SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Platinum Sponsor
PatternReview.com
PatternReview.com

Forum > Beginner's Forum > A Confession . . . . ( Moderated by EleanorSews)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
A Confession . . . .
Ineedaname
Ineedaname
Member since 7/21/11
Send Message

thumbsup 24 members like this.

Date: 1/30/14 12:36 PM

I hope that there are others out there like me that are spending far too much time looking through the gallery and reading all of the information on this site than they should be.

I found this site a few months back and quickly became addicted. I spend so much time reading reviews then clicking on blogs and getting sucked in to the depths of the internet. I thoroughly enjoy reading blogs and learning about different techniques that I want to try, patterns I want to sew and fabric stores online that I want to visit. I can't stop!

How do you all balance it? I have sewed a few things but no where near what others have.

I feel much better now that I've confessed - now off to check some more blogs. Thanks for listening!

westmoon
star
westmoon  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
United Kingdom
Member since 9/7/11
online now
Send Message

thumbsup 20 members like this.

Date: 1/30/14 12:39 PM

I am the worst! I spend far more time thinking about sewing, reading about sewing and planning my sewing (and buying fabric!) than I do actually sewing! I do love the sewing aspect but actually being part of a large distributed group of people with diverse body shapes, tastes, and with such a range of creative ideas is one of the things that has kept me interested in sewing even when ill-health and logistical problems meant that actually physically sewing things was less possible.

------
http://sewingnovice.blogspot.co.uk/
One woman. One sewing machine. One giant stack of fabric. What could possibly go wrong?

kathleen1304

kathleen1304  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Washington USA
Member since 5/19/05
Send Message

In reply to Ineedaname <<
thumbsup 17 members like this.

Date: 1/30/14 1:31 PM

My friends call this virtual sewing.

------
Impossible you say? Nothing is impossible when you work for the circus!

Let's make Better Mistakes Tomorrow

KensingtonCrab
KensingtonCrab
Advanced Beginner
South Carolina USA
Member since 2/13/09
Send Message

thumbsup 2 members like this.

Date: 1/30/14 1:41 PM

Quote: Ineedaname

How do you all balance it?

I have no balance! Like you, I spend so much time looking at PR and I've joined the 30 minute a day thread, the stash sew a long thread, and the monthly sew a long thread to motivate me to sew more and it can be accomplished if I'd get off the computer!

Welcome to PR! The more the merrier!

------
Carpe diem!

MrsCharisma
starstarstarstar
MrsCharisma  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Minnesota USA
Member since 2/1/13
Send Message

Date: 1/30/14 2:02 PM

I love that Kathleen! hahaha!!!!

I totally check PR first thing everyday. I love it here. Then I check my blog feed. Then I check PR (lol!)

I get the bulk of my sewing in on the weekends but aim for at least 15 minutes per day in the sewing room.

------
Nakisha
www.sewcraftychemist.blogspot.com
Singer Talent 3321 | Brother 1034D

My Big 4 Sizing: Medium | Tops 14/16 | Pants 18 | Skirts 16/18.

My Measurements: 36 HB | 38.5 FB | 34 W | 44 Hip

Ineedaname
Ineedaname
Member since 7/21/11
Send Message

Date: 1/30/14 2:10 PM

I'm so glad I'm not alone! I'm hoping to start watching a Craftsy class I bought tonight and stay off of PR (for a while anyway). I'll let you know how it works out for me!

ShantiSeamstressing
star
ShantiSeamstressing
Advanced Beginner
Member since 6/11/10
Send Message

In reply to westmoon <<
thumbsup 4 members like this.

Date: 1/30/14 2:45 PM

Quote: westmoon
I do love the sewing aspect but actually being part of a large distributed group of people with diverse body shapes, tastes, and with such a range of creative ideas is one of the things that has kept me interested in sewing even when ill-health and logistical problems meant that actually physically sewing things was less possible.

So eloquently stated! And true!
Sheseams
star
Sheseams
Advanced
Member since 4/22/09
Send Message

In reply to KensingtonCrab <<
thumbsup 7 members like this.

Date: 1/30/14 3:03 PM

Oh there is a monthly sew along thread.............am on it! Oh and yes you are not alone, I check about 3 times and day and stay on about a 1/2 each time

------
Keeping myself together one stitch at a time.

http://sheseams.blogspot.com

Mangosteen25
Mangosteen25
Intermediate
AUSTRALIA
Member since 1/6/14
Send Message

thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 1/31/14 7:09 AM

I've only discovered PR recently too and am often on here in the evening when I can't sew. My machine is old and far too loud to sew much in the evening (sadly my partner hates the noise my machine makes, and I have to agree it's not conducive to anyone else relaxing in the same room). It's also on the kitchen table when I'm sewing as we have no space for a separate sewing area. Makes for a big mess!

Mangosteen25
Mangosteen25
Intermediate
AUSTRALIA
Member since 1/6/14
Send Message

Date: 1/31/14 7:09 AM

I've only discovered PR recently too and am often on here in the evening when I can't sew. My machine is old and far too loud to sew much in the evening (sadly my partner hates the noise my machine makes, and I have to agree it's not conducive to anyone else relaxing in the same room). It's also on the kitchen table when I'm sewing as we have no space for a separate sewing area. Makes for a big mess!

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Beginner's Forum >> A Confession . . . .

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Online Class
Sewing with Slippery & Drapey Fabrics
Sewing with Slippery & Drapey Fabrics

Class Details

Online Class
Break your Serger Out of the Box
Break your Serger Out of the Box

Class Details

McCall's 2460

photo
by: cowgirlbb

Review
Past Patterns 811

photo
by: KiwiWendy

Review
Petite Plus 601 Pattern

Petite Plus 601 Pattern

More Info
SewBaby Easy to Sew Baby Layette Pattern

SewBaby Easy to Sew Baby Layette Pattern

More Info

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.