SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Patterns and Notions > Burda's new Attention to Detail Collection ( Moderated by Sharon1952)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Burda's new Attention to Detail Collection
Irony at its finest?
emm0119
emm0119
Advanced Beginner
Member since 1/6/13
Send Message

Date: 11/26/13 11:28 AM

I just got an email from Burda announcing this collection: Burda Attention to Detail Collection

I went to the page and the very first thing I noticed as I scrolled through the pics were the awful rippled/puckered inseams on all the pants. I know it's hard to get smooth seams on those fabric choices, but I find it ironic given the collection's title...

------
~Erin~
Bernina 1130
Brother CS6000i
Brother 1034D serger

jannw
starstarstarstar
jannw  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Washington USA
Member since 9/3/06
Send Message

thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 11/26/13 11:41 AM

I just finished reading that and came here...it doesn't look like the burgundy blazer fits the model either.....

Is it only me or is that model painfully thin? I found it hard to look at her....

------
2009-113.25 yds
2010-115.5
2011-80.25+30+donated
2012 86.3 yds..
2013 21.0
Everyone who sews seriously has a stockpile of fabrics, because it is natural to purchase more than can be sewn in any one season" Singer, Timesaving Sewing, 1987

emm0119
emm0119
Advanced Beginner
Member since 1/6/13
Send Message

Date: 11/26/13 11:45 AM

Yeah, the jacket is folding between the shoulder and the collar, and the orange blouse pulling across her bony shoulder isn't a good look, either...

------
~Erin~
Bernina 1130
Brother CS6000i
Brother 1034D serger

marec
starstarstarstar
marec  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Member since 5/11/08
Send Message

thumbsup 2 members like this.

Date: 11/26/13 11:47 AM

I love that zip skirt! I was able to ignore the skinny model because my eyes were wavering from the teeny geometrics.

------
my blog: http://kf-biblioblog.blogspot.com/
Sewing through my pattern stash-145
completed.

sew2006
star
sew2006
Advanced
Ontario CANADA
Member since 6/24/06
Send Message

Subject: Burdas new Attention to Detail Collection Date: 11/26/13 12:49 PM

What rippled seams? My eyes are too watery trying to focus on the background. Reminds me of a caledescope. My brain's trying to figure out if they photoshoped the models onto the background or used a wide paint brush tool to add the busy background to hide construction issues. Looks like too much cropping of the subjects.

I do like the zippered skirt.

------
Janome10001, Babylock ESG3, Brother ULT 2001, White 634D serger, Pfaff 1472, Singer featherweight, Singer 14T957Dc, Bernina FunLock 009DCC coverlock, Brother PQ1500S, Janome CP900.

UrbanFool
UrbanFool  Friend of PR
Intermediate
California USA
Member since 10/19/06
Send Message

Subject: Burdas new Attention to Detail Collection Date: 11/26/13 1:00 PM

LOL! This really is a comedy of errors isn't it? I don't think the model would look quite as thin if her head didn't seem so big. But even in trying to not concentrate on that, I would not have picked many of these fabrics or the prints on them. (And those backgrounds really do make your eyes water.)

I do love that burgundy jacket though (unfortunately, I have boobs and couldn't wear it.) The checkered trench coat is also quite awesome.

------
Kelly

Chopinzee
Chopinzee  Friend of PR
Beginner
Massachusetts USA
Member since 7/27/13
Send Message

Date: 11/26/13 2:15 PM

I think part of the problem is that the model has been photographed against one background and then extracted using photoshop and placed on another (very strange) background... parts of her body have actually been lost in the process (most visible in the orange shirt pic--check out her right arm) making her appear even smaller than she actually is. Photoshop is not responsible for the puckered inseams, though!

Chopinzee
Chopinzee  Friend of PR
Beginner
Massachusetts USA
Member since 7/27/13
Send Message

Date: 11/26/13 2:19 PM

Oh, just figured out that the backgrounds are macro shots of the fabrics used... no wonder it looks so strange!

MrsCharisma
starstarstarstar
MrsCharisma  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Minnesota USA
Member since 2/1/13
Send Message

Subject: Burdas new Attention to Detail Collection Date: 11/26/13 3:25 PM

WHO sews the samples!?!? Gosh. Both pairs of pants look horrific at the seams.

I love the pockets on the wide leg pants. That's reason enough to buy...right? :)

I like the cowlneck dress and love the skirt.

Hate the shoot. I had to navigate away so as to not get a headache!

------
Nakisha
www.sewcraftychemist.blogspot.com
Singer Talent 3321 | Brother 1034D

My Big 4 Sizing: Medium | Tops 14/16 | Pants 18 | Skirts 16/18.

My Measurements: 36 HB | 38.5 FB | 34 W | 44 Hip

beauturbo
beauturbo
Advanced
California USA
Member since 5/2/09
Send Message

Date: 11/26/13 3:48 PM

I don't think those kind of obvious pants wrinkles are a sewing problem, or pants made in any bad way, or even lack of ironing before the photo at all, kind of problem, just that I think it's more and shows up a lot, in that photo, because of the shiny fabric they are made of, it looks like maybe Silk Dupioni or something like that. Also a lot, because of her stance, with the one leg thrown out like that. And the particular lighting in the photo too. As fabric does either reflect or absorb light just like anything else does. If someone else made them, out of non shiny fabric, and was not posed quite that way, and not in the same lighting conditions, I don't think they would even look the same.

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Patterns and Notions >> Burda's new Attention to Detail Collection

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Online Class
Understanding Knit Fabrics
Understanding Knit Fabrics

Class Details

Online Class
Fun with Fitting - BODICE w Darts
Fun with Fitting - BODICE w Darts

Class Details

Candice

Candice

More Info
Favorite Things Uptown Coat Pattern

Favorite Things Uptown Coat Pattern

More Info

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.