SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Platinum Sponsor
PatternReview.com
PatternReview.com

Forum > Sewing Machines > Janome DC-2013 ( Moderated by Sharon1952, EleanorSews)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Janome DC-2013
No reviews but what do you think?
halleyscomet
starstarstar
halleyscomet  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Pennsylvania USA
Member since 3/27/07
Send Message

Date: 10/3/13 9:53 AM

Amazon gave the DC2013 good reviews but no reviews on PR.

dmh1
dmh1  Friend of PR
Intermediate
North Carolina USA
Member since 1/13/13
Send Message

In reply to halleyscomet <<

Date: 10/3/13 10:23 AM

I actually reviewed this machine on Amazon, but neglected to place a review here

I've had my machine since January and have been using it on most weekends and some weeknights ever since. Haven't had a single problem with it and find that it meets all my needs for garment and household sewing. Stitches are good, tension has never been a problem. I've gotten quite a few extra feet for it (mostly Janome, though I've gotten a couple generic brand feet from Amazon) and those have worked very well. I sew both wovens and knits on it. The stitch variety is suitable for my needs. Seems to handle heavier fabrics very well (though I am always careful to use the correct needle), including denim. Oh, and this machine seems so quiet in comparison to the old Singer that I used to sew on.

------
Michelle

SM: Janome DC2013 & Singer Futura Quintet
Serger: Janome Magnolia 7034D
Coverstitch: Singer 14T968DC

Mufffet
starstarstarstar
Mufffet  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Vermont USA
Member since 8/14/05
Send Message

Date: 10/3/13 10:31 AM

Same machine as the 2008, 2009, etc., and all the same as the Kenmore 19110 which is discontinued. A great machine. At home there is the Kenmore which I bought rebranded as a Janome 115110 and my DD has used it straight now for the last five or six years without an issue. It is so user friendly and easy to use. It lacks the start/stop button, but it is a solid machine - it isn't one of the light ones. Very nice machine all around - there are lots of reviews of these previous incarnations.

------
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
--Dalai Lama

I have sewing machines

halleyscomet
starstarstar
Intermediate
Pennsylvania USA
Member since 3/27/07
Send Message

In reply to dmh1 <<

Date: 10/3/13 11:42 AM

That's great to hear. How does the buttonholes look? I can't remember is it the 4-step? I would like to get another machine for around $300 that makes good buttonholes while my Pfaff 1472 is in the shop. I've been researching like crazy.

Mufffet
starstarstarstar
Mufffet  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Vermont USA
Member since 8/14/05
Send Message

Date: 10/3/13 11:45 AM

These machines are computerized and have a one step buttonhole. It makes adequate to good buttonholes - like most of the one steps - I guess good. You need to have stabilizer or really really flat good surface. I made lots of buttonholes on it though and I like the Janome buttonholes - you can go over them twice too - quite easily. Nice stitch package too.

------
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
--Dalai Lama

I have sewing machines

dmh1
dmh1  Friend of PR
Intermediate
North Carolina USA
Member since 1/13/13
Send Message

thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 10/3/13 11:48 AM

Yes, the buttonholes are pretty good. I've made lots of blouses with this for my mom, and all the buttonholes have been good. I haven't really felt the need to go over them twice and my mom wears her blouses for work all the time and none of the buttonholes are showing wear yet.

------
Michelle

bestgrammy
star
bestgrammy
Oregon USA
Member since 8/29/06
Send Message

Date: 10/3/13 12:21 PM

Is there possibly a Janome dealer in a reasonable distance from you so you could test sew on one or more of the sewing machines there and actually make a one step buttonhole on the demo machines?

Even if not the same model you are considering...there may be a model there close enough to give you a good feel of what kind of buttonholes a computerized Janome makes.

It's not necessary to actually buy a sewing machine at whatever dealer you test sew at...you should be treated well no matter if buying or not...and if you are not treated well that's good to learn now anyway so not to go to that dealer again...and possibly making a review on that dealer on PR vendor reviews.

If you have a Janome dealer to demo at...be sure to take your own fabric and thread to get the best test on what the buttonholes would look like on what you would be sewing with.

karen149
star
karen149  Friend of PR
Intermediate
California USA
Member since 3/4/05
Send Message

thumbsup 2 members like this.

Date: 10/3/13 12:29 PM

I have the DC2010. A great, all around machine. The buttonholes are actually pretty nice! I bought the Janome Buttonhole Stabilizer Plate for use on heavy or stretchy fabrics. It can be used on any Janome machine that has a buttonhole "R" foot.

dmh1
dmh1  Friend of PR
Intermediate
North Carolina USA
Member since 1/13/13
Send Message

In reply to karen149 <<

Date: 10/3/13 1:09 PM

Love the idea of that plate, Karen. I may have to order that just to fill up the last slot in my sewing machine feet box

------
Michelle

halleyscomet
starstarstar
Intermediate
Pennsylvania USA
Member since 3/27/07
Send Message

In reply to karen149 <<

Date: 10/3/13 1:38 PM

One dealer did not have the DC2013 in the store but has the 2010. Wouldn't that be a used machine if it is 3 years old?

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Sewing Machines >> Janome DC-2013

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Understanding Wool Fabrics
Understanding Wool Fabrics

Register

Beginners Guide to Dyeing Fabrics
Beginners Guide to Dyeing Fabrics

Register

BurdaStyle Magazine 11-2011-114

photo
by: sewingsvet...

Review
8 1/2 inch Dressmaking Shears

8 1/2 inch Dressmaking Shears

Buy Now
Sewing Workshop Chopin Blouse Pattern

Sewing Workshop Chopin Blouse Pattern

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.