SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Platinum Sponsor
PatternReview.com
PatternReview.com

Forum > Beginner's Forum > what pattern do you dream of sewing? ( Moderated by EleanorSews)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
what pattern do you dream of sewing?
rmusic1
starstar
rmusic1
Advanced Beginner
UNITED KINGDOM
Member since 7/3/10
Send Message

Date: 9/16/13 6:28 PM

At the moment I'm working on a pattern vogue 8543 which has sat in what I call my "dream box" (aka patterns waiting to be made) for a good 2 years.

At the time I fell in love with the pattern, but after reading the reviews which all seamed to confirm pattern alterations were needed for the skirt, I decided it was too advanced for me.

Fast forward, I am now actually making it. Fingers crossed my toile work will pay off in the final garment. There is another project (vogue 8333) which will now take its place as "to make later". It's going to be a lot of work. But I'll get there eventually.

So - what's waiting to be made in your dream box waiting for your confidence to improve? I think it's nice to give each other a bit of mutual encouragement and motivation. Plus I always like to see what else people have tucked away pattern wise.....

Elaray
starstarstar
Elaray
Intermediate
Pennsylvania USA
Member since 4/20/05
Send Message

Date: 9/16/13 6:36 PM

I would like to sew any one of Claire Shaeffer's vogue patterns. I'm a little intimidated by them, but I hear the instructions are excellent.

------
I sew, therefore I am.

Visit my blog at http://anothercreation.blogspot.com

DonnaH
star
DonnaH
Intermediate
Texas USA
Member since 10/1/03
online now
Send Message

Date: 9/16/13 6:37 PM

Oddly for me, it's the Colette Truffle dress. I've had the handbook fo at least a year and a half, and that was the first pattern I wanted to make. I started on a muslin, but then got distracted by other things.

Simple little dress, but I can't seem to find the right fabric for it. Maybe for Christmas....

(Similar to it is the Coffee Date Dress - a free pattern I downloaded quite a while ago, and never seem to get to.)

westmoon
star
westmoon  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
United Kingdom
Member since 9/7/11
Send Message

thumbsup 8 members like this.

Date: 9/16/13 7:49 PM

This jacket from Burda 06-2012:

It's Burda, so the instructions are worse than useless, it's rated 4 dots out of a possible 4 for difficulty (and Burda is usually spot on with their difficulty ratings) and I've only semi-successfully made one simple jacket pattern before. I am crazy for it though.

------
http://sewingnovice.blogspot.co.uk/
One woman. One sewing machine. One giant stack of fabric. What could possibly go wrong?

BriarRose
BriarRose
Intermediate
USA
Member since 10/30/10
Send Message

Date: 9/17/13 0:53 AM

I'll bet I've had this pattern for thirty years. I've always wanted to make and embroider it and just never have. Perhaps the time has come.

http://www.folkwear.com/107.html

------
I've quit fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

It's just fabric; we can out-think it.

Sarsez
star
Sarsez
Intermediate
AUSTRALIA
Member since 7/2/09
Send Message

In reply to westmoon <<
thumbsup 2 members like this.

Date: 9/17/13 1:23 AM

Ooo.. That's a gorgeous jacket. I can understand your passion for it.

My dream pattern is a well fitting bodice block (sloper). I've been working on it for nine years now and keep getting stumped and putting the project away. I've revived it again of late and currently I'm on the fifth draft. Fingers crossed that this will be it!!!

------
24th Nov 12 to 28th Nov 13
Fabric and patterns rules for me.
Remember to shop your stash girl!
Remember to keep sewing to your wardrobe plan!

RynV

RynV
Intermediate
AUSTRALIA
Member since 9/1/08
Send Message

Date: 9/17/13 2:34 AM

A really complicated Marfy pattern, preferably a coat. I've almost finished a simple Marfy jacket and the fit and cut are wonderful. There are no instructions, which is why being able to make a Marfy coat with challenging techniques is a long term dream. And some of Vogue's Chado Ralph Rucci patterns.

As for slopers that fit nicely, having tried three pattern making systems without success, I too can dream of one that will work for me.

smallmole
smallmole
Beginner
UNITED KINGDOM
Member since 5/10/13
Send Message

Date: 9/21/13 11:20 AM

For me it's the Vogue 8280. I don't know why, particularly. I'd hardly wear it as I don't have an office job, there's just something about it that strikes me as sexy and professional looking. I know they rate it as easy and lots of people on here have said that it's not too bad, I feel like if I could handle that I'd be ready to move on to coats and other tricky things.

I'm not sure how to put a picture in - hope this works!

CSM--Carla
star
CSM--Carla  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Florida USA
Member since 1/21/06
Send Message

In reply to smallmole <<

Date: 9/21/13 12:03 PM

Here's your Vogue 8280.

I'm enjoying this thread. There are some great dream projects here.

Seems like some of these patterns could be simplified for a first draft to reduce the intimidation factor.

Our motto around our home is 'If something is worth doing, it's worth doing poorly the first time.'

Sewncooknmom
Sewncooknmom
Advanced Beginner
Member since 6/2/12
Send Message

Date: 9/21/13 1:39 PM

Mine is also a Vogue pattern. It is 1169. One of these days I will reach my goal!
-- Edited on 9/21/13 1:41 PM --

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Beginner's Forum >> what pattern do you dream of sewing?

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Online Class
Sew a Designer Unlined Jacket
Sew a Designer Unlined Jacket

Class Details

Online Class
Altering Jackets
Altering Jackets

Class Details

Ottobre Design Magazine 06-2012-5

photo
by: kidmd

Review
McCall's 6607

photo
by: Sue Anfang

Review
Take-Along Bags

Take-Along Bags

More Info
Favorite Things The Classic Shirt Pattern

Favorite Things The Classic Shirt Pattern

More Info

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.