SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Platinum Sponsor
PatternReview.com
PatternReview.com

Forum > Sewing Machines > Pfaff v/s Juki F600 ( Moderated by Sharon1952, EleanorSews)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Pfaff v/s Juki F600
trying to decide if I should change brands
Connie F
Connie F
Advanced
North Carolina USA
Member since 4/8/13
Send Message

Date: 1/2/14 4:02 PM

HELP!!!! I am a Pfaff lover until this machine.....I have been sewing on Pfaffs for over 23 years now. I have NEVER questioned changing brands until now. I have a beautiful purple Pfaff Creative Performance. I was so excited when I got it, but IT WILL NOT sew a STRAIGHT straight seam to save it's life It has had a new motherboards as well as a new complete tension mechanism installed and it still has wobbly stitches......is this a result of a top loading bobbin? All my other machines are front load bobbins. I have pulled out objects I have made on my 7570 just to make sure I am not imaging what I think a straight stitch should look like and they are STRAIGHT with NO WOBBLES!

We now have a Juki dealer around the corner from the Pfaff dealer so I can go actually put my hands on one and try it out. I really would like to hear from other who have either of these machines. The embroidery seems to be working on the Pfaff so I can still use it for that.......just really not sure what to do...........so upset I just want to

I have just about EVERY Pfaff accessory there is to have too, so that is weighing heavy! HELP!!!!

clotheshorse
star
clotheshorse  Friend of PR
Intermediate
British Columbia CANADA
Member since 3/24/10
Send Message

In reply to Connie F <<

Date: 1/2/14 4:12 PM

Sorry to hear of the problems with your machine. This must be extremely frustrating! I have had a few minor glitches with my machine, but nothing like this. You are correct in thinking it should sew a perfectly nice straight seam. If I were in your situation, I would go straight to Pfaff if need be and have them replace the machine or refund your money. Best of luck to you

------
Viking D1, 1+, Pfaff 7570, Singer 503 Rocketeer, 66, 15-91, 301, Featherweight 6 Flock, Babylock Enlighten & CS and Pfaff Creative Performance

LindaBee58
LindaBee58
ITALY
Member since 7/10/09
Send Message

In reply to Connie F <<

Date: 1/2/14 5:25 PM

I have both the Pfaff Creative Performance and the Juki F600.
Both can do a lovely straight stitch.

First of all becareful on the brand of thread you are using. Some threads can make bad stitches.
Wobbly stitches is nearly always due to the tension not being right.
Try doing tests on a medium cotton fabric with 2 different coloured threads, (one colour in the bobbin and another in the needle) better if they are pastel colours (not black or other darks). First sew a straight stitch and then a zig zag stitch and look to see where the stitches are wobbly (on the top or bottom of the fabric). See if your zig zag stitch is perfect on both sides.
You do need to spare a little of your time to set it right but it is worth it.
On both my machines I did have to turn the screw just a little on the bobbin case to get good stitches.
My Juki needs to have the upper tension on +1 or +2 to make a perfect straight stitch on a medium cotton.
If you can't get your PCP to do good stitches then it would be better asking your Tech to make your machine work like it should.
Good luck.
Linda

-- Edited on 1/2/14 5:27 PM --

Clareew
star
Clareew  Friend of PR
Intermediate
UNITED KINGDOM
Member since 5/10/06
Send Message

thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 1/2/14 5:41 PM

I had a Pfaff 2036 which would only use straight wound thread and would not sew on knits. Even my teacher couldn't get it todo free motion work reliably.

I replaced it with a Juki F600 and haven't looked back. I may get another Pfaff in the future, but having a lemon does put you off for a while.

------
Clare

Machines: Juki F600, Juki 654 serger, Bernina 550 for art work, Janome Coverpro 1000cp barely used
A Singer Featherweight Centennial and an old Necci in the loft waiting for TLC

http://art-by-clare.blogspot.co.uk/

Connie F
Connie F
Advanced
North Carolina USA
Member since 4/8/13
Send Message

In reply to LindaBee58 <<

Date: 1/2/14 5:49 PM

I am using Aurifil 50wt thread for quilting piecework. I am going back to my dealer when I return from New Orleans. I so badly want to love this machine, but it is truly getting the best of me This dealer is not who I purchased it from. They have been nothing but wonderful, but I am just at wits end as I am sure they are!!!
I use to sell Pfaffs (when they were the German machines) & could fix just about any tension problem that my students had, but this one is something else. I have never had a machine have stitches that llok like this.
I am going to try to post a picture of the stitches to see what y'all say about them.
I am going to try your suggestions and see if that help! Thanks

Connie F
Connie F
Advanced
North Carolina USA
Member since 4/8/13
Send Message

In reply to clotheshorse <<

Date: 1/2/14 5:52 PM

Thanks. I have called Pfaff a few times about this machine (They have a file for sure because they have recited parts of it back to me!) Last time they were of no help at all
I think I will call them again when I take it to my dealer.....at least then it is documented!

