SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Platinum Sponsor
Fashion Fabrics Club
Fashion Fabrics Club

Forum > Sewing Machines > Singer CP17-C ( Moderated by Sharon1952, EleanorSews)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Singer CP17-C
needing manual
aladdinsgenie1
aladdinsgenie1
Member since 10/31/13
Send Message

Date: 10/31/13 4:58 PM

I have got a Singer CP17-C made in Brazil at a garage sale but I need a manual in order to set the stich width, pattern settings and other settings. I looked on the Singer web site and they had a CP17 listed so II checked it out, but it's not anything like the configuration of mine. If anyone has a manual for the one I have would it be possible to get a copy from you. I sure would appreciate it, I guess I bought a real can of worms by buying a machine with no manual.

skae
star
skae  Friend of PR
Advanced
Member since 4/23/07
Send Message

Date: 10/31/13 6:50 PM

picture of the machine

------
Ecclesiastes 11:7,8 Nothing on earth is more beautiful than the morning sun. Even if you live to a ripe old age, you should try to enjoy each day, because darkness will come and will last a long time. (CEV)

TeeGee

TeeGee
Intermediate
International CANADA
Member since 11/13/04
Send Message

In reply to aladdinsgenie1 <<

Date: 10/31/13 11:13 PM

Quote: aladdinsgenie1
I have got a Singer CP17-C made in Brazil at a garage sale but I need a manual in order to set the stich width, pattern settings and other settings. I looked on the Singer web site and they had a CP17 listed so II checked it out, but it's not anything like the configuration of mine. If anyone has a manual for the one I have would it be possible to get a copy from you. I sure would appreciate it, I guess I bought a real can of worms by buying a machine with no manual.

The free Singer CP 17 pdf manual here has other models in it too.Some of the Singer CP 17 models are 5, 6, 8, 10 stitch sewing machines.How many stitches does your model have ?

Does your Singer look similar like the picture in the pdf manual ? (To me the Singer CP17-C picture online looks similar.)
-- Edited on 11/1/13 4:27 AM --
beauturbo
beauturbo
Advanced
California USA
Member since 5/2/09
Send Message

Date: 11/1/13 6:58 PM

You could go over to the singer website and download and use the free manual for even a much newer Singer CG590 machine for it. That might be a bit more like yours than maybe the other manual you were looking at.

Also a whole bunch of older singer machines too, but I can't remember exact #'s for them.

aladdinsgenie1
aladdinsgenie1
Member since 10/31/13
Send Message

In reply to skae <<

Date: 11/1/13 8:52 PM

I have a picture of it on my desktop but can't figure out how to add it to a post - help me?

aladdinsgenie1
aladdinsgenie1
Member since 10/31/13
Send Message

In reply to beauturbo <<

Date: 11/1/13 9:02 PM

The Singer CG590 is an industrial machine, but so far the closest thing to my machine I've found so far. Thank You

aladdinsgenie1
aladdinsgenie1
Member since 10/31/13
Send Message

In reply to TeeGee <<

Date: 11/1/13 10:02 PM

sorry, I already checked that put, but it's just not the same machine as mine.

TeeGee

TeeGee
Intermediate
International CANADA
Member since 11/13/04
Send Message

Date: 11/1/13 10:23 PM

Sorry,I don't know how to upload a picture from my PC on PR either.I know how to and can do it on other forums,not on PR.I see only the image button to enter a picture from a website.It might work if you have an online picture hosting site like Flickr,or other free picture hosting site.

Can you find a picture of your Singer model online ? Then you can post it.The Singer picture I found online looks the same as in the free manual I posted.
-- Edited on 11/2/13 3:37 AM --

marjoryt
marjoryt
Expert/Couture
Mississippi USA
Member since 8/1/06
Send Message

Date: 12/29/13 9:47 PM

Singer Manual for CP17

I tried putting in the link using the handy icon, but just in case....here is the URL. You may need to cut and paste into your browser window.

http://www.singerco.com/uploads/download/83d933bb04a2803cdd0ed8837d6e872ad6e6fe97.pdf

I got one of these free today when I purchased a used Horn cabinet. There are only 2 feet, and nothing to hold the thread spool in place.

Interestingly enough, it appears that Sears has parts for these! However, I'll first check with the local Singer dealer for the basics. What are the basics? Here is my own list:
zipper foot
narrow hem foot
bobbins
straight stitch foot

BTW, this is a straight, not slanted machine. This means virtually any straight (not slanted) foot will probably work on your machine.

This is actually my 3rd Singer, and previous experience has taught me:
Be VERY picky about bobbins. Get the right kind for your machine.
Singer needles do work a little better, but Scmetz will work too. Don't bother with any cheap needles.
Get good thread. Seriously. It makes a world of difference.
If you don't know, take it into the shop first to be checked out.
Mark or write down the foot pressure, stitch length, and tension settings before you start messing around. It takes all three in balance, and if they are, you want to regain that happy spot.

I'll get this machine back into using condition (clean, necessary parts, working) and then regift it to a new sewer. I promised the sellers that would happen.

bestgrammy
star
bestgrammy
Oregon USA
Member since 8/29/06
Send Message

Date: 12/30/13 5:55 AM

Does your sm look more like this one? At least the manual was printed in Brazil. The text is in English and Spanish...but strangely there are no spaces between the words.
Link: Singer CG500/550

You may not find the *exact* manual for your machine...but these models function very much the same. Maybe use what seems to be the same as your machine and the rest can be figured out.

Are you sure about your machine's model #?

Edited to add: Does your sm look like this one that was sold on ebay...there are lots of good pictures including a close up of the model # as CP-17C (9th pic down)...so does your sm look like that one? If so maybe these pics will help someone else help you find a manual.
Scroll down the page until you see the pictures.
Link: Singer CP-17C that was sold on ebay

-- Edited on 12/30/13 6:32 AM --

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Sewing Machines >> Singer CP17-C

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Fun with Fitting - PANTS
Fun with Fitting - PANTS

Register

Fun with Fitting - BODICE w Darts
Fun with Fitting - BODICE w Darts

Register

Christine Jonson Three Tees

Christine Jonson Three Tees

Buy Now
DVD - Will this fabric work for you?

DVD - Will this fabric work for you?

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.