SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Platinum Sponsor
Fashion Fabrics Club
Fashion Fabrics Club

Forum > Sewing Machines > Juki Dealers in Canada? ( Moderated by Sharon1952, EleanorSews)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Juki Dealers in Canada?
Looking for a TL-2010Q in Ontario
saphirel
saphirel
Advanced Beginner
Ontario CANADA
Member since 10/26/12
Send Message

Date: 10/9/13 11:57 AM

To all Canadian members out there - where the heck do we get Juki machines? According to the dealer locator online there are only 2 Juki dealers in the country. That can't be right, can it? I have decided I want the TL-2010Q, and don't mind buying it sight unseen, but I have to track it down first. I'm assuming there are Canadians who own Juki machines out there, so I'm asking you for help! Where do I go?

------
Pfaff Creative Performance ♥ Viking Tribute 140C, Singer Featherweight, Singer 128, & Janome MyLock 134D.

ConnieBJ
starstar
ConnieBJ  Friend of PR
Advanced
Ontario Canada
Member since 12/31/03
Contest Committee
Send Message

thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 10/9/13 1:21 PM

I just test drove that machine at the American Sewing Expo in Novi a few weeks ago. The dealer spent a lot of time with me even though I said right out front that I knew that a Juki would be my next machine but not for a year or two. The price in US dollars was $999. I mentioned to him the difficulty of finding a relatively local dealer, and he said they would rather have a few great dealers than a lot of not so reputable ones. (no offense to all the great SM salespeople out there, but there is truth to the statement.)
All of that is no help to you finding a local dealer- but hopefully it cements your decision to buy a Juki! There is a Canadian dealer in Winnipeg and he does ship. Sewing and Embroidery Warehouse
I really wish I had gotten the name of the guy in Michigan who was so helpful, attentive AND he didn't run down the machines I already own!! I took some brochures and I guess that I thought they would have his info on them, because I would buy from him in a second. Depending on where you are in Ontario, it might be as easy to go over to the US and buy it there. I am near London- a quick trip to the border.

Oh and not to be an enabler or anything but he showed me the new serger that is coming out this fall. It is a MO-1000 and has air threading!

-- Edited on 10/9/13 1:29 PM --

------
Connie Bontje

http://www.couturesmith.com
Twitter: Couturesmith
Facebook: Connie Bontje
Desperately trying to keep ahead of my pattern, fabric and dressform collection!

cruzer2013
cruzer2013
Intermediate
Member since 8/11/13
Send Message

In reply to saphirel <<

Date: 10/9/13 1:22 PM

Are you able to PM me?

ConnieBJ
starstar
ConnieBJ  Friend of PR
Advanced
Ontario Canada
Member since 12/31/03
Contest Committee
Send Message

Date: 10/9/13 1:44 PM

I just had a thought and called my local sewing machine repair guy. He can get them in- priced the TL 2010Q at $1400.

Coolens Sewing Machine repair
-- Edited on 10/9/13 1:44 PM --

------
Connie Bontje

Desperately trying to keep ahead of my pattern, fabric and dressform collection!

SheBear0320
starstar
SheBear0320  Friend of PR
Advanced
Manitoba Canada
Member since 4/8/08
Send Message

In reply to ConnieBJ <<

Date: 10/9/13 2:34 PM

I am so lucky to have this dealer right here -- they carry Juki and Brother. The staff are fabulous (knowledgeable and friendly) and I also use them as my repair depot for all of my machines (Janome, Juki and Brother). I won't deal with our local Janome Authorized Dealer -- enough said.

When I took in my Memory Craft for service, I test drove the Juki 600 and am seriously considering picking one up before the end of the year. I picked up the Juki 654DE a few years ago and it has been an amazing machine -- it's my primary serger. My Janome 644D finally gave up the ghost and it doesn't look like it is repairable, so I picked up a Brother 3034D in July on sale as my back-up serger. They offered to take a look at the 644D with no charge if it couldn't be fixed -- I'll probably take it in when I'm heading up there next time.