Maia B
star
Maia B  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
Illinois USA
Member since 10/27/10
Send Message

In reply to Connie F <<
thumbsup 2 members like this.

Date: 1/2/14 6:19 PM

How awful! You know for certain this isn't normal for the PCP, as so many others have it and love it, and they wouldn't fail to notice the problems you have. As frustrating as it is, you should keep working to get satisfaction from the PCP.

------
🌸 Plenty of machines, mostly Berninas 🌸

beauturbo
beauturbo
Advanced
California USA
Member since 5/2/09
Send Message

thumbsup 3 members like this.

Date: 1/2/14 8:10 PM

I don't think it's a brand thing between Pfaff and Juki at all, as have sewn on lots of both. I like both actually and not a one brand kind of person at all. I do compare machine to machine (as in models) though when sewing on something, not the brand name that is on it, as that often does not mean much of anything.

I think it's your exact machine, if your machine is doing that instead. Plus you even said they had already changed those other things about it. So obvious it had a problem and sounds like still does.

It's not just because a machine has a top loading bobbin either, instead of the old Pfaff's front loading ones like on a 7570 machine or older either. Tons of machines have had top drop in loading bobbins (even old Singer 66,99, 401 or whatever all the way up to many/most computerized ones) and I've got a bunch of them old and newer-ish and they all sew perfectly fine straight stitches and that (if yours does not) is not some normal characteristic of a top kind of loading bobbin, just because it's a top loading bobbin either.

If I sewed straight lines of straight stitches from all my maybe over 25 machines, and then mixed up the samples, actually no one, and not even me, could ever even match them back to the machine I sewed them out on. They all would actually look good and fine. So I think it's probably your machine as in the one that is right in front of you now really. Maybe you need to bring it back again?
-- Edited on 1/2/14 8:16 PM --
-- Edited on 1/2/14 8:22 PM --

clotheshorse
star
clotheshorse  Friend of PR
Intermediate
British Columbia CANADA
Member since 3/24/10
Send Message

In reply to Connie F <<
thumbsup 2 members like this.

Date: 1/2/14 9:07 PM

It isn't right that a brand new machine should need it's motherboard and tension assembly replaced. If the tension assembly was replaced, the factory or dealer should have tested the stitches and sent the machine back to you in perfect working order. How about posting your question on Pfaff's Facebook page? Maybe that will get their attention. I do agree with Beauturbo, I don't think Pfaff is a bad brand, but you certainly seem to have ended up with a lemon. It does seem also that Juki and Babylock are known for the best customer service. I haven't tried a Juki but they do get rave reviews.

------
Viking D1, 1+, Pfaff 7570, Singer 503 Rocketeer, 66, 15-91, 301, Featherweight 6 Flock, Babylock Enlighten & CS and Pfaff Creative Performance

ajoseph
ajoseph  Friend of PR
Member since 10/10/12
Send Message

In reply to Connie F <<

Date: 1/2/14 9:35 PM

take a load off. if the machine can't straight stitch the way u want.......why worry about the accessories? keep the machine for what it does well and look elsewhere for a great straight stitcher. go test the Juki brand. only u will know if the Juki straight stitch pleases you. good luck. i understand your frustration completely. in my youth i had a simple Pfaff, a simple Kenmore, a Bernina 830 Record, plus i stitched on old Singers and industrial machines. i never had a problem with anything. either i just didn't know the difference or less is more.

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Sewing Machines >> Pfaff v/s Juki F600

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Blueprints to Blue Jeans
Blueprints to Blue Jeans

Register

Sew a Designer Unlined Jacket
Sew a Designer Unlined Jacket

Register

Self Drafted Pattern 99383-1000

photo
by: julliams

Review
PerfectFuseTailorUltra Black

PerfectFuseTailorUltra Black

Buy Now
You Sew Girl Beach Bag Pattern

You Sew Girl Beach Bag Pattern

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.