SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Miscellaneous > Yahoo.... ( Moderated by Deepika, EleanorSews, CynthiaSue)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Yahoo....
GRRRR!
ediebell
ediebell
Member since 9/30/13
Send Message

thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 10/10/13 10:55 AM

If I'm the only one with these issues I'll accept that I'm technologically challenged. But .....

Since I started a new yahoo account a few months back with new email, if I'm logged off a couple hours, clear my cache, shut computer, or otherwise signed out (with or without my knowledge/doing so) - when I try to login I get a message that my account's been recycled and I should open a new one. Instead I go to password help. I KNOW I haven't forgotten my password because many times when I've tried to "create" a new one it says I can't use one I've already used (so I know they KNOW that was my password yet I can't sign in with it because my account is supposedly "recycled").

I can't open yahoo mail half the time. I get a msg. about it being better to open with firefox or another browser (vs. IE) and would I like to upgrade now. Even trying to open using firefox (which I already have as an alternate browser) I click and click on the mailbox and nothing opens. I have two computers. No difference on either.

Ok that's the account/mail issue.

Now to the "new" yahoo which (IMO) is NOT better. What a pain (again, my opinion). When I go to groups (after creating my 14th password to get in), I have FINALLY figured out how to search messages in one of my groups (only because I googled, not because it was at all user friendly as it used to be). But when I want to post a new message I click "New Topic" button. Nothing. Again on either computer, browser doesn't matter. Instead I have to send an email to the group or moderators or such to be approved/posted (I don't mind the approval, I just can't do one click posting).
WHAT is going on? Is it just me? And if so what am I doing wrong.... in virtually everything I try to do in yahoo?

I used to like yahoo email format/functions a lot better than the server I'm using now and wanted an email that was portable (vs. being linked to my ISP/cable co.) but there's no way it's at all dependable enough for that.

Thanks for letting me vent.

poorpigling

poorpigling
Advanced
Texas USA
Member since 12/28/07
Send Message

In reply to ediebell <<
thumbsup 2 members like this.

Date: 10/10/13 12:21 PM

Yesterday I woke up to see the '' new yahoo.''

I also got burglarized yesterday..

Believe me when I say the changes in my yahoo email was the most horrible thing to happen yesterday.. I hate that new program. Too many problems to even begin to rant about it..

I hope they get an earful enough to change it back ..

GlButterfly

GlButterfly
Intermediate
California USA
Member since 8/28/08
Send Message

thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 10/10/13 2:02 PM

I can almost guaranty you that they won't change it back---they never do. I'm guessing that a lot of the problems people are having is due to the changes of Groups and e-mail and many kinks to be worked out. Many will disagree, but I don't see how this is better than what we had.

I've been reading a lot of comments about the changes and I'd say over 80% do not like it! Sigh.

------
That's Gl = for Gloria, not G. I.

ShantiSeamstressing
star
ShantiSeamstressing
Advanced Beginner
Member since 6/11/10
Send Message

Date: 10/10/13 2:06 PM

? Mine opened fine...

Shall see how things continue the rest of the week...

Edit: I do use Firefox as my browser; maybe that makes the difference?
-- Edited on 10/10/13 2:07 PM --

Coconuts
star
Coconuts  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Michigan USA
Member since 12/2/09
Send Message

Date: 10/10/13 2:29 PM

If I wanted to use Gmail, I would just use my Gmail account rather than my Yahoo account. I don't like the threaded messages (specifically the way they collapse multiple messages- if I forgot to ask something, for example).

JTink
star
JTink
Intermediate
Member since 4/20/08
Send Message

Date: 10/10/13 3:10 PM

It was definitely a surprise to open my mailbox and find everything had been squished off to one small column. I did notice, as the day went on, they allowed the squished column to spread out and that's made it easier. I went on the comments/feedback portion of the yahoo mail and they had actually closed the topic. I guess they were swamped with comments. The majority of the ones I read, were very negative towards the "new" Yahoo mail page.

ediebell
ediebell
Member since 9/30/13
Send Message

Date: 10/10/13 3:57 PM

Well it hasn't solved anything but I'm relieved to know the frustration and dislike of this "new and ???improved???" yahoo is not just me.

I cannot even see the contents of my mailbox half the time, that was an issue before the change.

No one else is getting the account has been recycled message? I did ask one group owner about it and she said I could just start a new account with same email address (huh?). I tried that but was told that em was already in use.

Really, it can't be this hard can it? I mean who in the world ever thought up revamping this. Even once I get into a group searching the messages is a hidden secret and trying to put up a new post is really virtually impossible. Well maybe not but I wonder if others who are getting some posts up are having same challelnges?
-- Edited on 10/10/13 3:58 PM --

beauturbo
beauturbo
Advanced
California USA
Member since 5/2/09
Send Message

Date: 10/10/13 4:21 PM

Don't use yahoo mail at all,do use yahoo groups some. If you are talking about the newer "neo" thing. I think I would describe it as a company that decided to run a new system without doing good enough and long enough of a internal parallel test run on it, (to perfect it or get it working good and stable first and working with lots of systems) with just their own employees (like most places would always do instead) before letting it go live and instead started moving some of their users of it, over onto it, to use a free "guinea pig", "victims" or what ever you want to call it test base first.

So far they have attempted to "neo-ize" me 3 times, I have shook them off all 3 times as maybe I caught it quick enough. but eventually when that is all that there is there, and I can't get myself out of that "moved over test group", I know I will be stuck with it if I choose to use it too. It seems it changes daily and weekly though, by what other people experience with it, so obviously they are still working on it, and tweaking it and changing it too. I hope they get it better, before I'm forced to use it though.

It's also free though, so I think they can do anything they want, and what you want, carries not much weight. If it hurts advertising on there for them enough though, that might carry some weight for them.
-- Edited on 10/10/13 4:23 PM --

Miss Fairchild
starstarstarstar
Miss Fairchild
Advanced
USA
Member since 8/24/02
Send Message

Date: 10/10/13 6:00 PM

Yes, I too don't like the new Yahoo setup and I have three accounts. It's cumbersome, I can't tell what I've replied to, I can't delete individual messages from the Inbox list without having to check the boxes next to those messages, they (yahoo) kept trying to get me to download the "new" version, which I didn't want, and to add insult to injury--they keep asking for a stinking mobile phone number NO!!! NO!!! NO!!! I don't want them to call me for advertising/upgrades/reviews/feedback. Why can't I have it my way??

------
"Play the cards you are dealt, but choose who is sitting at the table"..AARP magazine

SEE MY ETSY SHOP HERE: http://www.etsy.com/shop/AuntMaymesAttic
My blog: http://auntmaymesattic.wordpress.com/

goodworks1
star
goodworks1  Friend of PR
Advanced
Illinois USA
Member since 7/19/03
Send Message

Date: 10/10/13 8:23 PM

Is there ANOTHER 'new' yahoo coming? I thought the final, final, no-going-back 'new' version date was sometime last summer.

Is this something new? It did take several weeks for things to calm down then.

When my yahoo mail stops working right I start out fresh at mail.yahoo.com
But I've never lost my log-in unless I've been accessing my yahoo mail from a different computer or phone or tablet in the meantime.

------
blog: goodworks1.wordpress.com

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Miscellaneous >> Yahoo....

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Expert Sewing Techniques for Jackets
Expert Sewing Techniques for Jackets

Register

Altering Jackets
Altering Jackets

Register

Favorite Things Nightie Night Pattern

Favorite Things Nightie Night Pattern

Buy Now
SewBaby Hug-Me Bibs Pattern

SewBaby Hug-Me Bibs Pattern

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.