------
Sheila
"sewing very slowly to fill an empty closet"

2014 Stash Busting Sew-Along:
56.0 yards sewn (as of 08/13/14)
113.125 yards purchased (as of 08/13/14)

TeeGee

TeeGee
Intermediate
International CANADA
Member since 11/13/04
Send Message

In reply to saphirel <<

Date: 10/10/13 1:03 AM

C.W.(Corky) Van de Polder
Civit Sewing Machines
145 Watson St.
Lucan, Ontario

and

Corky Van de Polder
Civit Sewing Machine, Inc.
4591 Metropolitain Boul. East
St Leonard, Quebec

are the official Juki dealers in Canada listed at the Juki site.
Although,as stated above,some other dealers are willing to special order Jukis.In Vancouver is a well known,longtime sewing machine dealer on Fraser St. They repair different brand domestic sewing machines,as well as Juki industrial sewing machines and sell parts for other brands too.(Last month I bought a black replacement motor belt for 7 dollars,(another dealer wanted 20 dollars for the same part #).Maybe they can special order domestic Juki sewing machine models too.

TailorsDen
TailorsDen  Friend of PR
Advanced
Ontario CANADA
Member since 12/25/04
Send Message

Date: 10/10/13 7:39 AM

Connie, did he give you any idea of the price on that new jet air serger coming out? Juki makes a great product. I still have two mid 1980s basic sergers made by Juki (for bernina) and even though I had TOL sergers over the years, in the end I sold them and went back to these ones. They are simple and they work.

I wasn't familiar with the sewing machine model that you were discussing so looked it up online and, low and behold, it's basically an industrial machine without the stand. Great features, will provide great stitches, and great price as well.

Saphirel if you are anywhere near the GTA, there are dealers on Queen West who carry the Juki industrials and they should be able to get this model for you.

Gayle
southeastern ontario

ALFALFA
ALFALFA
Advanced Beginner
Ontario CANADA
Member since 8/31/05
Send Message

In reply to ConnieBJ <<

Date: 10/10/13 2:30 PM

connie. you beat me to the reply. i was going to say that i saw a juki in his store last week. Great guy, very knowledgable . i would not take my machines for servicing anywhere else. exceptional service.

------
alfalfa

ConnieBJ
starstar
ConnieBJ  Friend of PR
Advanced
Ontario Canada
Member since 12/31/03
Contest Committee
Send Message

Date: 10/10/13 4:30 PM

I emailed the Juki Rep and he quoted me as follows.

Prices are FOB Toronto
TL2010Q retail 1199.00 fob Toronto
DDL 9000 direct drive machine complete with auto thread trimmer auto foot lift and reverse complete on table stand
1950.00 with CO 18A or 2050 with CP 180A
No price on the new serger from him.

The rep at the Expo said it would start at $1300 for the new serger but he didn't think that price would stay there for long.

------
Connie Bontje

ConnieBJ
starstar
ConnieBJ  Friend of PR
Advanced
Ontario Canada
Member since 12/31/03
Contest Committee
Send Message

In reply to ALFALFA <<

Date: 10/10/13 4:31 PM

Don't tell me he has a Juki in the store! I need to bring in one of my daughter's machines. If I see it who knows what will happen!!

------
Connie Bontje

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Sewing Machines >> Juki Dealers in Canada?

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Fit the Tee to a T
Fit the Tee to a T

Register

Sewing Basics
Sewing Basics

Register

Stretch & Sew 425

photo
by: KAHooke

Review
Fehr Trade 000

photo
by: Skaapie

Review
Islander Sewing Systems Baja Shirt Pattern

Islander Sewing Systems Baja Shirt Pattern

Buy Now
You Sew Girl Draped T-Dress Pattern

You Sew Girl Draped T-Dress Pattern

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.