SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Platinum Sponsor
PatternReview.com
PatternReview.com

Forum > Patterns and Notions > New Marfy patterns are up on BMV website ( Moderated by Sharon1952)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
New Marfy patterns are up on BMV website
For Fall Winter 2013-2014
nancy2001
starstarstarstar
nancy2001  Friend of PR
Advanced
Alabama USA
Member since 12/3/05
Send Message

thumbsup 2 members like this.

Date: 9/5/13 7:57 PM

The Fall Winter 2013-2014 Marfy patterns are now up on the BMV website. Marfy's annual 2013-2014 catalog is also available for purchase.

I like two jackets, F3223 and F3226.

------
No sewing project is ever a complete success nor a total failure.

AnneM
starstar
AnneM  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Massachusetts USA
Member since 7/30/02
Send Message

Date: 9/5/13 8:22 PM

I'm always a softie for color block although I never make or wear it. So I also like F3226.

F3200 coat w/ cloak is pretty neat. Reminds me of the Silhouette pattern I recently noticed, although this one is a little fancier.

For the life I don't lead.

More realistically, F2909 dress with pleats at the neckline would likely be good for my figure (slim pear, broad shoulders). They only list it in 2 sizes, though!

This is actually one of the more appealing group of Marfy patterns for me. Too bad none are the ones included with the catalogue.

------
With a great wardrobe that's still in the flat-fabric stage.

clotheshorse
star
clotheshorse  Friend of PR
Intermediate
British Columbia CANADA
Member since 3/24/10
Send Message

In reply to nancy2001 <<

Date: 9/5/13 9:54 PM

I like those as well, I think the lines are very figure flattering. I'm tempted by a few of their patterns, but my sewing list is already too long!

------
Viking D1, 1+, Pfaff 7570, Singer 503 Rocketeer, 66, 15-91, 301, Featherweight 6 Flock, Babylock Enlighten & CS and Pfaff Creative Performance

Nancy K
starstarstar
Nancy K
Advanced
New York USA
Member since 12/28/04
Send Message

In reply to nancy2001 <<

Date: 9/6/13 12:25 PM

Some nice coats and I ordered this one this morning. Maybe I'll actually use this pattern for the trenchcoat I've been planning for more years than I care to think about.F3195
-- Edited on 9/6/13 2:00 PM --

------
www.nancyksews.blogspot.com

Shona
star
Shona  Friend of PR
Advanced
British Columbia CANADA
Member since 11/9/02
Send Message

Date: 9/6/13 4:03 PM

I love all the coats and jackets although the prices discourage me from adding them to my wardrobe, considering that they have no place in my lifestyle. Droool.

M.S.
star
M.S.
Intermediate
Member since 3/6/09
Send Message

Date: 9/6/13 4:22 PM

I have my eye on 3219! Wondering if it would work with a really heavy wool, or if lighter weight fabric is needed.

threaddy
star
threaddy  Friend of PR
Advanced
Wyoming USA
Member since 4/22/09
Send Message

Date: 9/7/13 11:30 AM

F3009 looks really nice...but does Marfy ever go on sale (?)...the price seems a bit steep seeing as how one can get McCalls, Butterick etc. for $1.99 or less on sale.
-- Edited on 9/7/13 11:31 AM --

------
"The problem is not that there are problems. The problem is expecting otherwise and thinking that having problems is a problem." Theodore Rubin
"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life's about creating yourself." George Bernard Shaw
Dan 9:24-27

Bernina vintage and computerized, Bernina and BL sergers , BLcoverstitch (a stray Pfaff and Viking followed me home too)

Re Becca
starstarstar
Re Becca  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Member since 9/12/05
Send Message

Date: 9/7/13 1:54 PM

Very interesting. These patterns always make me wish that I live in a place that has a real winter, love their coats.
I have 3217 in stash, but my favorite is 3068 which is actually cut out and ready to be sewn. I put it aside because it doesn't fit into my September wardrobe so maybe next month.

------
http://beccabeckstuff.blogspot.com/

Damn the muslin, full speed ahead!

Clareew
star
Clareew  Friend of PR
Intermediate
UNITED KINGDOM
Member since 5/10/06
Send Message

thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 9/7/13 2:57 PM

I love this one
3182. It is even one of the recommended patterns for the Little French Jacket sewalong.

------
Clare

Machines: Juki F600, Juki 654 serger, Bernina 550 for art work, Janome Coverpro 1000cp barely used
A Singer Featherweight Centennial and an old Necci in the loft waiting for TLC

http://art-by-clare.blogspot.co.uk/

ElizabethK

ElizabethK
Intermediate
Member since 3/28/08
Send Message

Date: 9/7/13 3:00 PM

I really like 3217

I'm not sure about the 'darts-forming-pockets' part of the skirt but I've been looking for something similar to the top. I haven't tried a Marfy pattern yet and I think I'm ready to make the jump!

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Patterns and Notions >> New Marfy patterns are up on BMV website

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Beginners Guide to Dyeing Fabrics
Beginners Guide to Dyeing Fabrics

Register

Sewing Facings and Developing Facing Patterns
Sewing Facings and Developing Facing Patterns

Register

Contest Mini wardrobe Challenge

photo
by: House of P...

Review
Bluegingerdoll Mae Blouse Patterns

Bluegingerdoll Mae Blouse Patterns

Buy Now
Sew Chic Spin Skirt Pattern (ln1209)

Sew Chic Spin Skirt Pattern (ln1209)

Buy Now
Lorraine Torrence Designs 1920

photo
by: tinflutter...

Review

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.