SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Platinum Sponsor
PatternReview.com
PatternReview.com

Forum > Miscellaneous > SEPT. SUNSHINE THREAD!!!!!!!!! ( Moderated by Deepika, EleanorSews, CynthiaSue)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
SEPT. SUNSHINE THREAD!!!!!!!!!
Here comes the trasition month, summer, fall, new patterns, new Ideas or what ever.
skae
star
skae  Friend of PR
Advanced
Member since 4/23/07
Send Message

thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 9/1/13 11:26 AM

Today is Sept.1st it has finally cooled down for a bit.
It is cloudy and misting rain. Christy not happy she wanted to ride bicycle the pedal kind. Oh well. maybe later today.
I wonder what Sept. will bring? I hope lots of good stuff.
so what is everyone else is doing this great weekend?
Have a wonderful day everyone.
here's a Facebook moment.

-- Edited on 9/1/13 11:34 AM --

------
Ecclesiastes 11:7,8 Nothing on earth is more beautiful than the morning sun. Even if you live to a ripe old age, you should try to enjoy each day, because darkness will come and will last a long time. (CEV)

SheBear0320
starstar
SheBear0320  Friend of PR
Advanced
Manitoba Canada
Member since 4/8/08
Send Message

Date: 9/1/13 11:36 AM

We are enjoying a bit of a reprieve from the heat and humidity that has been around for most of the past 2 weeks -- great to have the windows open for a change. Looks like we may get a couple of days of this and then back to the heat and humidity.

Hoping to get in some fall hiking -- and of course dance season starts up again this week so all is good.

------
Sheila
"sewing very slowly to fill an empty closet"

2014 Stash Busting Sew-Along:
73.125 yards sewn (as of 10/21/14)
135.5 yards purchased (as of 10/21/14)

Changma
star
Changma  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
New York USA
Member since 2/20/12
Send Message

thumbsup 3 members like this.

Date: 9/1/13 11:50 AM

Very sticky today, and back to school on Tuesday...however, today is beautiful DD's 17th birthday, and I give my thanks for her! Took her into Manhattan on Thursday to check out FIT for marketing (she graduates in June) and walked to Mood-she wanted to see Swatch. Then up to Times Square and Rockefeller Center. It's been a few years since I took her in to the city. friends coming over today to help celebrate.
Happy, happy day to all, but especially DD.

tgm and Kittys
star
tgm and  Kittys
Advanced Beginner
USA
Member since 3/8/10
Send Message

In reply to Changma <<

Date: 9/1/13 12:07 PM

Oh it sounds like you & your family are having a great day! Congrats on having such a good relationship with your daughter. ...

------
Home of the adorable Baby & Mittee girl >^,,^<
Mittee birthday 10/5/2009, The Baby 11/2/2000

Oh my..here we go again, no job...Sighing allot..almost 3 months & counting ...

Home to Hello Kitty Kate, Hello Kitty Valerie, Dottie Kenmore

Kip C
Kip  C
Advanced
Pennsylvania USA
Member since 1/13/08
Send Message

Date: 9/1/13 6:41 PM

80s and terribly humid and sticky today! We were at a pistol shoot all day (I sew and sell shooting vests) and sweat like no ones business !
September is a great month ! I love when the family gets back to a regular schedule (because hubby's work schedule is not) and the cooling and bedding down of the garden and the opportunity to sew more ! This fall has an added bonus of uncertainty as to how many classes I'll have to teach on my calendar at my newly opened sewing school ! FUN !

------
Kip
www.pineneedlehouse.weebly.com

BriarRose
BriarRose
Intermediate
USA
Member since 10/30/10
Send Message

Date: 9/1/13 7:37 PM

I start teaching belly dance classes again next week and need something new to wear to class. I'm adding debke this year to shake things up and I bet students will love it.

