SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Platinum Sponsor
PatternReview.com
PatternReview.com

Forum > Fabrics and more... > Fabric Bundles from Fabric Mart ( Moderated by CynthiaSue)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Fabric Bundles from Fabric Mart
Example: Small 6yd Fabric Bundle
kajero
kajero  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
Minnesota USA
Member since 9/8/12
Send Message

Date: 2/23/14 2:39 PM

Has anyone ever purchased one of these? If you did what did you think. I am just curious. I probably have enough fabric in my stash to offer one of these myself.

Small 6yd Fabric Bundle
SKU: CXB781

Fabric Bundle may include but is not limited to:

Size: Minimim of 1 to 3 yard pieces
(total 6 yards)
Color: an assortment of colors and/or prints
Content: May include cotton, knits, silk, wool, etc.
Width: may range from 45" - 60"
May include Designer fabric
Retail Value of these bundles are $55.00 and higher!
Great for a small project!

Please note:
Discounts and coupons do not apply to any bundles
Picture shown is an example, not the bundle you will receive
We do not take requests
Limit 1 Bundle per order
Our price: $10.00

------
Kathy

My Personal Blog: kathysthreads.wordpress.com
My sewing dream: Make a really great fitting pair of pants!

dmh1
dmh1
Intermediate
North Carolina USA
Member since 1/13/13
Send Message

In reply to kajero <<
thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 2/23/14 3:31 PM

I've gotten a couple of these bundles. Some fabrics were hits, some were misses. The last time around I got a nice bit of corduroy that I hope to use in a skirt, a lovely ivory lacy knit that I used for two camisoles, some horribly ugly green silky something or other that I'll use as a muslin, and a really nice border print cotton that will make a nice spring skirt (it will have to be lined). Hope that helps.

------
Michelle

SM: Janome DC2013 & Singer Futura Quintet
Serger: Janome Magnolia 7034D
Coverstitch: Singer 14T968DC

Kwaaked
Kwaaked
Member since 9/25/12
Send Message

Date: 2/23/14 5:04 PM

My last 3 free had merino wools and cord in it. Most of them was in my color range, too.

Many times, they seem to try to send things with colorways you've ordered and similar fabrics.

Not always, though. I've had many hits and a few misses.

MrsCharisma
starstarstarstar
MrsCharisma  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Minnesota USA
Member since 2/1/13
online now
Send Message

thumbsup 2 members like this.

Date: 2/23/14 5:11 PM

There a couple old threads about the bundles. I ordered them twice. Was unhappy with both. Never ordered again.

I always rethink it when someone posts about their fabulous bundle! But then... Lol!

My bundle fabrics have only been used as muslin.

------
Nakisha
www.sewcraftychemist.blogspot.com
Singer Talent 3321 | Brother 1034D

My Big 4 Sizing: Medium | Tops 14/16 | Pants 18 | Skirts 16/18.

My Measurements: 36 HB | 38.5 FB | 34 W | 44 Hip

sarah in nyc

sarah in nyc
Advanced
New York USA
Member since 1/8/05
Send Message

In reply to MrsCharisma <<
thumbsup 3 members like this.

Date: 2/23/14 6:45 PM

I have traded some of the unfortunate for me fabrics from bundles with others on this list.

I have also used some as interfacing in various projects.

Best of all I have turned some of my least favorite fabrics into some of my favorite clothes. I was willing to take risks in ways that I otherwise would be too afraid to. I have fond memories of some of those garmetns that have been worn to death ( a blue poly suiting free form bustled skirt, or an outfit of a surplice top and rectangular godet skit make out of dark blue poly shantung...both were garments that got me stopped on the street with compliments...I never ever would have chosen those fabrics on my own)

the dreadful color of death beige knit made a great lining for a mesh dress and for a black lace dress that I wore to half a dozen weddings. I have learned to not hate any of the fabrics that came in a fabric mart bundle...even if I thought they were as ugly as sin when i opened the package.

