SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Platinum Sponsor
PatternReview.com
PatternReview.com

Forum > Quilters' Corner > 2013 Bonnie Hunter Mystery Sew-Along ( Moderated by Sharon1952)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
2013 Bonnie Hunter Mystery Sew-Along
Celtic Solstice in TWO Sizes!
HDWen
star
HDWen  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
Arizona USA
Member since 12/26/11
Send Message

thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 10/23/13 5:42 PM

While I am pondering to join or not -- the 1st clue will be given Nov 29th -- Plenty of time to look at your stash and, this time it will be given in 2 sizes Yah!!!

Here is the Intro link if you are looking for a great way to increase your quilting skills - Or join because her quilts come out Amazing!

Celtic Solstice

Debbie

------
I have a great enthusium for sewing, but lack talent to be great.

Jannerie

Jannerie
Advanced
Ohio USA
Member since 7/10/09
Send Message

Date: 10/24/13 8:48 AM

Bonnie's color selections are wonderful. And its a good way to use up scraps and stash.

I have my fabric selected and am ready for the first clue.

------
Pfaff creative Sensation,
Singer 15-91,237,221,328K,301,301a,401,403,404,500,503
Bernina 630, 125jubilae
Viking 6020

Cat n Bull
star
Cat n Bull  Friend of PR
North Carolina USA
Member since 2/17/06
online now
Send Message

Date: 10/24/13 9:01 AM

I am not doing it again. I have too many projects lined up!

------
Cathryn

AngieRose

AngieRose  Friend of PR
Advanced
California USA
Member since 6/1/09
Send Message

In reply to Cat n Bull <<

Date: 10/24/13 10:57 AM

It is such a busy time of the year----I may do it come the first of the year. It all depends on what the finished "Mystery" look like. I'm just now getting the borders on "Easy Street" (which btw was not easy!)

I've decided to not do Bonnie Hunter mysteries until I see the final results and see how many parts and pieces are involved.

------
AngieRose, who love sewing, machine embroidery and quilting. 2008 Babylock Ellisimo, 2013 Brother DreamWeaver VQ3000, Bernina 1090, Singer Featherweight & 2009 Prodigy Quilter
http://timberhillthreads.blogspot.com

Cat n Bull
star
Cat n Bull  Friend of PR
North Carolina USA
Member since 2/17/06
online now
Send Message

In reply to AngieRose <<
thumbsup 2 members like this.

Date: 10/24/13 11:14 AM

I quit making my Easy Street. Learned my lesson from that!

If I do not like the design of the quilt, changing colors isn't going to make me like the design!

And I will NEVER devote my time, energy and money again to a quilt I just don't like!

I won't even CONSIDER a mystery quilt and just blindly sew pieces with no idea what they'll end up being. It is too great a conflict to my must be in control of my work personality!

------
Cathryn

jannw
starstarstarstar
jannw  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Washington USA
Member since 9/3/06
Send Message

Date: 10/24/13 11:29 AM

I think I'm going to wait on this one also...My Easy Street (and I agree it was not easy) has about 5 blocks put together..and I just don't like how my colors interacted. I like them all individually, so I do think that it was a great learning experience!

------
2009-113.25 yds
2010-115.5
2011-80.25+30+donated
2012 86.3 yds..
2013 21.0
Everyone who sews seriously has a stockpile of fabrics, because it is natural to purchase more than can be sewn in any one season" Singer, Timesaving Sewing, 1987

Learn To Sew
star
Learn To Sew  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
Member since 4/12/05
Send Message

Date: 10/24/13 11:38 AM

Quote: Cat n Bull
I quit making my Easy Street. Learned my lesson from that.
If I do not like the design of the quilt, changing colors isn't going to make me like the design!
And I will NEVER devote my time, energy and money again to a quilt I just don't like!
I won't even CONSIDER a mystery quilt and just blindly sew pieces with no idea what they'll end up being. It is too great a conflict to my must be in control of my work personality!

Not to mention the amount of $$ it could have cost you if you did not have all the colors in your stash. This can get expensive quickly.

Ok Cat. Calm down. You sound too excited about this. Where have you been lately? Are you feeling ok? I am concerned about you.

------
Bernina 630, my much loved main machine
Bernina embroidery module
Pfaff 2036 my back up & travel machine
Babylock Molly, mechanical
Bernina 1200DA serger
Unique Sewing Cabinet 450L

AngieRose

AngieRose  Friend of PR
Advanced
California USA
Member since 6/1/09
Send Message

Date: 10/24/13 12:02 PM

I was very tempted to quit on Easy Street. However, like you mentioned, I had too much time and money invested in this quilt to let it linger or give the parts and pieces away. I do have to buy a backing, and I'll be quilting it on my long arm. I did stay with the colors Bonnie suggested. I personally don't like the quilt, but my husband and others that see it like it. So, I guess it's a keeper for now---Like I said, no more mysteries for me until they actually become a full fledged "Pattern" instead of a "mystery".

------
AngieRose, who love sewing, machine embroidery and quilting. 2008 Babylock Ellisimo, 2013 Brother DreamWeaver VQ3000, Bernina 1090, Singer Featherweight & 2009 Prodigy Quilter
http://timberhillthreads.blogspot.com

Cat n Bull
star
Cat n Bull  Friend of PR
North Carolina USA
Member since 2/17/06
online now
Send Message

In reply to Learn To Sew <<

Date: 10/24/13 1:02 PM

Quote: Learn To Sew
Not to mention the amount of $$ it could have cost you if you did not have all the colors in your stash. This can get expensive quickly.

Ok Cat. Calm down. You sound too excited about this. Where have you been lately? Are you feeling ok? I am concerned about you.

I don't have a big enough stash to be able to make something on that scale, so I DID have to buy fabric for it.

LOL! I am not all that excited about this

I just learned that even though I DID wait until the final reveal before I even started on mine, (except for the fabric purchase), I thought that I would like the quilt if I changed the colors. But I didn't like it form the start, and wetn through ALL that work and still don't like it.

I am sure I will eventually finish it, I just have had way too much I had to get done.

And I have been finishing up my Sprouts quilts for my dad. They are now BOTH! officially DONE!! YAY!!

------
Cathryn

DonnaH
star
DonnaH
Intermediate
Texas USA
Member since 10/1/03
Send Message

Date: 10/24/13 1:33 PM

(Admitting up front that I'm not much of a quilter, but that said...)

I can't imagine ever investing that much time and effort into a large quilt w/out knowing what the end will look like.

I just peeked at the Easy Street Flickr group, and looking at some fo the in-progress photos, I guess I can see the fun in a little mystery piecing, but I wouldn't want to try anything bigger than a table runner!

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Quilters' Corner >> 2013 Bonnie Hunter Mystery Sew-Along

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Create a Jacket Muslin
Create a Jacket Muslin

Register

Sewing Facings and Developing Facing Patterns
Sewing Facings and Developing Facing Patterns

Register

StyleArc Tiffany Blouse

photo
by: Karen Carr

Review
Lutterloh 2005 9

photo
by: Baja Susan...

Review
Towne Purse

Towne Purse

Buy Now
Petite Plus 601 Pattern

Petite Plus 601 Pattern

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.