We've got temps in the nineties predicted for the whole week- something more appropriate for July and mid-August than September. My husband is at the ranch playing granddaddy this weekend so I have the house to myself. I had plans to sew all day Sunday but woke up with a headache that I can't quite shake. I tend to make silly mistakes when my head hurts so I am waiting it out.

------
I've quit fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

It's just fabric; we can out-think it.

MrsCharisma
starstarstarstar
MrsCharisma  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Minnesota USA
Member since 2/1/13
Send Message

thumbsup 2 members like this.

Date: 9/2/13 7:33 PM

Happy birthday to your daughter changma!

This month I celebrate back to school! Lower electric bill! Lower grocery bill!! :)

My daughter turns 15 on Monday!

It's autumn! My favorite season.

And I'm pretty stoked about the mini wardrobe contest.

------
Nakisha
www.sewcraftychemist.blogspot.com
Singer Talent 3321 | Brother 1034D

My Big 4 Sizing: Medium | Tops 14/16 | Pants 18 | Skirts 16/18.

My Measurements: 36 HB | 38.5 FB | 34 W | 44 Hip

BriarRose
BriarRose
Intermediate
USA
Member since 10/30/10
Send Message

Date: 9/2/13 8:01 PM

I've been thinking (okay, mildly obsessing) about my teaching wardrobe. At 58 I am not comfortable or attractive in the tight lycra outfits worn by younger belly dance teachers. My upper arms sprouted wings seemingly over night and my legs were never my best feature, but my students have to be able to see both clearly in order to learn the movements.

I went to Hancocks today and bought Vogue skirt pattern 8908. I can narrow the yoke so I can wear the skirt at the hip over a leotard with a 3/4 length sleeve or leave the yoke as is and wear a knit top over it. The hem will allow students to see what they need to see and still afford me a good level of modesty.

Ah, to have both my 58 year old mind and my 23 year old body!

------
I've quit fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

It's just fabric; we can out-think it.

skae
star
skae  Friend of PR
Advanced
Member since 4/23/07
Send Message

Date: 9/2/13 8:07 PM

We have a little woodchuck living in our pole barn. He or she is such a fat little bugger. We call it Woodrow.
Today before my daughter left for the twin cities we went bicycling the munger trail. We did about 8 miles. Here's a picture of her standing by the look out for the river flowing.

here is a facebook moment.

I'm glad everyone is enjoying labor day.
Happy Sept.
Picture of the wood chuck

-- Edited on 9/2/13 8:10 PM --

------
Ecclesiastes 11:7,8 Nothing on earth is more beautiful than the morning sun. Even if you live to a ripe old age, you should try to enjoy each day, because darkness will come and will last a long time. (CEV)

Al Johnson
star
Al Johnson
Beginner
Minnesota USA
Member since 2/17/07
Send Message

thumbsup 2 members like this.

Date: 9/2/13 11:31 PM

I had a normal weekend for the first two days, as in groceries, laundry, and so forth. Today I dedicated to shortening the curtains for my son's upstairs bedroom. The house is a story and a half bungalow, so the ceilings are short, and the store-bought (lined) curtains were normal length, so 19" had to come off. Even though I did another identical set already a few months ago, it took considerably longer than the 4 hours I thought it would take. Call it six or seven hours, not including the interruptions. But they ended up looking just the same as they started, only shorter, so that's a success! Used my Universal Zig Zag machine. Hard to beat that one.

------
A sewing machine is just a welder for textiles.

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Miscellaneous >> SEPT. SUNSHINE THREAD!!!!!!!!!

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Online Class
Fun with Fitting - PANTS
Fun with Fitting - PANTS

Class Details

Online Class
Clone Your Favorite Garment
Clone Your Favorite Garment

Class Details

You Sew Girl Adult Hats Pattern

You Sew Girl Adult Hats Pattern

More Info
SewBaby Mitten Wraps and One Piece Hat Pattern

SewBaby Mitten Wraps and One Piece Hat Pattern

More Info
McCall's 6518

photo
by: BlossomKyl...

Review

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.