SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Platinum Sponsor
Fashion Fabrics Club
Fashion Fabrics Club

Forum > Machine Embroidery > Bernina 200E and lost dongle ( Moderated by Pyrose)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Bernina 200E and lost dongle
Complaint & how to get machine to read .EXP
wiffy
wiffy
Advanced Beginner
British Columbia CANADA
Member since 9/20/13
Send Message

Date: 9/28/13 6:35 PM

Because of Bernina's poor customer service, I need to vent and hope for a little advice from my community. I want to just remind everyone to really consider after sale support when considering which machine to buy. Ask your dealers who sell more than one brand who they like.

I just wish I knew sooner that Bernina didn't care about me as my mum bought our first one in 1967 and just bought the 820 - along with others - only Bernina. It is amazing when one gets cancer how easy it becomes to speak the truth but since I can't work, it was my hobby and I can no longer do it - because of a lousy policy.

Even a couple of their dealers have told me how badly they are treated too. They know what other brands offer their customers and Bernina doesn't seem to 'get it' or even want to get it - even at their level.

Bernina had the nerve to refuse to continue my dongle replacement request 'incident' because I had used a different email address to carry on the discussion - even though the incident number was clearly visible in the subject!!

I feel they think I am a dumb woman who should just go away and how dare I expect anything from them because they quite proudly - it seems - no longer support their 'old' products. They even remove them from their site.

My request could literally cost them nothing and keep me as a customer but it is clear they don't care about me - so I will gladly look for a new company who does.

Anywho - I just wish to know how to get my Bernina 200E to read .EXP files as I refuse to spend another dime with them - $20,000.00- all purchased from licensed dealers is enough!!

Does anyone know how to upload/see .EXP?!! Thanks for letting me vent!

Terri A
starstarstar
Terri A  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Member since 1/16/08
Send Message

Date: 9/28/13 7:37 PM

Does this help?
How to use EXP format.

Terri

Doris W. in TN
star
Doris W. in TN  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Tennessee USA
Member since 2/9/04
Send Message

In reply to wiffy <<
thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 9/28/13 8:25 PM

I have never read or heard of Bernina replacing a dongle for free. When it is lost or destroyed, all new software has had to be purchased.

wiffy
wiffy
Advanced Beginner
British Columbia CANADA
Member since 9/20/13
Send Message

In reply to Doris W. in TN <<

Date: 9/28/13 8:46 PM

As I said - it is a lousy policy. I have purchased AutoCAD drafting software for my business - before I became sick - and even they allowed me to download 2005 version after we were hit with a virus, were right in the middle of a project deadline and our disc was stored off site.

I was registered with AutoCAD - who incidentally charge much more for their licenses and have very strict policies. Just because this is what Bernina does - does not make it good policy.

I notice many other companies have adopted a dongle replacement option and low priced uploads. As one of the gals who reviewed my machine said - we need to stick together. Bad policy is bad policy. Software does not wear out. When it is proprietary like this is it can also deem the equipment useless too. Money may not be an issue - it is the principle.

wiffy
wiffy
Advanced Beginner
British Columbia CANADA
Member since 9/20/13
Send Message

In reply to Terri A <<

Date: 9/28/13 8:48 PM

Thank you very much for your kind help - I will give it a try!! Greatly appreciated.

TGWGWS
TGWGWS  Friend of PR
Advanced
Texas USA
Member since 8/15/08
Send Message

Date: 9/29/13 3:08 PM

I commiserate with your frustration with Bernina.

I had a similar problem with Viking. My software did not work with a updated version of Windows. All I needed was the file management portion of the software. They would not break that portion out of a newer updated package or create a patch for the now obsolete software. Their solution was buy the new software for $1500.

Can you imagine losing the key to your car and the dealer telling you that they could not sell you a new key, that you had to buy a new car, and that they would not trade in your old car? Similar situation...

------
Tina
------
I do not weep at the world I am too busy sharpening my oyster knife.
zora neal hurston

Viking Rose
Elna 945
Brother PE-770

bkaitlin
bkaitlin  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Alabama USA
Member since 8/14/06
Send Message

thumbsup 3 members like this.

Date: 9/29/13 5:19 PM

Vent your frustration on the Facebook site. I had a problem and couldn't get any resolution. I posted the complaint on facebook and asked for responses from people with like problems. It took about 2 hours and I got a call from Bernina USA. My problem was resolved and I only had to agree never to post anything negative again-- I won't --- until I have another problem with no proper response.

------
bkaitlin

a7yrstitch
star
a7yrstitch  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Texas USA
Member since 4/1/08
Send Message

In reply to wiffy <<

Date: 9/29/13 9:35 PM

-- Edited on 10/7/13 2:32 AM --

------
I have no idea what Apple thought I was saying so be a Peach and credit anything bizarre to auto correct.

Brotherlover
star
Brotherlover
Intermediate
California USA
Member since 10/7/07
Send Message

In reply to wiffy <<

Date: 9/30/13 1:14 AM

My dealer sells brother, babylock pfaff and bernina. I guess that why he always says brothers and babylocks are the way to go even though the bernina can get him a higher sale as it is pricier, what does that tell you about them. just my 2 cents

------
Brother XL-3500i
SQ-9050
Dreamweaver VM6200D

PattiAnnJ
star
PattiAnnJ
Advanced
Ohio USA
Member since 12/3/06
Send Message

In reply to wiffy <<
thumbsup 2 members like this.

Date: 9/30/13 9:31 AM

I liked the post about using Facebook to vent and suggest a boycott of all Bernina products until they vastly improve their attitude.

Why people still buy these high priced machines is beyond me. There are other companies with superior machines and are not proprietary when it comes to accessories and software.

Bernina is resting on its past laurels.

------
I dont give them Hell, I just tell the truth about them and they think its Hell. Harry Truman

"Improvise, adapt and overcome." - Clint Eastwood/Heartbreak Ridge

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Machine Embroidery >> Bernina 200E and lost dongle

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Restyling with Exposed Zippers
Restyling with Exposed Zippers

Register

Serging Ahead with your 5 Thread Serger
Serging Ahead with your 5 Thread Serger

Register

StyleArc Mia Dress

photo
by: KatC83

Review
NECKLINES AND DRAPING - A CD Book by Kenneth King

NECKLINES AND DRAPING - A CD Book by Kenneth King

Buy Now
You Sew Girl Carry All Pattern

You Sew Girl Carry All Pattern

Buy Now
Japanese Pattern Books Drape Drape Dress no 3

photo
by: TracyTheMa...

Review

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.