SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Patterns and Notions > Question about Sew Steady Tables ( Moderated by Sharon1952)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Question about Sew Steady Tables
table AND accessory pack AND Universal table grid
kkkkaty
starstarstar
kkkkaty  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Utah USA
Member since 12/7/05
Send Message

Date: 10/8/13 11:40 AM

Silhouette patterns is having a "holiday" special on this combination of items, a bit more than $150 incl shipping. Sounds like a good deal, maybe, and I do think I'd benefit from a larger flat surface to sew on. Not sure about the rest of it, though. Do I need a "Universal Sew Straight Guide,"? a table grid? Does anyone own these items and find them to be quite useful? thx for any input....

------
Viking Lily 545
Viking Ruby
Bernina Activa 210
Brother 1034d

Sharon48
star
Sharon48  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Member since 5/17/12
Send Message

Date: 10/9/13 1:47 AM

I have extension tables on two of my machines and love them. I have the Sew Steady table with the extras including a drawer for my Viking 670. The price was such that I couldn't pass it up (with the extras). I find I use the table grid and guide more than I originally thought I would. The drawer on this table I could do without, which you would think would be the opposite.
It is hard for me to open due to authritis in my hand, but otherwise I do believe you can always use more storage for bobbins, etc.
The table is very well made and fits perfectly. All in all, very good purchase. Hope this helps!

------
Sewing is a passion, so relaxing and calming!

Babylock Ellisimo Gold
Babylock Evolution
Babylock Melody
Viking 190
BLCS-2 (I know, I know - but had
to have it!!)
Babylock Embellisher
Singer 401A

Miss Fairchild
starstarstarstar
Miss Fairchild
Advanced
USA
Member since 8/24/02
Send Message

In reply to kkkkaty <<

Date: 10/9/13 6:57 AM

I have several friends who have just the table and they love it. I have a similar table, but it came with my Janome. As to the legs on the tables, I'm wondering if these are the ones that snap off easily so you can pack the table into the bag. The ones for my Janome table I have to unscrew and it's a PITA. I don't use my table much because I have a modified desk for my machines.

------
"Play the cards you are dealt, but choose who is sitting at the table"..AARP magazine

SEE MY ETSY SHOP HERE: http://www.etsy.com/shop/AuntMaymesAttic
My blog: http://auntmaymesattic.wordpress.com/

sew4grands
star
sew4grands  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Member since 2/23/09
Send Message

Date: 10/9/13 11:50 AM

I have a large green table mat with a grid on it, if that is what you mean. I love mine and would not do without it now.
I cut out patterns with a rotary cutter, so this mat is a must. Mine is 3 panels long about 40 " by 80" I am guessing here. I have an older teak table that hubby modified for me, he put longer legs on it to get it higher so as not to hurt my back. I use the space under it for storage in big plastic bins.

------
Nancy B.
I sew with 4 Brothers and a Featherweight
Babylock Serger

michelegirard
michelegirard  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Florida USA
Member since 8/25/13
Send Message

In reply to kkkkaty <<

Date: 10/9/13 12:23 PM

Thanks for the heads up on this special! I've been looking for something like that and I could not pass on such a good deal. :)

------
Michèle
Bernina 1630
Brother PE 700II
White Superlock 523

DolphinDancer30

DolphinDancer30  Friend of PR
Advanced
Member since 9/9/03
Send Message

Date: 10/9/13 12:48 PM

I have 2 of these tables, one for an 1980's Babylock sewing machine and another for my Brother NX600. The older table has 4 screw-on legs. The NX600 table has 4 screw-on legs and one suction cup leg. It's the large table you see on the sew steady home page. At the time I purchased my tables, there were only two sizes (the two smaller ones) and no accessories.

I love my sew steady tables!!! Some considerations: I never transport my machines or tables, so stowing them in the tote bag isn't important to me. You'll need to remove the table to use the machine in free arm mode.

Since you can see under the table, you can leave all kinds of things underneath--sissors, thread, pattern instructions, extra bobbins, pencils, notepad, cell phone, etc. If I had cats or toddlers the spinner drawer would be nice to keep those items safely stored.

The seam guide looks wonderful, especially for quilting. Definitely more hi-tech than the stack of post-it notes used as a seam guide!

As for the ruler decal, I wonder if it leaves a residue or the corners would peel up and catch lint?

kkkkaty
starstarstar
kkkkaty  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Utah USA
Member since 12/7/05
Send Message

Date: 10/9/13 1:07 PM

hey, thanks everyone, I guess I'd better warm up my checkbook for this purchase.... Kate

ps: dolphindancer, thx for note about cats, that makes it a done deal for me, since one of mine is obsessed with pins....
-- Edited on 10/9/13 1:08 PM --

------
Viking Lily 545
Viking Ruby
Bernina Activa 210
Brother 1034d

heathergwo
heathergwo
Advanced Beginner
California USA
Member since 11/14/11
Send Message

thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 10/9/13 1:13 PM

I too have a Sew Steady table and LOVE IT!!! I only got one for my main SM, but it's invaluable. I got a pretty large one and leave it up all the time unless I need to use the free arm (which is not that often).

I DID NOT get the accessory pack - no need for it. I don't quilt, so don't need the ruler thing, don't need the drawer storage and don't need the bag since it's out all the time.

But I highly recommend their products!

------
Brother Innovis 1250D
Babylock Enlighten
Singer Curvy 8763
Brother 1034D
Janome 385.19606
Brother 2340CV

minggiddylooloo
star
minggiddylooloo  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Virginia USA
Member since 5/17/05
Send Message

thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 10/9/13 7:00 PM

I ordered a Sew Steady serger table via AllBrands the other week, it was cheaper than through Silhouette Patterns.

------
I'm finally a blogger!
sewming.blogspot.com

ediebell
ediebell
Member since 9/30/13
Send Message

Date: 10/10/13 9:46 AM

After a bad customer service experience with AllBrands I avoid them despite some good prices. The combination price is much better than dealers near me so I took advantage. Love the drawer too. I didn't think I'd "need" the accessories but I don't have the machine set up all the time or all the time with table so do use the storage case. I don't have that grid, I wonder if that can be had separately?

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Patterns and Notions >> Question about Sew Steady Tables

Merchants on PR

Fitz Like a Glove Ironing Board Cover

Made In Australia
Deals!

Patterns from the Past

vintage sewing patterns
Deals!

Reconstructing History

Reconstructing History
Web site

Nature's Fabrics

Natural & Organic Fabrics
Deals!

Elliott Berman Textiles

Fabrics for Greater Ideas
Deals!

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Online Class
Altering Jackets
Altering Jackets

Class Details

Online Class
Sew a Designer Unlined Jacket
Sew a Designer Unlined Jacket

Class Details

Butterick 5469

photo
by: mangoflavo...

Review
Favorite Things Sweet Es-Cape Pattern

Favorite Things Sweet Es-Cape Pattern

More Info
Beginner Sewing Lab 101 - A downloadable Book by Shannon Gifford

Beginner Sewing Lab 101  - A downloadable Book by Shannon Gifford

More Info
StyleArc Kate Top

photo
by: Dilliander

Review

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.