SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Miscellaneous > Preoccupied? ( Moderated by Deepika, EleanorSews, CynthiaSue)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Preoccupied?
Or pre-something else
Mc Donna
Mc Donna  Friend of PR
Intermediate
MA USA
Member since 1/2/10
Send Message

thumbsup 3 members like this.

Date: 10/22/13 3:20 PM

So, I'm whistlin' away, prewashing the new haul and remembered I needed to take something for dinner out of the freezer, which is about 10 or so steps away from the laundryroom. Pork chops were my selection for a quick dinner. I put another load in the dryer before leaving to pick up DGS from half day at school. We stopped at the market for cupcake fixings for his birthday tomorrow, and quick post office errand. After we got home, and all was put away, I turned my attention to dinner. "Hmmn, pork chops aren't in the fridge, what did I do with them? They're not floating in a bowl of water, maybe I didn't take them out of the freezer." DGS asked me to repeat myself because he thought I was talking to him and didn't hear me from the next room. HA! I gave up, took more out of the freezer and scrambled to defrost those. Guess what I found in the dryer? What's the craziest thing you've done?

quiltingwolf
star
quiltingwolf  Friend of PR
Intermediate
MD
Member since 12/15/02
Send Message

In reply to Mc Donna <<
thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 10/22/13 3:28 PM

every so often I will put things in the frig that don't belong there. Most recently was the peanut butter.

------
quiltingwolf.blogspot.com

Kim12469
starstarstar
Kim12469
Beginner
MT USA
Member since 3/27/08
Send Message

Date: 10/22/13 3:33 PM

Ice cream in the fridge.

------
http://kimsewsilly.blogspot.com/

Erin Sooit
star
Erin Sooit  Friend of PR
Intermediate
TX USA
Member since 7/2/07
online now
Send Message

Date: 10/22/13 3:45 PM

Pilsbury biscuits I put in the freezer.

------
For photos of sewn garments and other sew crazy thoughts see my Tumblr blog andygrl.tumblr.com :)

Pinkytoo
starstarstar
Pinkytoo
Advanced
NV USA
Member since 6/23/06
Send Message

In reply to Mc Donna <<

Date: 10/22/13 3:48 PM

I have been known to put the cereal in the refrigerator and the milk in the pantry...

------
Sewing is my therapy!

Mc Donna
Mc Donna  Friend of PR
Intermediate
MA USA
Member since 1/2/10
Send Message

Date: 10/22/13 3:51 PM

Oh my goodness. Maybe there is some rogue mutant gene in my family. My daughter once put a roll of toilet paper in a kitchen cabinet. I teased her for a bit saying she just didn't like my cooking. At least you all were some what close, being in the proper room and all!

Janie Viers
star
Janie Viers  Friend of PR
Advanced
OH USA
Member since 4/8/02
Send Message

Date: 10/22/13 3:53 PM

My late DSIL was going crazy looking for her son's wedding and couldn't found the pantihose she just bought for the rehearsal. We traced her footsteps from car to discovering they were Missing. She had gotten several item that needed refrigerated and the pantihose were right next to the milk in the frdige. It was a hot day, so it's nice that they pantihose were cool!

------
JanieV

Mc Donna
Mc Donna  Friend of PR
Intermediate
MA USA
Member since 1/2/10
Send Message

In reply to Janie Viers <<

Date: 10/22/13 4:02 PM

Don't you just love the happy accidents? The pork chops were nicely defrosted, too!

TessKwiltz
star
TessKwiltz  Friend of PR
Intermediate
TX USA
Member since 9/21/07
Send Message

Date: 10/22/13 5:09 PM

Once after we got home from the grocery store DH couldn't find his wallet. He was sure he had it at the store and was about to go back thinking he had dropped it when I found it in the freezer...

------
Tess

On threadpainting flowers: "How many colors are in a flower? ... How many do you have?" - Ellen Anne Eddy

beauturbo
beauturbo
Advanced
CA USA
Member since 5/2/09
Send Message

Date: 10/22/13 7:23 PM

I have a few people at my house, (and me even once too) that have once or twice, while maybe being on the phone at the same time, or doing more than one thing at at once, in a hurry, managed to "put away" the partially used and eaten ice cream in the ice cream container, just in the cereal/crackers cupboard next to the freezer's large pull open door instead. That is always no fun to find! I think most times I have found it there though, within an hour or two, so ice cream just really soft instead. Not totally melted. I guess if it was in there, overnight or such though, at that point, there would be "tell tale melted ice cream" dripping down from a cupboard onto the kitchen counter instead!

The very top of the refrigerator also seems to be a "bad place" for things from within the refrigerator to just get set onto sometimes too. You have to be pretty tall to have that happen though probably. As shorter people would be more likely to set stuff pulled out of there, just on a kitchen counter. I think that happens when too much stuff in refrigerator, and so someone is hauling stuff out of there to try to find one little thing, and they just forget to put that stuff back inside later. If and when I find it there later, it just gets tossed into the trash, as I can't tell how long it's even been there. Better safe than sorry!

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Miscellaneous >> Preoccupied?

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

The Contemporary Couture Jacket
The Contemporary Couture Jacket

Register

Blueprints to Blue Jeans
Blueprints to Blue Jeans

Register

Vogue Patterns 8539

photo
by: canei

Review
New Look 6779

photo
by: lovenicky

Review
Fanny Pack or Purse

Fanny Pack or Purse

Buy Now
Favorite Things A Safe Place Pattern

Favorite Things A Safe Place Pattern

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.