SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Quilters' Corner > Quilting with the Accuquilt Go! ( Moderated by Sharon1952)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Quilting with the Accuquilt Go!
fluentfox
fluentfox
Beginner
Member since 5/22/13
Send Message

Date: 9/23/13 8:37 AM

Okay so I am coming into some money fairly soon and I wanna splurge on a good gadget. Well the Accuquilt Go! showed up on my radar. I plan to make tons of quilts and I know for a fact it takes me close to 20 minutes to get 1 square properly cut. Is the Accuquilt and die sets worth the money or should I look in to something else. I've talked about it with my husband and he says go for it. I want a quilters point of view? Is it a total waste of money or a useful tool? Also I'm not sure if it really matters but I take fairly good care of all of my sewing/quilting supplies. Thanks your you opinion.

------
Don't quote me....I'm usually wrong

PattiAnnJ
star
PattiAnnJ
Advanced
USA
Member since 12/3/06
Send Message

In reply to fluentfox <<
thumbsup 2 members like this.

Date: 9/23/13 9:07 AM

You may want to check out the Brother Scan and Cut.

Here is one link.

I would like to see a live demo so I could ask questions.

-- Edited on 9/23/13 9:20 AM --

------
"Improvise, adapt and overcome." - Clint Eastwood/Heartbreak Ridge

TessKwiltz
star
TessKwiltz  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Texas USA
Member since 9/21/07
Send Message

In reply to fluentfox <<
thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 9/23/13 10:58 AM

I have a Go. I love it for shapes that are hard to rotary cut, like the applecore, but I don't use it for simple shapes.

------
Tess

"I am a degenerate art supply junkie" - Jane Davenport

AngieRose

AngieRose  Friend of PR
Advanced
California USA
Member since 6/1/09
Send Message

In reply to PattiAnnJ <<

Date: 9/23/13 11:53 AM

Hi PattiAnn,

Wow! It will be interesting to see how well this new Brother product cuts on fabric. Thanks for the link. It says the Website goes live today---but, I don't see it there yet. I'll keep checking.
I bet this will be shown at the Houston Quilt Festival in late Oct./Nov.

Thanks

------
Angie Rose
2008 Babylock Ellisimo
2013 Brother DreamWeaver VQ3000
Bernina 1090
Singer Featherweight
2009 Prodigy Quilter Long Arm
http://timberhillthreads.blogspot.com

weaver60
weaver60
Member since 9/12/08
Send Message

Date: 9/23/13 12:43 PM

I love my Go.Itcuts down on the time cutting. The dies are not cheap but they help me get my strips and blocks etc cut faster. I don't do a lot of appliqué but it is great for scrappy quilts. Deb

aslinnd

aslinnd
Advanced Beginner
AUSTRALIA
Member since 5/28/07
Send Message

Date: 9/23/13 5:04 PM

I love my go but if you are thinking about appliqué shapes and standard geometries I'd wait and see the brother it looks like a winner and maybe a lot more cost effective because although they are great the cost ads up

RynV

RynV
Intermediate
AUSTRALIA
Member since 9/1/08
Send Message

In reply to PattiAnnJ <<

Date: 9/23/13 5:11 PM

That looks amazing. I seem to do a lot of applique quilts (even though I tell myself I should learn other techniques) so that could come in very handy. I wonder what the cost is.

HDWen
star
HDWen  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
Arizona USA
Member since 12/26/11
Send Message

In reply to fluentfox <<

Date: 9/23/13 5:24 PM

Quote: fluentfox
Okay so I am coming into some money fairly soon and I wanna splurge on a good gadget. Well the Accuquilt Go! showed up on my radar. I plan to make tons of quilts and I know for a fact it takes me close to 20 minutes to get 1 square properly cut. Is the Accuquilt and die sets worth the money or should I look in to something else. I've talked about it with my husband and he says go for it. I want a quilters point of view? Is it a total waste of money or a useful tool? Also I'm not sure if it really matters but I take fairly good care of all of my sewing/quilting supplies. Thanks your you opinion.

Do you want applique shapes? Even the less expensive Go Baby will do those - But for large quilt cuts 6" and strips, the Go or even the heavy duty Studio would be a great investment

Portland Maine, who makes a gazillion quilts has the Accuquilt Go and says he can now cut a whole quilt in 40 minutes!

hmm The page for the brother comes up, but with it being "combo" with a scanner I doubt that is going to come in cheaper than a Go?

Good luck and congrats

Debbie

------
I have a great enthusium for sewing, but lack talent to be great.

fluentfox
fluentfox
Beginner
Member since 5/22/13
Send Message

In reply to HDWen <<

Date: 9/23/13 6:51 PM

Quote: HDWen
[quote] Okay so I am coming into some money fairly soon and I wanna splurge on a good gadget. Well the Accuquilt Go! showed up on my radar. I plan to make tons of quilts and I know for a fact it takes me close to 20 minutes to get 1 square properly cut. Is the Accuquilt and die sets worth the money or should I look in to something else. I've talked about it with my husband and he says go for it. I want a quilters point of view? Is it a total waste of money or a useful tool? Also I'm not sure if it really matters but I take fairly good care of all of my sewing/quilting supplies. Thanks your you opinion.

Do you want applique shapes? Even the less expensive Go Baby will do those - But for large quilt cuts 6" and strips, the Go or even the heavy duty Studio would be a great investment

Portland Maine, who makes a gazillion quilts has the Accuquilt Go and says he can now cut a whole quilt in 40 minutes!

hmm The page for the brother comes up, but with it being "combo" with a scanner I doubt that is going to come in cheaper than a Go?

Good luck and congrats

Debbie[/quote]
I want to try appliqué and they looked like that had nice shapes. I also found out that they can make custom ones which is good because I have a few ideas.

------
Don't quote me....I'm usually wrong

Cat n Bull
star
Cat n Bull  Friend of PR
North Carolina USA
Member since 2/17/06
Send Message

Date: 9/23/13 7:20 PM

That Brother cutter looks so awesome!

I wonder how much it will be? Has anyone seen a price yet?

------
Cathryn

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Quilters' Corner >> Quilting with the Accuquilt Go!

Merchants on PR

Fitz Like a Glove Ironing Board Cover

Made In Australia
Deals!

Patterns from the Past

vintage sewing patterns
Deals!

Reconstructing History

Reconstructing History
Web site

Nature's Fabrics

Natural & Organic Fabrics
Deals!

Elliott Berman Textiles

Fabrics for Greater Ideas
Deals!

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Sewing Basics
Sewing Basics

Register

Sewing with Slippery & Drapey Fabrics
Sewing with Slippery & Drapey Fabrics

Register

Burda 7494

photo
by: Achallengi...

Review
SewBaby Wearable baby blanket Pattern

SewBaby Wearable baby blanket Pattern

Buy Now
Christine Jonson Cuff Pant

Christine Jonson Cuff Pant

Buy Now
Make it Perfect The Honey Blouse

photo
by: Marnie D

Review

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.