SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Patterns and Notions > Cutting Mat Sale ( Moderated by Sharon1952)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Cutting Mat Sale
TGWGWS
TGWGWS  Friend of PR
Advanced
Texas USA
Member since 8/15/08
Send Message

thumbsup 4 members like this.

Date: 10/29/13 8:40 PM

Large cutting mat on sale at Tuesday Morning.
Sale starts Sunday November 3rd at 9am.
Sullivan 36" x 59" cutting mat for $29.99

------
Tina
------
I do not weep at the world I am too busy sharpening my oyster knife.
zora neal hurston

Viking Rose
Elna 945
Brother PE-770

ccris
ccris
Intermediate
Member since 10/27/05
Send Message

In reply to TGWGWS <<
thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 10/29/13 11:21 PM

Wow, what a deal for someone who needs one. I've seen that size Sullivan mat for $75. Hope others who need one see your post. I don't need one, but the price sure is tempting.

Coconuts
star
Coconuts  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Michigan USA
Member since 12/2/09
Send Message

Date: 10/30/13 3:15 PM

I have a 24x36 Olfa, but that one would cover almost all of my table, so I think I need it!

schmammy
star
schmammy  Friend of PR
Texas USA
Member since 12/5/06
Send Message

Date: 10/31/13 3:59 PM

Is that a self-healing mat? I can't get the Sullivan site to load in my iPad.

------
Indecision may or may not be my problem. -Jimmy Buffet

http://chihuahuaonmylap.blogspot.com/

ccris
ccris
Intermediate
Member since 10/27/05
Send Message

In reply to schmammy <<

Date: 11/4/13 9:20 PM

The white mats ARE self healing, but not like the green Olfa mats. I have both. If you press hard enough you can also leave a permanent score on the green Olfa mats. I cut fleece on the Olfa with a dull rotary blade and voila. It's permanently scored. I rarely use it because I have a 48 x 96 white mat on a 48 x 96 table. My Olfa mats are flat and rigid (purchased about 25 years ago). I don't think you can roll them, but never really tried as they came flat, and I stored them that way. The Tuesday Morning white mat comes rolled. It has a memory and will take a while to flatten out.......maybe weeks. If anyone has a secret to getting them to lay flat quicker I'd like to know about it. A hair dryer didn't work for me nor did reverse rolling. When I purchased my rolled 48 x 96 mat, I reverse rolled it, left it that way for days, maybe weeks, but it still took a long time to completely lay flat.

JoAnn Fabrics is also having a sale on the same size mat (36 x 59) for $41.99, but if you have the coupon on back of their most recent flyer, you can take another 25% off that $41.99 sale price and get it for $31.49. That coupon is only good for three days, Nov. 7-9. I don't know if the JoAnn's white mat is rolled or flat. Maybe someone else knows.
-- Edited on 11/4/13 9:22 PM --

threaddy
star
threaddy  Friend of PR
Advanced
Wyoming USA
Member since 4/22/09
Send Message

In reply to ccris <<

Date: 11/4/13 11:27 PM

I think JoAnn's is rolled but they flatten out quickly because the mat material is rather thick...or at least the ones I have bought there were. Nice mats IMHO

------
"The problem is not that there are problems. The problem is expecting otherwise and thinking that having problems is a problem." Theodore Rubin
"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life's about creating yourself." George Bernard Shaw
Dan 9:24-27

Bernina vintage and computerized, Bernina and BL sergers , BLcoverstitch (a stray Pfaff and Viking followed me home too)

MissParayim
star
MissParayim
Advanced Beginner
Member since 3/22/12
Send Message

Date: 11/6/13 11:30 AM

The rolled white mats at Jo-Ann are not self healing. I dinged mine with my first rotary cut (and every cut thereafter).
I eventually replaced it with olfa mats I got a good deal on from wawak, and haven't had an issue with those.

------
www.missparayim.com

ccris
ccris
Intermediate
Member since 10/27/05
Send Message

In reply to MissParayim <<

Date: 11/6/13 12:50 PM

Thanks for the info on the JoAnn's cutting mats. Since my initial post, I found that the Tuesday Morning Cutting Edge mats by Sullivan, on sale for $29.99, are NOT self healing. My translucent/white 48 x 96 mat is self-healing. I wrongly assumed the current advertised translucent/white mats were also self healing. My mats are old. Obviously, changes have been made. Learn something new everyday.

threaddy
star
threaddy  Friend of PR
Advanced
Wyoming USA
Member since 4/22/09
Send Message

Date: 11/6/13 6:26 PM

I use the plastic scraper to get the nicks out. Having it not be self healing has presented no problems for me' whereas the olfa mats end up curling and wrinkling and not laying flat...a far bigger challenge. Plus the olfa mats are not as big. Love the size of the 59 X 36.

------
"The problem is not that there are problems. The problem is expecting otherwise and thinking that having problems is a problem." Theodore Rubin
"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life's about creating yourself." George Bernard Shaw
Dan 9:24-27

Bernina vintage and computerized, Bernina and BL sergers , BLcoverstitch (a stray Pfaff and Viking followed me home too)

ccris
ccris
Intermediate
Member since 10/27/05
Send Message

In reply to threaddy <<

Date: 11/6/13 6:45 PM

A plastic scraper like a windshield snow/ice scraper?

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Patterns and Notions >> Cutting Mat Sale

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Online Class
Understanding Interfacings
Understanding Interfacings

Class Details

Online Class
Put it on the Bias
Put it on the Bias

Class Details

McCall's 6561

photo
by: divabuddha

Review
Paradiso Designs Kimono Jacket Formula Pattern

Paradiso Designs Kimono Jacket Formula Pattern

More Info
Sewn Square One Go Anywhere Dress Pattern

Sewn Square One Go Anywhere Dress Pattern

More Info

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.