SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Patterns and Notions > Elise Bergman Multi wrap dress ( Moderated by Sharon1952)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Elise Bergman Multi wrap dress
silk wrap dress
procraftinate
procraftinate
Intermediate
Member since 9/12/12
Send Message

Date: 11/2/13 10:40 PM

When I was at my grandma's house she wanted me to look at a magazine she just got in the mail, (not sure what it was but it had a candy cane wreath on the front cover) and there was a beautiful Elise Bergman multi wrap dress in it. What pattern could I use to recreate it? or tutorial? I Love the idea of a more formal infinity dress, but don't like the price (almost 300$)
Sorry this I don't have a better description or pics, I have been looking over an hour!

Karla Kizer
starstarstar
Karla Kizer  Friend of PR
Advanced
Member since 4/8/02
Send Message

Date: 11/2/13 11:45 PM

I found a few. Was it any of these?

Dress

Slide the indicator on the bar at the bottom of the page to scroll through the picturesough

Quite a few images came up when I googled elise bergman convertible dress and selected IMAGES

------
“Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig.” -Robert Heinlein and Ann's father. Thanks for the reminder, Ann.

Where are we going, and what am I doing in this handbasket?

Matthew 25:40 (New International Version)
The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'

Tizmehr
Tizmehr
Advanced
ON CANADA
Member since 2/21/11
Send Message

Date: 11/3/13 6:57 AM

If Karla's post is the correct dress, just google "infinity Dress" you'll get lots of hits and among them will be easy, very easy instructions on how to make this dress. It's really just a full skirt with really long rectangles attached at the waist which get wrapped and tied however you like.

procraftinate
procraftinate
Intermediate
Member since 9/12/12
Send Message

In reply to Tizmehr <<

Date: 11/3/13 9:41 AM

Most of the wrap dress tutorials I saw were for a jersey or knit fabric, would it work with fabric with no give?

procraftinate
procraftinate
Intermediate
Member since 9/12/12
Send Message

Date: 11/3/13 9:49 AM

I think that the coral dress to the far right, by the way it looks in this picture it isn't the same as the usual infinity dresses I have found online so far.

becky2

procraftinate
procraftinate
Intermediate
Member since 9/12/12
Send Message

Date: 11/4/13 2:03 PM

It was in the Midwest Living magazine, Nov/Dec 2013 issue. I recognized the cover when I saw it in a store.

nicegirl
starstarstarstar
nicegirl
Intermediate
DC USA
Member since 5/10/06
Send Message

In reply to procraftinate <<

Date: 11/4/13 7:57 PM

The coral dress is not likely to be an infinity dress. The bodice fabric is gathered and sewn into the band that ties on the shoulder. You might be able to tie it as a front-cross halter as well as a one shoulder (hard to tell if the band is shaped because the tie is covering the [possible] join between the neck binding and armscye binding), but it is definitely not a skirt with two long bands attached.

------
http://theslapdashsewist.blogspot.com
=================
2007: purchased 115+, sewed 105+
So close to parity, yet so far

Trying again in 2008
Yards purchased: 133
Yards sewn: Somewhere around 95

2009? I give up

procraftinate
procraftinate
Intermediate
Member since 9/12/12
Send Message

In reply to nicegirl <<

Date: 11/5/13 5:48 PM

Quote: nicegirl
The coral dress is not likely to be an infinity dress. The bodice fabric is gathered and sewn into the band that ties on the shoulder. You might be able to tie it as a front-cross halter as well as a one shoulder (hard to tell if the band is shaped because the tie is covering the [possible] join between the neck binding and armscye binding), but it is definitely not a skirt with two long bands attached.

It looked like it had gathers in the magazine, it may have been the way it was style but I still haven't found any pics that are for sure that dress.
procraftinate
procraftinate
Intermediate
Member since 9/12/12
Send Message

Date: 11/6/13 3:59 PM

I found this on Pinterest Wrap dress

Sewshable1
star
Sewshable1  Friend of PR
Intermediate
GA USA
Member since 8/24/02
Send Message

Date: 11/7/13 1:11 AM

WD Convertable skirt/dress

------
You can judge the true character of a man by the way he treats the people
who can do nothing for him

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Patterns and Notions >> Elise Bergman Multi wrap dress

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Break your Serger Out of the Box
Break your Serger Out of the Box

Register

Fun with Fitting - BODICE w Darts
Fun with Fitting - BODICE w Darts

Register

New Look 6097

photo
by: redsilvia

Review
SewBaby Snap Happy Booties Pattern

SewBaby Snap Happy Booties Pattern

Buy Now
Islander Sewing Systems Double Green Shopping Bag Pattern

Islander Sewing Systems Double Green Shopping Bag Pattern

Buy Now
Indygo Junction 908

photo
by: JustineSew...

Review

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.