SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Platinum Sponsor
PatternReview.com
PatternReview.com

Forum > Web site Talk > What's your favorite sewing site besides PR?? ( Moderated by Deepika)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
What's your favorite sewing site besides PR??
Is it a blog, a shop, a tutorial site?? Please share
heathergwo
heathergwo  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
California USA
Member since 11/14/11
Send Message

thumbsup 4 members like this.

Date: 11/16/13 8:50 PM

Was just going through some of my links today and wondering what other people's favorite site(s) are for sewing related stuff besides PR, of course

Is it a shopping site? Maybe a blog? Maybe a tutorial site?

Share please

------
Brother Innovis 1250D
Babylock Enlighten
Singer Curvy 8763
Brother 1034D
Janome 385.19606
Brother 2340CV

sideseams
 sideseams
Intermediate
Pennsylvania USA
Member since 6/19/04
Send Message

thumbsup 5 members like this.

Date: 11/16/13 11:11 PM

I always check out Diary of a sewing fanatic . She is so awesome.

SandiMacD
star
SandiMacD  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Florida USA
Member since 2/8/09
Send Message

Subject: Whats your favorite sewing site besides PR?? Date: 11/17/13 3:27 AM

I am an ASG member so of course I am on their National site and Chapter sites a lot.

I used to be really involved in Yahoo Groups. I joined those that were specific to the machines I owned and learned tons about them. They are nice to join when you are researching a particular brand and want to learn from owners about potential problems. Or want to buy or sell sewing items.

I record most of the sewing PBS shows and when I come across techniques I would use, then I go to their websites and download the program PDF.
I am on Nancy Z's site the most for the videos of how to use products and techniques.

With You Tube- I can search for how to do a technique on a certain brand of machine- or just various ways to do a technique or what features are on a machine.

I don't follow bloggers but I do jump off the PR links that interest me and wander them between sites to gather information but not often.

For the most part PR is my bread & butter site. I get the daily digest and read it first thing every morning. PR is so diverse that all my interests are satisfied and for the most part, I can get a question quickly answered. I use sewing sites foremost to educate myself or share my experiences. Social connections are secondary.

This is a great topic and will be interesting to see what other sites people visit. I am sure it will be quite different for people whose interest in sewing is more toward a social exchange or a business venture.

------
sewing brings joy and meaning to my life...

JuliN
star
JuliN  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Member since 10/7/07
Send Message

Subject: Whats your favorite sewing site besides PR?? Date: 11/17/13 4:23 AM

I agree with sideseams and SandiMacD. I like Fashion Sewing Blog TV on YouTube to look up sewing techniques. I also get the daily digest and learn of some bloggers from their reviews here.

------
My measurements = 47-35-43. Height = 5ft11in.
RTW size =18 on top, 14/16 on bottom.
Sewing size = 20 and I alter from there.

biddy 1
biddy 1  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Member since 3/6/13
Send Message

Subject: Whats your favorite sewing site besides PR?? Date: 11/17/13 7:31 AM

How do you get the daily digest, I don't see a link for it. Thanks

RedRockin
RedRockin  Friend of PR
Beginner
Colorado USA
Member since 6/4/10
Send Message

thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 11/17/13 8:15 AM

Under "My Stuff", click Notifications, and there you will find lots of checkboxes, including one for a daily digest. You have to be logged in. I really enjoy my digest!

mmcp
mmcp  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
Maryland USA
Member since 5/31/09
Send Message

thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Subject: Whats your favorite sewing site besides PR?? Date: 11/17/13 8:18 AM

Under "My Stuff" on the left side menu at the top, click notifications. There is a list of notifications you can receive. The Daily Digest is worth the price of admission, I think. Also go to Edit Profile, and make sure that you have site notifications turned on.

A lot of these features are hard to find. It's worth just spending a little time digging around in all the links under My stuff to see what's there, although if the platform is going to change dramatically, we could all be starting from scratch... I don't really understand what is going to change, and what isn't and there haven't been any previews (hint hint).

VivianZ
star
VivianZ  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Louisiana USA
Member since 12/8/04
Send Message

Date: 11/17/13 8:24 AM

Yep this is my go to site, every morning with my tea! I love to go off on tangents, following links to patterns, blogs, fabric sites, etc. I have tried other sewing sites, but I am not nearly as fond of them, so I usually bookmark them, but don't return on a regular basis, like my daily dose of PR.

------
height 5'2" bust 36, waist 31, hip 39.
I have way too many yards to count, and I will never use them up, but I will die trying!

threaddy
star
threaddy  Friend of PR
Advanced
Wyoming USA
Member since 4/22/09
Send Message

In reply to VivianZ <<
thumbsup 2 members like this.

Date: 11/17/13 8:31 AM

Me too...it is my happy wake up with a cup of coffee. Gets the day started thinking about something I love.

------
"The problem is not that there are problems. The problem is expecting otherwise and thinking that having problems is a problem." Theodore Rubin
"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life's about creating yourself." George Bernard Shaw
Dan 9:24-27

Bernina vintage and computerized, Bernina and BL sergers , BLcoverstitch (a stray Pfaff and Viking followed me home too)

ASiverson
star
ASiverson  Friend of PR
Intermediate
New York USA
Member since 5/31/11
Send Message

Date: 11/17/13 11:52 AM

I too love PR! Am not on other sites half as much, and visit PR at least twice a day, at least! Love IT!

------
Annette

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Web site Talk >> What's your favorite sewing site besides PR??

Merchants on PR

Patterns from the Past

vintage sewing patterns
Deals!

Reconstructing History

Reconstructing History
Web site

Elliott Berman Textiles

Fabrics for Greater Ideas
Deals!

Gwyn Hug

Fabric Shopping Help!
Deals!

Style Arc sewing dress patterns

Patterns That Fit
Web site

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Fun with Fitting - PANTS
Fun with Fitting - PANTS

Register

Leather 101
Leather 101

Register

Self Drafted Pattern 177593-1003

photo
by: montanachi...

Review
Vogue Patterns 8837

photo
by: chesneykat

Review
Sew Liberated Esme Top Pattern

Sew Liberated Esme Top Pattern

Buy Now
Favorite Things Little Lounge Around Pattern

Favorite Things Little Lounge Around Pattern

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.