SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Miscellaneous > Wastin' Away Again in Margaritaville! ( Moderated by Deepika, EleanorSews, CynthiaSue)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Wastin' Away Again in Margaritaville!
No Rants, No Raves........Only Musings and Meanderings on Hot and Cold Days.
a7yrstitch
star
a7yrstitch  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Texas USA
Member since 4/1/08
Send Message

Date: 9/2/13 8:09 PM

Everyone is welcome to ponder over anything, or grumble about anything or share whatever. I don't often wish to be bothered to rant - too much energy for a hot summer day. And some things are not quite rave-able.

Jump in and post as you please. And if you are so inclined, take a moment to read.

I'm going to add headers to my posts so if I want to grumble folks can be forewarned that they may not want to continue reading. :)

------
I have no idea what Apple thought I was saying so be a Peach and credit anything bizarre to auto correct.

a7yrstitch
star
a7yrstitch  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Texas USA
Member since 4/1/08
Send Message

Date: 9/2/13 8:30 PM

Maybe a grumble? - September, waving the white flag for one month - or burying my head in the sand.

I've determined to not talk politics with folks at the pool or gym this month; it is just not productive. Once I tell them I am taking the month off it will be easy in the following months to continue to focus on my workout and leave the chitchat to others.

What I really should be writing about is basting and cutting the dreaded project (part 1) out on the patio today. The temperature at mid morning was only 89 but the heat index was already 104. I have no idea how hot it was this afternoon but big splots of moisture were raining down on the fabric as regular as any rainfall. And, this is what made me think of the Margaritaville song, some of the swirls and circles on the fabric were merging into happy faces. Poorp-i-g-g-l-i-n-g........where is that cabana boy?!? He's been at your house long enough. I need him here now - and could he please bring a pool when he comes?

------
I have no idea what Apple thought I was saying so be a Peach and credit anything bizarre to auto correct.

Sewandwrite
star
Sewandwrite  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
Maryland USA
Member since 5/16/08
Send Message

thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Subject: Wastin Away Again in Margaritaville! Date: 9/2/13 9:41 PM

I love hot weather.

I hate the air pollution that accompanies it so often in my area. Today was a prime example.

The idea of wasting away in Margaritaville ... where lunch lasts forever ... sounds so good.

JTink
star
JTink
Intermediate
Member since 4/20/08
Send Message

Date: 9/3/13 9:00 AM

I can't take the heat like I could in my younger years. Also have become light sensitive, so I stay inside a lot, especially during the summer months. I love cold weather, early Spring and mid-late Fall. This has been such a wet summer. We haven't used the River cottage much and both factors have contributed to a huge build up of mold. I spent last weekend, on my hands and knees with vinegar and water, wiping mold from the Bamboo flooring and all of the wood furniture. Our son is an HVAC guy and is going to install a whole house dehumidifier on the central unit in the next week or so. My knees are still bruised from kneeling on the hard floors.

poorpigling

poorpigling
Advanced
Texas USA
Member since 12/28/07
Send Message

Subject: Wastin Away Again in Margaritaville! Date: 9/3/13 9:03 AM

I wish I could just get two or three days of really nice weather on the cool side to do fall clean up.. Even the dogs are complaining about the dog days of summer this year..

But really.. I just dropped in for that drink..

MrsCharisma
starstarstarstar
MrsCharisma  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Minnesota USA
Member since 2/1/13
Send Message

Subject: Wastin Away Again in Margaritaville! Date: 9/3/13 9:07 AM

I like margaritas!!

I hate the heat. Bleh. Right now it's 48 degrees outside and I'm not broken up about it...especially since last Monday it was nearly 100 with humidity.

------
Nakisha
www.sewcraftychemist.blogspot.com
Singer Talent 3321 | Brother 1034D

My Big 4 Sizing: Medium | Tops 14/16 | Pants 18 | Skirts 16/18.

My Measurements: 36 HB | 38.5 FB | 34 W | 44 Hip

schmammy
star
schmammy  Friend of PR
Texas USA
Member since 12/5/06
Send Message

Date: 9/3/13 9:53 AM

Can't call this a rant because it comes with the territory, so to speak. Yes, the crack is four inches wide, and yes, a chihuahua will fit inside.

Summer in Texas
-- Edited on 9/4/13 8:46 AM --

------
Indecision may or may not be my problem. -Jimmy Buffet

http://chihuahuaonmylap.blogspot.com/

a7yrstitch
star
a7yrstitch  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Texas USA
Member since 4/1/08
Send Message

In reply to schmammy <<

Date: 9/3/13 12:32 PM

Schmammy, your link wouldn't work for me. Hope you will try again. When we lived in Irving we had a neighbor who did not water - you know what that means! Crevices radiated from her yard towards ours. Luckily we had a huge yard there and could keep the crevices away from the house.

Margaritas and smoothies with lunch! Air misters and fans on high, fresh filters on the air cleaners. JTink, you can have first dubs on the cabana boy for a massage.

------

Canadian Jane
star
Canadian Jane
Advanced Beginner
Alberta CANADA
Member since 10/30/10
online now
Send Message

thumbsup 2 members like this.

Date: 9/3/13 4:00 PM

All of you in that horrible heat and humidity are welcome to come visit. Our Summer started late this year so we are now having lovely weather - about 77 F with little or no humidity.
You can have frozen margaritas, Sangria, or good old Canadian Beer. Already our leaves are turning, you can see fall coming. Our nights are nice and cool. I just love it.

Very few people in my area have a pool so I can't send any Cabana boys.

In honour of you all, I think I will go have some Sangria right now. Cheers!!

Speech girl
starstar
Speech girl  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Georgia USA
Member since 5/11/03
Send Message

thumbsup 4 members like this.

Date: 9/3/13 6:51 PM

It's so not Margaritaville here. Usually it's hot, humid, and sunny for half the year. This year it's been overcast and rainy. On the plus side, it has not been as scorching hot as summers usually are here. On the other hand, it's been so damp that the veggies and fruits are rotting in the garden and moss, mold, and mildew are everywhere. When we do have a sunny day it feels unnatural to me, like I'm a cave animal who isn't used to being out in the sun.

Most years recently we have been in extreme drought--now it's extreme wetness!

------
Kim
formerly mikkim
http://girlwithatimemachine.wordpress.com/

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Miscellaneous >> Wastin' Away Again in Margaritaville!

Merchants on PR

Fitz Like a Glove Ironing Board Cover

Made In Australia
Deals!

Patterns from the Past

vintage sewing patterns
Deals!

Reconstructing History

Reconstructing History
Web site

Nature's Fabrics

Natural & Organic Fabrics
Deals!

Elliott Berman Textiles

Fabrics for Greater Ideas
Deals!

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Clone Your Favorite Garment
Clone Your Favorite Garment

Register

Fun with Fitting - BODICE w Darts
Fun with Fitting - BODICE w Darts

Register

Jamie Christina Miz Mozelle Dress Paper Pattern

Jamie Christina Miz Mozelle Dress Paper Pattern

Buy Now
Petite Plus 651 Pattern

Petite Plus 651 Pattern

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.