SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Web site Talk > Craftsy ( Moderated by Deepika)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Craftsy
any way to download the classes?
alexisart
alexisart  Friend of PR
Intermediate
FL
Member since 4/10/12
Send Message

Date: 11/6/13 11:38 AM

I am stuck with satellite internet, which has a limit of how much bandwidth I can use in a given amount of time. Does any one know of a way to download the classes for later? Awhile back I was able to do that but now nothing works - I have programs that download video but it's not supported. To watch them over and over until my brain remembers everything while using up all my bandwidth is not an option.

PeppermintPam
star
PeppermintPam  Friend of PR
Intermediate
MI USA
Member since 1/9/07
Send Message

In reply to alexisart <<

Date: 11/6/13 3:55 PM

I don't think you can download the classes, but I'm not positive. Why not contact Craftsy (they have a toll free number) and ask them?

misschris
misschris
AUSTRALIA
Member since 2/3/06
Send Message

In reply to alexisart <<

Date: 11/6/13 6:30 PM

I don't think Craftsy want you downloading their videos - the potential for pirating is enormous. I have downloaded them for my personal use - I use my android tablet in my sewing room and can't get the videos to stream on it. Even with the help of the Craftsy support desk. So I download them and transfer to my tablet. I don't want to mention publicly the method I use currently but if you'd like to pm me I can let you know.

------
chris

Melbourne

Nancy K
starstarstar
Nancy K
Advanced
NY USA
Member since 12/28/04
Send Message

In reply to alexisart <<

Date: 11/6/13 10:10 PM

Yes you can download them, but I don't know how it's done. Someone I know has done it.

------
www.nancyksews.blogspot.com

SandiMacD
star
SandiMacD  Friend of PR
Intermediate
FL
Member since 2/8/09
Send Message

Date: 11/7/13 3:56 AM

There is software you can buy that captures your video stream. But things constantly change and you never know what will be compatible. I second the post to contact Craftsy and see what they may offer.

------
sewing brings joy and meaning to my life...

misschris
misschris
AUSTRALIA
Member since 2/3/06
Send Message

In reply to SandiMacD <<

Date: 11/7/13 4:16 AM

Craftsy are constantly updating their software to prevent downloading, its certainly not something they encourage.

------
chris

Melbourne

Sew4Fun
starstarstarstar
Sew4Fun
Advanced
AUSTRALIA
Member since 6/23/04
Send Message

In reply to alexisart <<

Date: 11/7/13 5:46 AM

Yes. I have successfully downloaded all the classes I have bought using a program called RealDownLoader. Just the basic version which is for free. I downloaded my latest class just two days ago. Easy to use and works well for me. I find the video really jerky and unwatchable if I try to stream the video so downloading is the best option for me.

------
Belinda. Melbourne, Australia
http://sew-4-fun.blogspot.com/

misschris
misschris
AUSTRALIA
Member since 2/3/06
Send Message

In reply to Sew4Fun <<

Date: 11/7/13 6:45 AM

Belinda, was that a new class? Just curious, because Real Downloader hasn't worked for the 2 newer classes I bought on either Firefox or Chrome.

------
chris

Melbourne

Sigrid.
starstarstarstar
Sigrid.  Friend of PR
Advanced
NETHERLANDS
Member since 11/14/06
Send Message

thumbsup 10 members like this.

Date: 11/7/13 11:02 AM

I wish Craftsy offered their classes as dvd as well. Their guarantee of life time access to me says their lifetime, not a persons lifetime. One day Craftsy will either change the rules, migth be taken over by another company or cease to exist (worst case scenario).

Originally their courses were not so expensive, but with their increasing popularity, prices have gone up rather steeply which increased my worry of loosing access one day. How about having courses worth a few hundred dollars and loosing access and have nothing any more (the course materials as pdf don't give much info)?
Books (and dvd's) have the advantage they are not dependent on a supplier still being in business.

------
http://sigridsewingprojects.blogspot.com/

KarenTeel

KarenTeel
IL USA
Member since 4/22/08
Send Message

Date: 11/10/13 10:27 AM

I downloaded the app to use but according to the directions you tap on a direction on the video. Not there on the Craftsy classes. Belinda, if you can say how it is done I would appreciate it.

Thanks

------
Karen

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Web site Talk >> Craftsy

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Put it on the Bias
Put it on the Bias

Register

Fit the Tee to a T
Fit the Tee to a T

Register

BurdaStyle Downloadable 7969

photo
by: julliams

Review
Simplicity 2185

photo
by: myraminx

Review
Islander Sewing Systems Moebius Scarf Pattern

Islander Sewing Systems Moebius Scarf Pattern

Buy Now
Petite Plus 601 Pattern

Petite Plus 601 Pattern

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.