SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Platinum Sponsor
PatternReview.com
PatternReview.com

Forum > Patterns and Notions > Remember that BMV site problem last weekend? ( Moderated by Sharon1952)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Remember that BMV site problem last weekend?
It's doing it again!
jacquiJB
jacquiJB  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
DENMARK
Member since 5/5/06
Send Message

Date: 4/19/14 10:48 AM

I just went to add a pattern to my wishlist and, well, look at that -- my name isn't Franceska!!!

I've left them a message through the contact form, but I'd avoid making an order this weekend.

frame
star
frame
USA
Member since 2/19/04
Send Message

In reply to jacquiJB <<

Date: 4/19/14 11:00 AM

Did you try to contact them?* I bet they have someone on duty this weekend.

*Edited because I see that you did. Sorry, I must have been reading with one eye closed. ;)
-- Edited on 4/19/14 11:56 AM --

------
"framed" was taken
"I meant what I said, and I said what I meant." - Horton(Dr. Seuss)

wendyrb
wendyrb  Friend of PR
Advanced
Member since 12/30/11
Send Message

In reply to jacquiJB <<

Date: 4/19/14 11:05 AM

Thanks for alerting us immediately. I was caught in it last weekend and PR was much more support than Club BMV. I hope they have a clear response in real time. It was extremely worrisome to have no quick reply from them. It appears to have worked out alright for me. Hubby watched our credit card activity and there's nothing suspicious. My correct patterns arrived. However, I'm not over the sinking feeling about all this. It is something to see a PM, from a terrific PR member, that is my exact order with all my personal info except credit card. I wouldn't wish seeing that on anyone. It was very kind to receive the PM to confirm the existing security breech.

They apparently need more time to fix this for good. If you're anything like me, you've got a pattern or 2 in stash good to go?

------
Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat them. Andy Rooney

Pfonzie- my honey Pfaff Creative Performance, Bernina 930 and 830, Evolution serger.

lakaribane
star
lakaribane
Beginner
HAITI
Member since 7/23/07
Send Message

Date: 4/19/14 5:53 PM

I was just on the Butterick site to check and see if their summer collection was up (since the last sale ended yesterday) and I can access the supposed orders of Jeanne M.

This is worrisome…

------
Fashion Maté, where I blog about what I (eventually) sew : http://fashionmate.blogspot.com
Addicted to Pinterest? Me too! : http://pinterest.com/lakaribane/

unfinishedprojects
starstar
unfinishedprojects  Friend of PR
Advanced
Alberta CANADA
Member since 8/26/07
Send Message

thumbsup 4 members like this.

Date: 4/19/14 6:39 PM

Uh-oh! Somebody needs to hire a new web developer.

sew2006
star
sew2006
Advanced
Ontario CANADA
Member since 6/24/06
Send Message

Date: 4/19/14 7:08 PM

I just checked and under orders it lists April 12, Apr 19 including tracking numbers for orders shipped out. The lists of customer orders show up on Vogue, McCall, Butterick and Kwick Sew. I don't have an account at all so it's not a matter of being signed in and accidently seeing another persons order. The fact this happend again means what ever it was unfortunately wasn't fixed properly. Hope from the company's monitoring the site.

------
Janome10001, Babylock ESG3, Brother ULT 2001, White 634D serger, Pfaff 1472, Singer featherweight, Singer 14T957Dc, Bernina FunLock 009DCC coverlock, Brother PQ1500S, Janome CP900.

a7yrstitch
star
a7yrstitch  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Texas USA
Member since 4/1/08
Send Message

In reply to jacquiJB <<
thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 4/19/14 7:21 PM

Thanks everyone for bringing this to our attention - again. Should we all try to keep the topic bumped regularly to help notify other members?

------
I have no idea what Apple thought I was saying so be a Peach and credit anything bizarre to auto correct.

lelliebunny
star
lelliebunny  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Member since 12/24/12
Send Message

thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 4/19/14 7:58 PM

Did you click logout after everything last weekend? I did after it was fixed last week, and it isn't showing that I am logged in. I checked Vogue, Butterick, and McCall's. All say Welcome, Guest.

ETA: I checked on my laptop & iPad. Neither had me logged in to somebody else's account.
-- Edited on 4/19/14 8:01 PM --

------
it doesn't matter what type of sewing you do. you are sewing, and sewing is good.

a7yrstitch
star
a7yrstitch  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Texas USA
Member since 4/1/08
Send Message

Date: 4/19/14 8:55 PM

I checked Vogue and Butterick and it welcomed me as being logged in and needing to update my information. I was not logged in last weekend or for months prior to that. After last weekend's problems, and checking the sites and seeing the problems, I cleared the history and cookies on my iPad, went back to Vogue, saw that it then showed logged out, cleared the IPad again and stayed far away until checking on today's issues.

------
I have no idea what Apple thought I was saying so be a Peach and credit anything bizarre to auto correct.

Nancy1955
star
Nancy1955  Friend of PR
Beginner
USA
Member since 5/10/10
Send Message

Date: 4/19/14 11:11 PM

They have taken the site down. At least that means they are aware of it and must be working on it.

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Patterns and Notions >> Remember that BMV site problem last weekend?

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Leather 101
Leather 101

Register

The Technique of Underlining Garments
The Technique of Underlining Garments

Register

McCall's 5799

photo
by: JeannieWat...

Review
Shapes Four Good Measure Pattern (Size 1-3)

Shapes Four Good Measure Pattern (Size 1-3)

Buy Now
Islander Sewing Systems Men's Classic Dress Shirt Pattern

Islander Sewing Systems Men's Classic Dress Shirt Pattern

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.