SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Platinum Sponsor
Fashion Fabrics Club
Fashion Fabrics Club

Forum > Fabrics and more... > What will I do with you? ( Moderated by CynthiaSue)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
What will I do with you?
Why did I buy this fabric!?!
bakertoo
star
bakertoo
Intermediate
Washington USA
Member since 12/26/08
Send Message

thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 9/13/13 12:34 PM

Is there a fabric you have bought, and it is still hanging around, and you can't come up with a reason or project to use it for?

I once bought some fabric with an opossum motif, which I remember loving at the time, but have had the hardest time figuring out what to use it for. It is the only fabric in my stash like this, and I still think it is funny and hilarious, but I have no clue what to use it for! Eventually, I bet I will, but I still shake my head and laugh when I come across it in my stash.

a7yrstitch
star
a7yrstitch  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Texas USA
Member since 4/1/08
Send Message

In reply to bakertoo <<
thumbsup 5 members like this.

Date: 9/13/13 12:54 PM

Make some jammy bottoms and wear them on gloomy days. You could also wear them to the Christmas in July sale here for an extra 5 percent discount. My snowman jammies are feeling all alone in the sea of sedate pajamas and pastel robes.

------
I have no idea what Apple thought I was saying so be a Peach and credit anything bizarre to auto correct.

poorpigling

poorpigling
Advanced
Texas USA
Member since 12/28/07
Send Message

In reply to bakertoo <<

Date: 9/13/13 1:32 PM

Make a trash can cover.. who cares if it rots outsdie .. as you don't like it anyhow

bakertoo
star
bakertoo
Intermediate
Washington USA
Member since 12/26/08
Send Message

Date: 9/13/13 1:52 PM

I thought it might be a good addition to a quilt, in bigger pieces to show the possums.
It isn't that I hate the fabric, it is such a strange piece I bought, and just wondered if anyone else has had the same experience of buying something, then wondering what the heck was that all about!

Janie Viers
star
Janie Viers  Friend of PR
Advanced
Ohio USA
Member since 4/8/02
Send Message

Date: 9/13/13 1:56 PM

Yup. I have fabric fom 20 years ago that I still pet on occastion and dream of all the ways to use it if only 1) I had bought more than 1/2 yard andOR 2) I still had babies to sew for!

------
JanieV

bakertoo
star
bakertoo
Intermediate
Washington USA
Member since 12/26/08
Send Message

In reply to poorpigling <<
thumbsup 2 members like this.

Date: 9/13/13 2:11 PM

Ands it is possible a possum might take a liking to it, and use it a cozy nest!!!

Dramaticat
Dramaticat
Advanced
International UNITED KINGDOM
Member since 4/6/04
Send Message

thumbsup 2 members like this.

Date: 9/13/13 2:16 PM

I have a huge stash of fabric. Most of it I can still see making into nice clothes.

The problem is, I love it so much, I'm scared to commit to using it in case I decide later on it would be better in a different design - or if I just mess up cutting out/making the thing up!

MilongueraThreads
star
MilongueraThreads
Intermediate
Texas USA
Member since 9/17/07
Send Message

Date: 9/13/13 3:06 PM

I fell in love with some Hello Kitty fabric, which I ended up making pajamas with. I have some similarly-colored Japanese cotton dobby with rabbits on it that I'll make a somewhat-matching robe with.

Some fabrics are too cute to leave in a drawer somewhere.

beauturbo
beauturbo
Advanced
California USA
Member since 5/2/09
Send Message

Date: 9/13/13 3:23 PM

Yes. I actually do have one or several things in mind when I buy it though, (that sort of just happens to me when I even touch hold and drape a fabric while just even in the fabric store) but it's just more that if I don't get it sewn up reasonably quick, I might change my mind on what I want to do with it later. so it might turn into something else completely different than original plan, just at a much later date!

BriarRose
BriarRose
Intermediate
USA
Member since 10/30/10
Send Message

thumbsup 3 members like this.

Date: 9/13/13 4:01 PM

Don't get rid of the possum fabric. Its time will come.

In 1978 I bought a beautiful length of spring green velour. I never cut it but once in a while I'd take it out and hug and stroke it. In 2002 my then-13 year old son saw it while I was rearranging my fabric cabinet (okay- one of my fabric cabinets). He asked if he could have it for a blanket. I folded it in half, stitched up the edges, and he used it as an afghan for years. It has now been cut into rectangles and his girlfriend is sewing it into a quilt.

------
I've quit fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

It's just fabric; we can out-think it.

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Fabrics and more... >> What will I do with you?

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Fit the Tee to a T
Fit the Tee to a T

Register

Beginners Guide to Dyeing Fabrics
Beginners Guide to Dyeing Fabrics

Register

Petite Plus 303 Pattern

Petite Plus 303 Pattern

Buy Now
Favorite Things Happy Feet Pattern

Favorite Things Happy Feet Pattern

Buy Now
Butterick 5247

photo
by: Byrdie

Review

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.