, but it's nice on the iPad if you are browsing around embroidery design websites and find a design that you want right now. Drop it into AirStitch via dropbox.
Air Stitch
-- Edited on 8/31/13 11:29 AM --
-- Edited on 9/8/13 12:50 PM --

------
AngieRose, who love sewing, machine embroidery and quilting. 2008 Babylock Ellisimo, 2013 Brother DreamWeaver VQ3000, Bernina 1090, Singer Featherweight & 2009 Prodigy Quilter
http://timberhillthreads.blogspot.com

AngieRose

AngieRose  Friend of PR
Advanced
CA
Member since 6/1/09
Send Message

In reply to 1975Jumby <<

Date: 8/31/13 2:49 PM

See that embroidery module arm. Wish it didn't have that.

-- Edited on 8/31/13 2:51 PM --

------
AngieRose, who love sewing, machine embroidery and quilting. 2008 Babylock Ellisimo, 2013 Brother DreamWeaver VQ3000, Bernina 1090, Singer Featherweight & 2009 Prodigy Quilter
http://timberhillthreads.blogspot.com

nuf4wes
nuf4wes
Intermediate
Member since 1/23/06
Send Message

Date: 9/1/13 6:15 AM

I really like the embroidery arm sticking out from the back. I makes the machine fit better on my butcher block sewing table. I don't have a lift mechanism but I use an extension table to get the flat bed effect. I have a pfaff 2170 that has the same kind of embroidery arm. It is so handy. ANd the robotics in the Janome arm are better than the side ones, I feel. I also have a Viking Designer diamond with the large side embroidery arm. Janome's hoops are smaller though.

Can't wait to see all the features of the new machines.
Rose

Member since 12/31/69
Send Message

Date: 9/8/13 10:49 AM

Finally... I was waiting and wondering when a machine was going to come out with built in wireless. On long stitch outs I do leave the room and close the door. This would be great for that purpose to check up on it if doing something else.

But, as stated previously, I'm sure it's WAY out of my price range.
-- Edited on 9/8/13 10:52 AM --

sewme47
star
sewme47
Intermediate
IL USA
Member since 8/28/08
Send Message

Date: 9/8/13 12:41 PM

Can someone post the msrp? Thank you.

------
A balanced diet is a cupcake in each hand.

quiltingwolf
star
Intermediate
MD
Member since 12/15/02
Send Message

In reply to sewme47 <<

Date: 9/8/13 2:24 PM

We don't know machine isn't going to be released until October.

------

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Sewing Machines >> Janome Horizon Memory Craft 15000

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

10 Clever Techniques To Help You Sew Like a Pro
10 Clever Techniques To Help You Sew Like a Pro

Register

Sewing with Slippery & Drapey Fabrics
Sewing with Slippery & Drapey Fabrics

Register

Petite Plus 502 Pattern

Petite Plus 502 Pattern

Buy Now
Petite Plus Patterns Walking Jacket

Petite Plus Patterns Walking Jacket

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.