SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Sewing Machines > BERNINA/ANITA GOODESIGN PROBLEM SOLVED ( Moderated by Sharon1952, EleanorSews)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
BERNINA/ANITA GOODESIGN PROBLEM SOLVED
FIX FOR CRAZY BEHAVIOR WITH AG
erinsluck
star
erinsluck  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
Member since 11/22/11
Send Message

thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 6/10/14 8:55 AM

About a year ago I went to an AG seminar. Half were Babylocks and half were Bernina 780s and 830s. The Babylocks sewed flawlessly. The Berninas went nuts. No one had an explanation. Now a year later after asking frequently about the solution I was shown that if you open the PES version in Artlink and then write to Bernina 830 780 or whatever, all the problems go away. I had been told by one person to try DST. At the dealer we tried that and lost our color info. With PES it retained all. Just posting in case you also had an issue with this. I can't tell you why it works but perhaps the EXP on the CD is just too generic and makes the machines go nuts. WHEW.

------
Erin "Debbie" Wilson
A variety of machines I love for different reasons but a real sucker for beautiful Bernina 350 Butterfly

frame
star
frame
USA
Member since 2/19/04
Send Message

In reply to erinsluck <<

Date: 6/10/14 10:30 AM

I have no idea what you are talking about. I am blissfully ignorant.

------
"framed" was taken
"I meant what I said, and I said what I meant." - Horton(Dr. Seuss)

Sew Nanny
starstarstar
Sew Nanny  Friend of PR
Intermediate
USA
Member since 8/13/06
Send Message

In reply to erinsluck <<

Date: 6/10/14 11:18 AM

I always use my Bernina DesignerPlus 7 software to transfer designs to a USB stick and then to my machine. I never have a problem.

------
Patricia
Bernina B780E ~ Bernina B380 ~ Juki MO-735
Bernina DesignerPlus 7

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." Eleanor Roosevelt

ISewISew
ISewISew
Beginner
Member since 11/1/10
Send Message

Date: 6/10/14 12:30 PM

Thanks so much for this info!!! I love Anita Goodesigns so I find this very interesting.

annenet
star
annenet  Friend of PR
Advanced
USA
Member since 8/2/03
Send Message

Date: 6/10/14 12:53 PM

Thanks for info - I also put my designs on a USB and never have a problem.

------
So many projects, not enough time
At my house in VA:
Bernina 1010, Activa 220, B580, B780
Singer 201-2, 221, Bernina Serger 1300MDC, BL Enlighten, BL Sashiko, BL Cover Stitch, Consew 75T

At my Lake House in PA:
Bernina Artista 165E, Singer 503A. Bernina Serger 1100d

http://sewingtechie.blogspot.com/

beauturbo
beauturbo
Advanced
California USA
Member since 5/2/09
Send Message

In reply to erinsluck <<
thumbsup 2 members like this.

Date: 6/10/14 1:57 PM

You always loose color info with .dst and .exp formats no matter where you get your embroidery designs from, or what machine you sew them out with. That is normal and always has to be that way. That should not be a surprise or a mystery for some teacher in any class, anyplace.

That is just because, in a .exp or .dst formatted embroidery file, there is no place in it, to even hold any particular color information. Instead, it just holds information on each "color change" as in when you change the physical thread going through a needle, instead.

So that is nothing wrong or unusual about Bernina's or AnitaGoodesign embroidery designs at all. That is just a property of .dst and .exp formatted embroidery designs.

But they (the vendor) make their embroidery designs in Pulse software, and they even give you on the CD that condensed native design format, and just lots of other expanded, stitch based ones too.

But, if you use anyone's embroidery design in .dst or .exp format and the colors are not the same on your machine panel or in your software, that's not a problem, that is to be expected and normal, and just the way it always is. So, you can either just ignore the actual colors (as they only denote a change of color instead) or if you bring a .dst or .exp design into some embroidery digitizing software, you can just change the colors visual you are looking at there, to anything you want. But, the visual colors in a design on a screen someplace, do not matter in .dst or .exp, just because you can still always put any color of thread on the machine you want.

So, it's nothing unusual or special or a problem, about that particular vendors embroidery designs at all, and they all are like that, if sold in .exp or .dst. It's just a function of the .exp and .dst formatted embroidery designs instead.

JanyceR
star
JanyceR  Friend of PR
Beginner
Member since 2/3/07
Send Message

In reply to beauturbo <<

Date: 6/10/14 2:07 PM

As I understand it, Bernina has a 'special' exp format that contains three files I believe. One file is the colors. So by importing the PES file into Artlink (or Designer Plus or Editor) and then exporting to the .exp for the machine the colors are preserved. The export can either be directly to the machine or to the USB stick I believe. But the key is that it is to one of the machines that uses exp (like the 830) so that you get the special Bernina version.

Glad it is working for you now Erinsluck!

------
Bernina 880, Bernina350SE,

SouthernStitch
starstarstar
SouthernStitch  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Member since 8/24/02
Send Message

Date: 6/10/14 11:07 PM

Erinsluck, how did the machines go nuts? Was it just the colors? But, Beauturbo is correct - any teacher should know that, and what Janyce said too! I used to buy EXP and stopped doing that, because of the color problem.
I hate not being able to see the right colors, even if I have the color change sheet right there!

------
Bernina 780, and 530
Juki TL2010
Babylock Evolution
Singer 403a

When life gives you green velvet curtains, make a green velvet dress.

erinsluck
star
erinsluck  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
Member since 11/22/11
Send Message

In reply to SouthernStitch <<

Date: 6/12/14 11:05 PM

Weird hopping stitches. Not cutting jump threads. A total mess. This was the heart design in a workshop. When I heard they now knew what happened I asked them to show me. Not everyone has software. I'm only trying to describe what I was shown. I really don't understand it

------
Erin "Debbie" Wilson
A variety of machines I love for different reasons but a real sucker for beautiful Bernina 350 Butterfly

MochaB
MochaB
Member since 2/8/09
Send Message

In reply to JanyceR <<

Date: 6/13/14 0:35 AM

Great explanation, Janyce! Makes perfect sense.

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Sewing Machines >> BERNINA/ANITA GOODESIGN PROBLEM SOLVED

Merchants on PR

Patterns from the Past

vintage sewing patterns
Deals!

Reconstructing History

Reconstructing History
Web site

Nature's Fabrics

Natural & Organic Fabrics
Deals!

Elliott Berman Textiles

Fabrics for Greater Ideas
Deals!

Style Arc sewing dress patterns

Patterns That Fit
Web site

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

The Contemporary Couture Jacket
The Contemporary Couture Jacket

Register

Put it on the Bias
Put it on the Bias

Register

New Look 6071

photo
by: margy.64

Review
Burda 7494

photo
by: hayleemari...

Review
Lolita Patterns Gunmetal

Lolita Patterns Gunmetal

Buy Now
You Sew Girl 150mm Poppet Purse Pattern

You Sew Girl 150mm Poppet Purse Pattern

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.