SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Patterns and Notions > Customer service issues with McCalls online order ( Moderated by Sharon1952)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Customer service issues with McCalls online order
Order not received
wingsofpoesy
wingsofpoesy
Member since 6/25/11
Send Message

Date: 4/8/14 3:35 PM

Hi, I hope there is someone here who often orders online from Kwik Sew/McCalls. I am having problems with their customer service and would like some advice.

On March 5, I ordered one Kwik Sew pattern during a $3.99 sale. I paid immediately via PayPal (it was paid to McCalls, who owns Kwik Sew and manages their website). I didn't open a Kwik Sew account, so I used guest checkout. After checkout, I received an email notifying me of the purchase and it stated that I will receive a shipping notification email upon shipment. After a week passed, I never received any notice, so I assumed the order was shipped. On their website, it states that orders are processed every business day.

I patiently waited a month, and the order never arrived. It is now April 8. I'm located in western Canada, and McCall's office is in New York. A few days ago, I contacted McCall's customer service via their online form, and received a reply today. They told me that my order was shipped, but my mailing address is undeliverable and the order was returned to their office. My address is entered exactly correct in the order information and PayPal account. I always use this address for online shipments, and never had a problem with undeliverable mail. The customer service agent said that, in order for them to re-ship the order, I have to pay shipping again. They never provided a tracking number showing proof that the order was undeliverable.

I find their customer service to be outrageous and I refuse to repay shipping: 1. They never provided me with a tracking number or notice that my order was shipped. 2. They expect me to repay shipping, when I have no proof that my order was shipped in the first place. 3. It should be McCalls' responsibility to contact me if my order was undeliverable and returned. 4. It should be McCalls' responsibility to repay for shipping, since I entered the address correctly and it is not my fault the package was undeliverable.

I feel like they are lying to me about the undeliverable package. I suspect my order was never shipped. Has anyone experienced problems with McCalls customer service? Should I open a PayPal dispute?

Thank you for reading this.
-- Edited on 4/8/14 3:36 PM --
-- Edited on 4/8/14 3:36 PM --

dmh1
star
dmh1
Intermediate
North Carolina USA
Member since 1/13/13
Send Message

thumbsup 3 members like this.

Date: 4/8/14 3:39 PM

I've never had this issue, but I have an account for their website and I live in the U.S. If they are unwilling to provide any kind of tracking information, which would show both the address entered during the ordering process and the delivery status (and whether they ever shipped it at all), then I would definitely open a paypal dispute. I'm sorry this has happened to you!

------
Michelle

SM: Janome DC2013 & Singer Futura Quintet
Serger: Janome Magnolia 7034D
Coverstitch: Singer 14T968DC

diane s
star
diane s  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Oregon USA
Member since 8/24/02
Send Message

Date: 4/8/14 7:01 PM

You how MapQuest has little glitches with streets and addresses, so does shipping software. Every once in a while, I've tried to ship a package and the software will show an undeliverable address. I'll call the customer and customer has lived there for at least 5 years and gets mail no problem. Some software will let you over ride, some won't. If that was indeed the case, McCalls should have called you... and double checked the address. If their software wouldn't let them print, they could hand address the envelope and use a postage meter, or use an alternative address.
If they shipped the pkg Priority the tracking will show it returned to sender....not always the case if they used 1st class. There is a record of the tracking # somewhere.....all the shipping software stores it for at least 90 days. I would insist on seeing it.

------
My grandmother taught me to sew when I was 10, and I've been sewing ever since.

andrea.m
andrea.m
Beginner
CANADA
Member since 8/3/03
Send Message

Date: 4/8/14 7:40 PM

I live in BC and BMV patterns usually take 4 to 6 weeks to get to me. I get a shipping notice about a week after purchase. BMV bulk ships all orders to Canada from the US to the Canadian office and then ships off the individual orders to the customer. If you didn't get a shipping notice, I don't think they shipped your order.
Ask BMV if they still have the pattern in stock. My guess is that the discontinued pattern is out of stock and didn't process your order.

PattyE
starstarstar
PattyE  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Member since 9/7/10
Send Message

Date: 4/8/14 9:10 PM

So sorry this happened. It is possible that the postal service messed up and BMV might not be to blame either. I have had an account there since 1999 and never had an issue, but I am in the US.
I honestly don't think they are lying to you. But you should get refunded for the pattern at least, unless you want it still.
I hope you can reach a compromise somehow. :)

------
Stash: 171.845 yds. @ 12.19.14

wingsofpoesy
wingsofpoesy
Member since 6/25/11
Send Message

Date: 4/8/14 9:41 PM

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. This is my first time ordering online from McCalls, so I wasn't sure how their shipping process works or how long it takes. I will contact them for further clarification.

Hauteaway
star
Hauteaway  Friend of PR
Beginner
California USA
Member since 9/5/10
Send Message

In reply to wingsofpoesy <<

Date: 4/9/14 0:14 AM

Don't forget the Paypal option. eBay, which owns PayPal, got fed up with bad sellers a few years ago and became almost aggressively pro-buyer. I'm not saying that KS/McCall's is a bad seller (certainly not on the level of some eBay charlatans) but the end result is that PayPal will probably find in your favor if McCall's cannot prove shipment and refusal of delivery.

------
YAN: Yet Another Nancy

unfinishedprojects
starstar
unfinishedprojects  Friend of PR
Advanced
Alberta Canada
Member since 8/26/07
Send Message

Date: 4/9/14 0:21 AM

I am in central Alberta. I've never received a shipping notification email and most of my orders have taken about a month to arrive.

Give it another week or two...

Kwaaked
Kwaaked
Beginner
Member since 9/25/12
Send Message

Date: 4/9/14 0:56 AM

With them saying the order was returned back to their office, I would assume waiting anymore for a paypal dispute might put her over the 45 day limit.

BrendaR
BrendaR
Intermediate
Virginia USA
Member since 6/13/13
Send Message

Date: 4/9/14 7:09 AM

Try entering your address on the USPS website as if you are shipping something to yourself, and see if there is really a problem with your address.

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Patterns and Notions >> Customer service issues with McCalls online order

Merchants on PR

So Vintage Patterns

Thank You for Joining!
Deals!

Fitz Like a Glove Ironing Board Cover

Made In Australia
Deals!

Patterns from the Past

vintage sewing patterns
Deals!

Reconstructing History

Reconstructing History
Web site

Nature's Fabrics

Natural & Organic Fabrics
Deals!

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Put it on the Bias
Put it on the Bias

Register

Fun with Fitting - PANTS
Fun with Fitting - PANTS

Register

SewBaby Easy to Sew Baby Layette Pattern

SewBaby Easy to Sew Baby Layette Pattern

Buy Now
You Sew Girl Panel Bag

You Sew Girl Panel Bag

Buy Now
McCall's 6278

photo
by: ntpolite

Review

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.