SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Patterns and Notions > Joann's Sales Flyer - Always late ( Moderated by Sharon1952)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Joann's Sales Flyer - Always late
Does this happen to others.
kayco
kayco  Friend of PR
Beginner
CA USA
Member since 6/3/12
Send Message

thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 2/20/14 9:48 AM

My mailed sales flyer from Joann's always arrives late. The most recent flyer which starts on 2/16 arrived yesterday on 2/19. Sometimes its even later than that. I live a metro area in Calif so I don't think its a pony express problem (lol). I'm wondering if others consistently receive their flyer late? You'd think it would arrive before the sales start (just saying).

------
Palace - Babylock Ovation - She makes me feel like a Princess
Cricket - Bernina Artista 730e - Steady, Smart and Sweet
Renee - Berina 1150MDA - My Tiny Dancer

Changma
star
Changma  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
NY USA
Member since 2/20/12
Send Message

Date: 2/20/14 9:56 AM

While I like to look at the actual flyer, I have the Joann's app on my android-easier to carry it with me if I happen to be driving past.

I'm sure there's one for iPhone...

kayco
kayco  Friend of PR
Beginner
CA USA
Member since 6/3/12
Send Message

Date: 2/20/14 10:05 AM

thanks for reminding me of that. I have the app, but usually only use it when checking out with coupons.

------

Kwaaked
Kwaaked
Member since 9/25/12
Send Message

Subject: Joanns Sales Flyer - Always late Date: 2/20/14 10:06 AM

I get mine after the sales, like I just got January sales in the mail a few days ago. Hancock's doesn't even bother sending them to me at all.

Trying to get it straightened has never worked (7+ years), so I keep up on the website when I get in the mood for a Simplicity sale. For everything else, I use my ClubBMV.

I will say this much about it: I have found online sources for everything I need that is usually 40% or more less then the store and better quality. Considering that I don't live in a metro area and a trip to town is an ordeal (not a joke), I don't feel like I've missed out on too much plus I save money off impulse buys I would otherwise make.

kayco
kayco  Friend of PR
Beginner
CA USA
Member since 6/3/12
Send Message

In reply to Kwaaked <<

Date: 2/20/14 10:23 AM

I agree price and quality can be hit or miss with Joann's, but (are you sitting down) I have 3 Joanns and 2 Hancocks within 15 minutes of my home and 2 of those are directly between home and work. With a coupon and a quick in/out that twin needle I want NOW is a good deal. RE:Patterns, because I'm in CA, Club BMV charges me both tax and shipping and they tax the shipping along with the price so it is cheaper for me to buy patterns brick and motar. Mostly I'm just baffled that the flyer is always late (whine whine whine).

------

MartiP
MartiP  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Member since 9/5/12
Send Message

Subject: Joanns Sales Flyer - Always late Date: 2/20/14 10:23 AM

Mine is many times late also.
When that happens, I go to their website. there is a link to "Weekly flyer" at the bottom of the page. This works for me as I do not have a smartphone. An easy way to get coupons to print out is to "Like" them on Facebook. I regularly see links to them there.

------
MartiP

Ruckertt's Law; There is nothing so small that it can't be blown out of proportion.

Bernina 1230 Bernette 007D
Brother CS6000i Brother 2340 CV
New Home L372
Singer 221K (off white)
U.S Blindstitch, Model SL 718/2D
Simplicity SE2
Brother 700II

Mufffet
starstarstarstar
Mufffet  Friend of PR
Intermediate
VT USA
Member since 8/14/05
Send Message

Date: 2/20/14 10:32 AM

I always get it before it is good! It did not used to come on time, but it sure does now - try letting them know in an email to the home office from the website! They are always offering good deals so it's nice to have them on time! I just got back from a raid on the home dec fabric where I really got a nice price on almost 8 yards of fabric. All home dec fabric is 50% off this week.

------
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
--Dalai Lama

I have sewing machines

MrsCharisma
starstarstarstar
MrsCharisma  Friend of PR
Intermediate
MN USA
Member since 2/1/13
Send Message

Subject: Joanns Sales Flyer - Always late Date: 2/20/14 12:03 PM

Never with JoAnn, but ALWAYS with Hancock since I moved. Makes me mad.

Kayco, me too! I have 3 JoAnns and 2 Hancocks. I love it!

------
Nakisha
www.sewcraftychemist.blogspot.com
Singer Talent 3321 | Brother 1034D

My Big 4 Sizing: Medium | Tops 14/16 | Pants 18 | Skirts 16/18.

My Measurements: 36 HB | 38.5 FB | 34 W | 44 Hip

Jewel Smith
Jewel Smith  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
CA USA
Member since 1/3/14
Send Message

Subject: Joanns Sales Flyer - Always late Date: 2/20/14 12:38 PM

I'm in a metro area of CA as well and I didn't even realize I hadn't received the latest mailer until I saw your post. They used to arrive early, but they have been later for the past year or so. Hancock's has my email but stopped sending me mailers even though I do go in and give my phone number each time; I even updated my information with them recently.

------
Jewel - Sewing in the Sun

frame
star
frame
USA
Member since 2/19/04
Send Message

In reply to kayco <<
thumbsup 2 members like this.

Date: 2/20/14 12:39 PM

Mine isn't always late, but this last one was. I just don't rely on it.

I go to Joann's website where they have their current ads all posted. If you are interested mostly in pattern sales, there is a pinned thread here called "Pattern Sales" or something like that. Someone always posts the upcoming pattern sales long before I receive my flyer.That's so nice.

Get on their email list, you will receive coupons every other day. Sign up for their app on your iPod, iPhone, or android or both or all and you will get coupons. As long as the bar code number is different on the coupons you can use them during one purchase. You can't stack them or combine them, but if you have 4 items you can use 4 coupons. I hope that makes sense. I wouldn't even pay full price for a pack of needles at Joann's.

------
"framed" was taken
"I meant what I said, and I said what I meant." - Horton(Dr. Seuss)

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Patterns and Notions >> Joann's Sales Flyer - Always late

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Sewing Basics
Sewing Basics

Register

Altering Jackets
Altering Jackets

Register

Stretch & Sew 744

photo
by: Miss Fairc...

Review
Kwik Sew 2881

photo
by: SamF

Review
Petite Plus V202 VHS

Petite Plus V202 VHS

Buy Now
Sew Liberated Huck Finn Cap

Sew Liberated Huck Finn Cap

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.