SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Platinum Sponsor
PatternReview.com
PatternReview.com

Forum > Sewing Techniques and Tips > Craftsy Classes for less money ( Moderated by MissCelie)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Craftsy Classes for less money
A lesson on "how to pay less"
Pj3g
star
Pj3g  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Wisconsin USA
Member since 2/14/11
Send Message

thumbsup 5 members like this.

Date: 9/10/13 10:34 AM

In June I was reading the thread about Janet Pray's Sew Better Sew Faster Garment Industry Secrets from Craftsy. The class sells for $50.00 but was offered for sale for $40.00 at that time.

I signed into Craftsy and put the class in my cart and then a few days later I removed it from my cart as I thought it was too much money for me to spend. Lo and behold I was sent an email offering me the class for $14.99! It was a one time offer and was good only for that day. So I bought it! And that low price still included the pattern!

Then I realized Craftsy must track you so I put Sewing on the Edge--Seam Finishes in my cart and later removed it. That's a $50.00 class too. Same thing happened--I received an email offering the class to me for $14.99!

Craftsy runs sales too but the $50.00 classes are never $14.99. They usually go on sale for $29.99 or $39.99. So if you really want a class but it's a pricey one, try doing what I did. Hopefully it will work for you too!

-- Edited on 9/10/13 11:42 AM --

------
Thank you Lord for my Mother who taught me the joy of sewing, for my Father who encouraged my sewing, for the talent You gave me to sew, and for all the special people in my life to sew for.

cherylwashere
star
cherylwashere  Friend of PR
Intermediate
USA
Member since 4/10/04
Send Message

In reply to Pj3g <<
thumbsup 3 members like this.

Date: 9/10/13 10:43 AM

Thank you Pj3g for the heads up... I love Craftsy classes free and purchased ones...

------
Bernina 820, Bernina Artista 165, Pfaff Creative 7530, Janome 1600P

microbios

microbios  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Texas USA
Member since 2/15/09
Send Message

thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 9/10/13 11:25 AM

I've had similar experiences! After you click on links for a given class -- e.g. watch the instructor video, read reviews or peruse student projects, click on the class description from your Facebook news feed, click on Threads (or similar) emails describing specific classes -- you tend to get an offer within a few days.

Pj3g
star
Pj3g  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Wisconsin USA
Member since 2/14/11
Send Message

In reply to microbios <<

Date: 9/10/13 11:45 AM

Quote: microbios
I've had similar experiences! After you click on links for a given class -- e.g. watch the instructor video, read reviews or peruse student projects, click on the class description from your Facebook news feed, click on Threads (or similar) emails describing specific classes -- you tend to get an offer within a few days.

I do think I did that too. Checked out the video sampler and student projects. But still removed the class from my cart. So it's probably all those things that prompts the super low offer!

Facebook I am not on.

------
Thank you Lord for my Mother who taught me the joy of sewing, for my Father who encouraged my sewing, for the talent You gave me to sew, and for all the special people in my life to sew for.

MartiP
MartiP  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Member since 9/5/12
Send Message

Date: 9/10/13 12:48 PM

Thanks for the heads up!
There are a couple I have been wanting but thought too expensive.
Now that you mention this, I have had similar experiences on other websites; Walmart and Online Shoes, to name two.

------
MartiP

Ruckertt's Law; There is nothing so small that it can't be blown out of proportion.

Bernina 1230 Bernette 007D
Brother CS6000i Brother 2340 CV
New Home L372
Singer 221K (off white)
U.S Blindstitch, Model SL 718/2D
Simplicity SE2
Brother 700II

Judy Kski
star
Judy Kski  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Florida USA
Member since 10/26/08
online now
Send Message

In reply to Pj3g <<

Date: 9/10/13 12:52 PM

THanks for the advice. I've been holding off for a sale which has never come at $14.99 or $19.99. I've got three classes on my Wish List, but Craftsy still hasn't sent me an email with one of those magic prices. I'll try it your way and see what happens. As with most of the sales they've had, I get the scoop right here on PR. I'm so glad to be a member!

------
Judy

Marilly
Marilly
Advanced Beginner
Oregon USA
Member since 7/9/06
Send Message

In reply to Pj3g <<

Date: 9/10/13 1:16 PM

Cool! Gotta try that tip. I also want Janet's class and am looking forward to Laura Nash doing a sew-along type class for one of her dresses which includes the pattern. That one's due in Oct.
Shel

Restart06
star
Restart06  Friend of PR
Intermediate
USA
Member since 10/29/06
Send Message

In reply to Pj3g <<

Date: 9/10/13 11:56 PM

Thanks!

------
There is no easy way! quote from my Grandfather
Sharing is caring!

SandiMacD
star
SandiMacD  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Florida USA
Member since 2/8/09
Send Message

thumbsup 2 members like this.

Date: 9/11/13 6:14 AM

I noticed the same behavior. The more things I click in the Craftsy emails and explore what they are about, the more Craftsy emails I received targeting my online behavior.
So last May I just started deleting their emails. I still get them often enough during the week but at least not throughout every day! I have way to many purchased classes I need to get to first.

------
sewing brings joy and meaning to my life...

Miss Fairchild
starstarstarstar
Miss Fairchild
Advanced
USA
Member since 8/24/02
Send Message

In reply to Pj3g <<

Date: 9/11/13 8:50 AM

Thanks so much for the tip! I too am not a FB user, so I was wondering if it worked only for those "special types". To think of all the classes I bought at $29.99, thinking I was getting a good deal. Now I know better.

------
"Play the cards you are dealt, but choose who is sitting at the table"..AARP magazine

SEE MY ETSY SHOP HERE: http://www.etsy.com/shop/AuntMaymesAttic
My blog: http://auntmaymesattic.wordpress.com/

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Sewing Techniques and Tips >> Craftsy Classes for less money

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Online Class
Beginners Guide to Dyeing Fabrics
Beginners Guide to Dyeing Fabrics

Class Details

Online Class
Restyling with Exposed Zippers
Restyling with Exposed Zippers

Class Details

Made By Rae Washi Dress

photo
by: shannonsew...

Review
Favorite Things The Classic Shirt Pattern

Favorite Things The Classic Shirt Pattern

More Info
You Sew Girl 300mm Square Snap PATTERN ONLY Pattern

You Sew Girl 300mm Square Snap PATTERN ONLY Pattern

More Info

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.