SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Patterns and Notions > December Burda ( Moderated by Sharon1952)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
December Burda
First preview
westmoon
star
westmoon  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
IRELAND
Member since 9/7/11
Send Message

thumbsup 3 members like this.

Date: 10/30/13 2:06 PM

As usual, courtesy of our Russian blogger friend:

Photos on her blog

------
http://sewingnovice.blogspot.co.uk/
One woman. One sewing machine. One giant stack of fabric. What could possibly go wrong?

jaeng
star
jaeng
Intermediate
NJ USA
Member since 3/8/06
Send Message

thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 10/30/13 3:01 PM

I like children fashion. They look so cool but I don't have daughter.

ChristineX
star
ChristineX
Advanced Beginner
CA USA
Member since 11/28/05
Send Message

Date: 10/30/13 3:51 PM

Cool! I like the slimline looks.

IreneDAdler
star
IreneDAdler
Advanced Beginner
NY USA
Member since 6/12/12
Send Message

Date: 10/30/13 5:46 PM

The majority of this issue is pretty standard, but there are a couple looks that I love.

My favorite outfit is this blouse/slim pants combo, I have a weakness for tops with stand collars, and I love that the blouse pattern has a version that has a tie-neck too:

I must have this dress pattern, I love the seaming detail at the hip:

This plus-size outfit is really cute too; I actually bought that design last year in the form of a vintage McCall's pattern from the 60s:

I also really like these two tops. They're not that groundbreaking and people that have been subscribing to Burda for a while probably have both already, but they're great basic designs, and I love the styling in the picture.

-- Edited on 10/30/13 5:48 PM --

------
Visit my little corner of the sew-o-sphere: http://yousewlikeagirl.blogspot.com/

slavoie
slavoie
Advanced Beginner
VA
Member since 7/11/13
Send Message

Date: 10/30/13 8:26 PM

I love the red plus size suit as well. Might even get me to make myself a suit.

But I really LOVE the red dress in plus size with the ruffle down the
front. Apologize but I don't know how to add picture.

-- Edited on 10/30/13 8:29 PM --

IreneDAdler
star
IreneDAdler
Advanced Beginner
NY USA
Member since 6/12/12
Send Message

In reply to slavoie <<

Date: 10/31/13 0:11 AM

Quote: slavoie
Apologize but I don't know how to add picture.

In the area just above the text box where you type your post, there's a row of buttons, the one on the very end on the right says "Image" and you can click that button to add a picture. A box will pop up and ask you to put in a URL for the image you want to add. Usually, you can get that URL by right-clicking the image and choosing "Copy Image URL" in the pop-up menu (the exact wording might be different for different browsers).

For example, to add the picture of the red dress you're talking about, first find it on p-an-da's blog post, right-click it, select "Copy Image URL," which puts the URL on your clipboard the same way as when you use Ctrl-C, then come back to your post, click the "Image" button, and press Ctrl-V, then click "OK." What that will do is add a bunch of HTML code in the bottom of your post which represents the picture. If you want to move the picture around in your post, select the whole bunch of code and move it as a block.

If you're ever not sure you did it right, you can click "Preview" to see if it looks the way you want before you post.

------
Visit my little corner of the sew-o-sphere: http://yousewlikeagirl.blogspot.com/

camaro1952
camaro1952
Member since 7/20/07
Send Message

Date: 10/31/13 7:22 AM

I don't see a lot of new in the adult designs but the colors are wonderful!

lakaribane
star
lakaribane
Beginner
HAITI
Member since 7/23/07
Send Message

Date: 10/31/13 8:12 AM

I need line drawings but I like the green dress:

and I think it is also the maxi seen here:

Also tentatively interested in the vintage-inspired dress with the kick-pleat :

------
Fashion Maté, where I blog about what I (eventually) sew : http://fashionmate.blogspot.com
Addicted to Pinterest? Me too! : http://pinterest.com/lakaribane/

Kalindi1121
Kalindi1121
Member since 2/8/13
Send Message

Date: 10/31/13 10:38 AM

I have to say, I have never subscribed to Burda before, having just hit the point where I think I am ready. So in Oct I tried a 3 month subscription. I found one or two patterns in Oct. One or two in Nov. I was a bit underwhelmed.

But I am MOST excited about Dec. I may have to tell hubby that I want a subscription for my birthday (two weeks from now) for the year. I now see that it can be so exciting to see what will show up!

IreneDAdler
star
IreneDAdler
Advanced Beginner
NY USA
Member since 6/12/12
Send Message

In reply to Kalindi1121 <<

Date: 10/31/13 12:21 PM

Quote: Kalindi1121
I have to say, I have never subscribed to Burda before, having just hit the point where I think I am ready. So in Oct I tried a 3 month subscription. I found one or two patterns in Oct. One or two in Nov. I was a bit underwhelmed.

But I am MOST excited about Dec. I may have to tell hubby that I want a subscription for my birthday (two weeks from now) for the year. I now see that it can be so exciting to see what will show up!

I still haven't made the plunge yet but I've been following the issues on and off for about a year. I've found that most of their dresses don't fit my personal style very well, so back when I was only interested in making dresses, I didn't see much appeal in the mag. But now I've started making separates, and I'm finding a lot of things that I like.

Another thing I've noticed is that I seem to like the Fall/Winter issues better than Spring/Summer. Other people have made similar comments. Obviously people's tastes will differ so I'm sure there are people that feel the opposite. But I do think their designs for each season change in tone. For the warm-weather designs, they seem to make a very strong effort to be inventive, which can be very hit-or-miss. But the cold-weather styles seem to overall have a more classic, tailored feel, which I personally find more practical and wearable, but others might find boring, and I can imagine that it might start to feel repetitive if you've been getting the magazine for a couple years.

------

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Patterns and Notions >> December Burda

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Serging Ahead with your 5 Thread Serger
Serging Ahead with your 5 Thread Serger

Register

Fit the Tee to a T
Fit the Tee to a T

Register

Vogue Patterns 1187

photo
by: Monabel

Review
New Look 6776

photo
by: tinflutter...

Review
J Stern Designs The Tee Pattern

J Stern Designs The Tee Pattern

Buy Now
SewBaby Fleece-Easy Hats Pattern

SewBaby Fleece-Easy Hats Pattern

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.