SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Platinum Sponsor
PatternReview.com
PatternReview.com

Forum > Quilters' Corner > Complex quilt designs ( Moderated by Sharon1952)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Complex quilt designs
I am obsessed!
Warbler
star
Warbler  Friend of PR
Advanced
Vermont USA
Member since 4/15/07
Send Message

thumbsup 3 members like this.

Date: 1/1/14 10:02 PM

Everyone knows I love Dear Jane, and Judy Niemeyer, and Kim McLean, or Toni Whitney quilts so whats another obsessively complex project to the list of quilts I want to make!

------
Janome MC6600 Bernina 240 Juki MO735 Singer 201-2 Singer 221-1

Kippysan
star
Kippysan
Intermediate
Member since 4/19/11
Send Message

thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 1/1/14 10:18 PM

Oh gosh, that's stunning. I can only aspire to this level of project - maybe in another 5 years.

I guess your bucket list is a lot longer than mine........

Franksdottir

Franksdottir  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
Member since 4/25/08
Send Message

In reply to Warbler <<

Date: 1/1/14 10:32 PM

We like what we like in life, it is just how it is. I love this basket quilt but I wouldn't have the patience to do it. Kudos to you!

------
Barb

Warbler
star
Warbler  Friend of PR
Advanced
Vermont USA
Member since 4/15/07
Send Message

In reply to Kippysan <<

Date: 1/1/14 10:37 PM

Bucket list... HaHahahaHaHahaha

------

Warbler
star
Warbler  Friend of PR
Advanced
Vermont USA
Member since 4/15/07
Send Message

In reply to Franksdottir <<
thumbsup 2 members like this.

Date: 1/1/14 10:43 PM

You know I made two quilt tops this week both from precuts... My sister sends them to me because I won't buy them myself. My sister is not a quilter but she loves fabric and loves to send me packages. So I am using the precuts to make baby quilts for my nieces and nephews or rather her grandchildren. It's a win/win. But as much as I love these crazy big projects, I am very much appreciating the simplicity and ease precuts bring to making quilts in a hurry.

------

Learn To Sew
star
Learn To Sew  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
Member since 4/12/05
Send Message

Date: 1/1/14 10:49 PM

Great pattern. However I would want to change the size of the baskets to something I can see... Too many tiny pieces. I do love the pattern, though.

------
Bernina 630, my much loved main machine
Bernina embroidery module
Pfaff 2036 my back up & travel machine
Babylock Molly, mechanical
Bernina 1200DA serger
Unique Sewing Cabinet 450L

Kippysan
star
Kippysan
Intermediate
Member since 4/19/11
Send Message

In reply to Warbler <<

Date: 1/1/14 11:21 PM

Ooooo, you lucky woman. What a great sister to support your hobby! That's pretty darn quick to whip up two tops in one week.
I'm too cheap to buy the precuts, but I sure appreciate the speediness they would add to the process of making a baby quilt.

Anyhoo, congratulations on having a sibling who supports your hobby! I'm lucky in the same way. Just saw my sister at Christmas. Her son died last July and she's still trying to get herself interested in any activity at this point. So I was delighted to have her show me 8 baby-sized quilt tops she had just whipped up using her "juveniles" fabric stash. At least she's got her sewing mojo back for a while anyway.

Sew on, ladies! No matter what size the fabric piece is........

Kippy

SouthernStitch
starstarstar
SouthernStitch  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Member since 8/24/02
Send Message

In reply to Warbler <<

Date: 1/1/14 11:48 PM

Oh Warbler! I will live vicariously through you on this one! All those baskets would drive me to the brink. That's a LOT of work! But, I'm glad you enjoy this intricate style of quilting.
Heck, I am making my first lined jacket in decades. Lots of hand stitching involved. So maybe there is hope for me with detailed quiltig someday!

------
Bernina 780, and 530
Juki TL2010
Babylock Evolution
Singer 403a

When life gives you green velvet curtains, make a green velvet dress.

Warbler
star
Warbler  Friend of PR
Advanced
Vermont USA
Member since 4/15/07
Send Message

Date: 1/2/14 10:01 AM

I have the book with this pattern in it the handle is a separate piece but that tiny diamond in the center is reverse appliqué, but I bet one could make the whole basket in on piece.

Really need to control my urge to adopt these big projects. I've too many of them. I'm not so sure I'll live long enough to finish them all. I do have to give credit to the maker as she made her 92x92 quit in 4 months. That's 309 blocks in roughly 120 days, which is 2-3 blocks a day. Hmmm... AND it's more blocks than the Dear Jane quilt.

------

Cat n Bull
star
Cat n Bull  Friend of PR
North Carolina USA
Member since 2/17/06
Send Message

In reply to Warbler <<

Date: 1/2/14 10:09 AM

What a cool sister! I agree that it IS nice to have some pre-cuts handy when you want to sew a simple or quick project- just makes it that much simpler or that much quicker!

A basic quilt of just squares happens to be one of my favorites. I love the they look! I have been eyeing some layer cakes I have in gorgeous gorgeous florals and thinking I want to see every bit I can of these squares and don't want to cut them. Probably just sew them together and not waste a bit of the beautiful fabric!

Then I will be in a nice refreshed mental state to tackle a very complex design like this:
Little Houses

Barb once again says it just like I thought it- We love what we love and there is no use fighting it! The quilts I am drawn to the most are usually quite complex also.

The little baskets are so cute!

------
Cathryn

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Quilters' Corner >> Complex quilt designs

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Sewing Basics
Sewing Basics

Register

Sewing Facings and Developing Facing Patterns
Sewing Facings and Developing Facing Patterns

Register

Favorite Things Little Hip Skirts Pattern

Favorite Things Little Hip Skirts Pattern

Buy Now
Jamie Christina Mission Maxi Paper Pattern

Jamie Christina Mission Maxi Paper Pattern

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.