------
sarah in nyc
www.sewnewyork.blogspot.com

simplystitches
simplystitches
New York USA
Member since 2/12/06
Send Message

Date: 2/23/14 8:07 PM

It's sort of like playing the lottery. They can be hit or miss. I've ordered two.

One bundle had a 4-5 yd. piece that was a pure silk stripe that perfectly matched the wool melton I'd ordered for a coat. The same bundle had another piece of silk, slightly more than a yard. I still have some of the silk stripe in the stash.

Debbie

MrsCharisma
starstarstarstar
MrsCharisma  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Minnesota USA
Member since 2/1/13
online now
Send Message

thumbsup 7 members like this.

Date: 2/23/14 8:57 PM

Oh Sarah I wish. Seriously. I got the stuff from under the bottom of the bin. Under.

------
Nakisha
www.sewcraftychemist.blogspot.com
Singer Talent 3321 | Brother 1034D

My Big 4 Sizing: Medium | Tops 14/16 | Pants 18 | Skirts 16/18.

My Measurements: 36 HB | 38.5 FB | 34 W | 44 Hip

wendyrb
wendyrb  Friend of PR
Advanced
Member since 12/30/11
Send Message

Date: 2/23/14 9:12 PM

Mine were entirely misses for me. I gave away asap the few genuinely hideous pieces. One was great, but not how I sew, gave away. Another was absolutely not me; DD plucked it out of the give-away bag saying- Love It. However, she does not sew. Lesson learned; I'll pick out my own fabrics since I'm picky. I rarely buy online and only with a swatch. Clearly, I don't click with bundles, but cheerio to those who do.

------
Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat them. Andy Rooney

Pfonzie- my honey Pfaff Creative Performance, Bernina 930 and 830, Evolution serger.

61sew4fun
61sew4fun
Expert/Couture
Washington USA
Member since 4/13/12
Send Message

In reply to MrsCharisma <<

Date: 2/23/14 9:15 PM

Wait, aren't you on the fabric fast blog?

------
61sew4fun

dinagideon
star
dinagideon
Advanced Beginner
Virginia USA
Member since 7/23/13
Send Message

thumbsup 2 members like this.

Date: 2/23/14 9:16 PM

I am a right fool for the bundles, but I enjoy giving fabric away, so if something doesn't suit me, usually one of my good friends or one of my relatives will want it for something they want to make. My church also has an arts and crafts club that is always looking for fabric for projects, so they receive some as well. :)

I have received some gorgeous fabrics, especially of the wool knit variety, and a few very nicely made ponte knits. I think they see navy cotton and place it in my bundles since I have received a ridiculous number of navy cottons from them, but, hey, my kids go to Catholic school and their uniform is (!!!) navy cotton pants/skirts/shorts/skorts, so yay, serendipity.

I personally don't love ITY plain-colored knits or any sort of activewear fabric, and have received some of those, but again, for the kids' clothing, or for me for knitwear muslins.

I think my most favorite items are the prints in any form, since I am a big fan of printed clothing. This was in my bundle a few months back, so I can attest to its loveliness. I think mine is destined for pants, but since I received a bit of it (maybe 2.5 yds?), I may make a summer dress and shorts instead.

Anyhow I am not one to enable, but for my life, my love of fabric that comes cheaply and can be of many uses, and the fact that I sew for many others and know people who sew for many others, I can take the risk on ordering the bundles from time to time.

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Fabrics and more... >> Fabric Bundles from Fabric Mart

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

The Contemporary Couture Jacket
The Contemporary Couture Jacket

Register

Sewing with Slippery & Drapey Fabrics
Sewing with Slippery & Drapey Fabrics

Register

Burda 7285

photo
by: miausiau

Review
Sewing Workshop Chopin Blouse Pattern

Sewing Workshop Chopin Blouse Pattern

Buy Now
Sewing Workshop Stella and Luna Tops

Sewing Workshop Stella and Luna Tops

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.