SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Patterns and Notions > Notions Vendor Worst Customer Service ( Moderated by Sharon1952)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Notions Vendor Worst Customer Service
Avoid JKM Ribbon and Trim
G_l_e_n_d_a
star
G_l_e_n_d_a
Advanced Beginner
California USA
Member since 5/11/05
Send Message

Date: 11/7/13 7:01 PM

I ordered $100 worth of merchandise from this vendor's website. This was the worst customer experience I have ever had on the internet.

First, their website indicated that they accept credit cards. I entered my credit card information and was told that all was good, and it had been accepted.

TEN DAYS LATER I received an email from them saying that they in fact do not accept credit cards and I would have to pay by PayPal. I did not have a Pay Pal account, but jumped through all the hoops to establish one. Once that was done, I looked up their vendor number and sent them payment.

ANOTHER TEN DAYS GO BY... and they tell me that they have not received my payment and will cancel my order if I don't pay again. I send them proof of payment, both my Paypal Statement and my credit card against which the PayPay was charged. At this point, weeks after placing my order, they have not yet started to process it. They reply to my email indicating that they will be getting back to me in one business day.

SIX MORE DAYS GO BY. I send an email saying, hey, I'm still waiting for your response... the reply I get is a standard boilerplate message that makes absolutely no reference to the payment status. I send yet another message telling them a boilerplate response is not what I am after. Another day goes by and my credit card company now tells me my credit card is being fraudulently used, the one I first entered that their website accepted but they said they couldn't use. This is the only vendor where I have used this credit card where I did not actually swipe it myself. So after having this card for 25 years, I have to cancel it and get a replacement.

So their next reply is to tell me that my payment must have gone to some other company, not them, and they will be invoicing me AGAIN. I ask, how long will it be before I get my order and they say FOUR WEEKS.

Now I am out the first $100 and my credit card and they want another $100 and four more weeks? I don't think so.

Stay away from these people. They are at best incompetent and possibly perpetrating fraud.

Karla Kizer
starstarstar
Karla Kizer  Friend of PR
Advanced
Member since 4/8/02
Send Message

Date: 11/7/13 7:20 PM

Thanks for the warning, Glenda.

------
“Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig.” -Robert Heinlein and Ann's father. Thanks for the reminder, Ann.

Where are we going, and what am I doing in this handbasket?

Matthew 25:40 (New International Version)
The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'

Terri A
starstarstar
Terri A  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Member since 1/16/08
Send Message

In reply to G_l_e_n_d_a <<

Date: 11/7/13 7:30 PM

This is horrible, and sadly not the only one.... :(
Sorry you are dealing with this...

cathytxtwfr
star
cathytxtwfr  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
Texas USA
Member since 8/20/12
Send Message

thumbsup 2 members like this.

Date: 11/7/13 7:58 PM

Im sorryIs there no way you can dispute it and get your money back? They cant possible get away with this!

MartiP
MartiP  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Member since 9/5/12
Send Message

Date: 11/7/13 8:41 PM

BBB report.
http://www.bbb.org/new-jersey/Business-Reviews/ribbons/jkm-products-corporation-in-berlin-nj-4004688/complaints#breakdown
Sorry about what has happened to you.
Thanks for the heads up.

------
MartiP

Ruckertt's Law; There is nothing so small that it can't be blown out of proportion.

Bernina 1230 Bernette 007D
Brother CS6000i Brother 2340 CV
New Home L372
Singer 221K (off white)
U.S Blindstitch, Model SL 718/2D
Simplicity SE2
Brother 700II

crystalwoods
star
crystalwoods  Friend of PR
Intermediate
British Columbia CANADA
Member since 11/27/06
Send Message

Date: 11/7/13 8:59 PM

I thought PayPal payments were guaranteed, maybe check with them. Thanks for the warning about this company, so sorry you are out $$

mrspie
mrspie
Advanced
Member since 9/29/12
Send Message

Date: 11/7/13 10:30 PM

Dispute the charge with Paypal. However awful Paypal may be in some respects, they will do the right thing here.

G_l_e_n_d_a
star
G_l_e_n_d_a
Advanced Beginner
California USA
Member since 5/11/05
Send Message

Date: 11/7/13 11:35 PM

Thanks for the suggestions and sympathy. I tried to use the PayPal "file for a dispute" button but it took me to a page not found or some such thing. I guess I will have to keep trying.

The good news is that the credit card fraud was caught by the card company virtually immediately. Their fraud detection software sure works well. And of course, I won't have to pay for the fraudulent transactions.

G_l_e_n_d_a
star
G_l_e_n_d_a
Advanced Beginner
California USA
Member since 5/11/05
Send Message

In reply to MartiP <<
thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 11/7/13 11:37 PM

Quote: MartiP
BBB report.

http://www.bbb.org/new-jersey/Business-Reviews/ribbons/jkm-products-corporation-in-berlin-nj-4004688/complaints#breakdown

Sorry about what has happened to you.

Thanks for the heads up.

Wow, that is an amazing number of complaints! Thanks for the link.
Elona
star
Elona  Friend of PR
Advanced
Member since 8/24/02
Send Message

thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 11/8/13 3:05 AM

Quote: G_l_e_n_d_a
... I tried to use the PayPal "file for a dispute" button but it took me to a page not found or some such thing. I guess I will have to keep trying.

Yes, keep trying. Here is an illustrated guide to filing a dispute with paypal when a seller fails to deliver.

Having paypal come down on bad guys is a good thing. Often, it causes them to shape up fast, and even if it doesn't, you can get a full refund.

There are time limitations, though. I think it's 45 days from the time of purchase to file a complaint.

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Patterns and Notions >> Notions Vendor Worst Customer Service

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Bust Adjustments
Bust Adjustments

Register

Sewing Facings and Developing Facing Patterns
Sewing Facings and Developing Facing Patterns

Register

New Look 6571

photo
by: Sheila457

Review
SewBaby Quick Kitchen Gifts Pattern

SewBaby Quick Kitchen Gifts Pattern

Buy Now
Petite Plus 504 Pattern

Petite Plus 504 Pattern

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.