SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Sewing Machines > vintage machine ( Moderated by Sharon1952, EleanorSews)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
vintage machine
need manual
nankc
nankc
Intermediate
Member since 3/10/13
Send Message

thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 4/9/14 2:28 PM

I hope I'm not intruding with this post. I couldn't decide where else to post. I have a vintage Atlas sewing machine model #AAZ-60 which has 16 cams and I cannot find a manual online anywhere. I can find the manual for the straight stitch machine but not this one. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. TIA!

JEF
starstarstar
JEF  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Member since 7/27/05
Board Moderator
Send Message

Subject: Topic moved Date: 4/9/14 8:35 PM

This topic has been moved from Vintage Sewing to Sewing Machines

------
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." --Abraham Lincoln

denise60s
denise60s
Intermediate
Member since 12/25/13
Send Message

Date: 4/13/14 11:06 PM

Since you did find the manual for the straight stitch version of this machine...get that manual! You will at least have threading, oiling and cleaning info.

------
SM's: Nina 450 Aurora, Singers: 66 w/ back clamping feet, 15-91, 221, 500A Rocketeer, Touch Tronic 2000.

TeeGee

TeeGee
Intermediate
International CANADA
Member since 11/13/04
Send Message

In reply to nankc <<

Date: 4/14/14 2:43 AM

Atlas sewing machines were once made by Brother.Can you post a picture of your sewing machine ?

Is your Atlas sewing machine pink like the Atlas straight stitch sewing machine ? If yes,a "Pink Atlas Selectomatic Sewing Machine Instruction Manual" can be found online here,I don't know if that model has cams.

Can you change the headline from "vintage machine" to "vintage Atlas sewing machine manual wanted",or similar ? Someone might recognize the Atlas name and click on the topic,look at the picture and know where to find a manual.Or maybe someone owns a similar looking Brother sewing machine model and the manual can be used too.

Edited to add a picture of an Atlas model AAZ 60 Automatic Zig Zag sewing machine.

-- Edited on 4/14/14 2:55 AM --

rm69
rm69
Member since 5/4/14
Send Message

In reply to nankc <<

Date: 5/4/14 2:44 PM

I also have a vintage Atlas sewing machine that I need a manual for & like you, I cannot find it anywhere! My machines model # is: AAZ-61. You are the closest thing to finding it, that I have come. When I saw your model #, I just about jumped outta my chair! Have you had any luck finding your manual & if so, could you please help me out? I would greatly appreciate it!

rm69
rm69
Member since 5/4/14
Send Message

thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 5/4/14 2:52 PM

How do I post a photo when posting to a topic?

TeeGee

TeeGee
Intermediate
International CANADA
Member since 11/13/04
Send Message

In reply to rm69 <<

Date: 5/4/14 11:47 PM

If your sewing machine is a pink Atlas Selectomatic sewing machine,you can find a manual for sale in my earlier post above.

One can find an Atlas sewing machine threading diagram here and another manual here too.
-- Edited on 5/4/14 11:57 PM --

rm69
rm69
Member since 5/4/14
Send Message

Subject: vintage Atlas sewing machine manual wanted",or similar Date: 5/6/14 11:04 AM

Thank you, TeeGee, but that is still not the correct Atlas, that I have been looking for. I did, however, stumble upon a Brother 211, which does look a lot like mine, so I'm going to do some further research to find out for sure!
I did change my topic title, though, as you suggested. I do not know how to post a picture on here, either!

rm69
rm69
Member since 5/4/14
Send Message

In reply to rm69 <<

Date: 5/6/14 11:05 AM

I guess maybe I didnt change the topic title...I thought I did, so obviously, I dont know how to do that either!

TeeGee

TeeGee
Intermediate
International CANADA
Member since 11/13/04
Send Message

In reply to rm69 <<

Date: 5/6/14 3:29 PM

Quote: rm69
I guess maybe I didnt change the topic title...I thought I did, so obviously, I dont know how to do that either!

Your topic is here.PR is a very busy place and topics disappear from the top to the bottom of the page fast in a couple of days. Just scroll down a bit and you can read your topic's headline.

Many Japanese sewing machines work the same,threading might be a bit different and how the needle and bobbin has to be put into the machine.

If you have a link to your sewing machine picture,you can click on the image button to post a picture of your sewing machine.Maybe one of the PR wizard members can help you.I have no idea if non-paying members can post pictures they have in their PCs.
-- Edited on 5/6/14 3:31 PM --
Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Sewing Machines >> vintage machine

Merchants on PR

Fitz Like a Glove Ironing Board Cover

Made In Australia
Deals!

Patterns from the Past

vintage sewing patterns
Deals!

Reconstructing History

Reconstructing History
Web site

Nature's Fabrics

Natural & Organic Fabrics
Deals!

Elliott Berman Textiles

Fabrics for Greater Ideas
Deals!

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Put it on the Bias
Put it on the Bias

Register

Fun with Fitting - PANTS
Fun with Fitting - PANTS

Register

Kwik Sew 3142

photo
by: FreyaStark

Review
Mimi G Pencil Skirt

photo
by: Sew tell m...

Review
Petite Plus 151 Pattern

Petite Plus 151 Pattern

Buy Now
You Sew Girl 200mm Purse Frame Purse Pattern

You Sew Girl 200mm Purse Frame Purse Pattern

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.