SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Platinum Sponsor
PatternReview.com
PatternReview.com

Forum > Sewing Machines > Ellisimo Gold Discontinued? ( Moderated by Sharon1952, EleanorSews)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Ellisimo Gold Discontinued?
Sewing Insight Review
candlemoon
candlemoon
Intermediate
Ohio USA
Member since 12/21/13
Send Message

Date: 6/21/14 11:27 PM

Read on Sewing Insight that the Baby Lock Ellisimo Gold will be discontinued. Review states in April 2014 in one spot and August 2014 in another. I added a comment asking about the date but it was removed an hour or so after posting. Wondering if this is accurate or if anyone has heard anything else about this.

sewdoggie22
star
sewdoggie22  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Oregon USA
Member since 8/6/12
Send Message

thumbsup 4 members like this.

Date: 6/22/14 7:35 AM

I purchased the Gold 2 a few months ago. The dealer told me a new model is coming out in August or Sept.

I hope the new model has a more sophisticated computer. They could also drop the icon of the crying baby when the machine has a problem. Bobbin out of thread - crying baby, upper needle thread broken - crying baby. For crying out loud!

Melinda In Tulsa
star
Melinda In Tulsa  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Member since 9/15/03
Send Message

Date: 6/22/14 1:11 PM

It wouldnt surprise me if they did since it came out in 2008. But if so, you can bet the new one will even more extroidinary! (And more expensive!)

------
Melinda

We had to get rid of the kids, the dogs are allergic

Babylock Unity, Symphony, Serenade, Imagine Wave, BL Coverstitch, BL Emore, BL Embellisher, Juki TL2010Q, Pfaff 7570, Kenmore 385.1915, Kenmore 158.1914, Kenmore 158.1430, Brother PE 150, 1938 Singer Featherweight, 1896 Singer 27 Treadle...Member of SMAD

AngieRose

AngieRose  Friend of PR
Advanced
California USA
Member since 6/1/09
Send Message

thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 6/22/14 1:16 PM

I have the first Ellisimo (2008). I've heard rumor that a new machine will be introduced soon.

The "boo-hoo" face has never bothered me.

I'm hoping they have made transfer of embroidery designs Wireless! That would be very tempting as an upgrade.

------
AngieRose, who love sewing, machine embroidery and quilting. 2008 Babylock Ellisimo, 2013 Brother DreamWeaver VQ3000, Bernina 1090, Singer Featherweight & 2009 Prodigy Quilter
http://timberhillthreads.blogspot.com

SandiMacD
star
SandiMacD  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Florida USA
Member since 2/8/09
Send Message

Date: 6/22/14 2:52 PM

Nope- dont want wireless. I am so happy with my Ellisimo and Ellisimo G2. I rarely see the cryin' baby- it doesn't bother me.
I should have guessed when I got the Dealer 'good deal' recently on my G2 - I've listed my other for sale, will see how it goes.
Its a shame when cars last longer than sewing machines!

------
sewing brings joy and meaning to my life...

Lynnelle
starstarstar
Lynnelle  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Michigan USA
Member since 4/8/07
Board Moderator
Send Message

Subject: Topic moved Date: 6/22/14 11:06 PM

This topic has been moved from Creative Sewing to Sewing Machines

Karen31
star
Karen31  Friend of PR
Advanced
USA
Member since 1/25/09
Send Message

thumbsup 3 members like this.

Date: 6/23/14 10:01 AM

Cars last longer than sewing machines? I don't know about that... my first sewing/embroidery machine, a Pfaff 7570 still works just as the day it came home. Sure there's newer technology, capabilities, bells and whistles, etc., but so is there for cars made at the same time ('96).

There is a new Babylock (and Brother counterpart) TOL coming out in August (after convention). It will be built on the BL Unity/Brother Dreamweaver V series body. Bigger screen - 10.5", 9-1/2x14 hoop, better camera with more features, will use muvit (digital dual feed/walking foot) foot, laser pen, can stream video from a tutorial i.e. doing an Anita Goodesign which includes video tutorials you can toggle back and forth watching the video, stitching out, repeat. I don't know how the video feature works, if it has to be from an embroidery cd loaded onto usb or transferred in or what. I think there are a couple other things I'm forgetting at the moment, but these are the features we're allowed to tell customers about for presale for now. So if you've had your eyes on an Ellisimo maybe a good deal will come about as a result of a new model on the horizon :)

------
Karen

Andsewforth
Andsewforth  Friend of PR
Advanced
Member since 11/6/06
Send Message

Date: 6/23/14 11:20 AM

Karen,
Thanks for the info. I can't wait to see it.

AngieRose

AngieRose  Friend of PR
Advanced
California USA
Member since 6/1/09
Send Message

In reply to Karen31 <<

Date: 6/23/14 11:34 AM

Thanks for the info. Karen. Looking forward to seeing this new machine just for the fun of it!

------
AngieRose, who love sewing, machine embroidery and quilting. 2008 Babylock Ellisimo, 2013 Brother DreamWeaver VQ3000, Bernina 1090, Singer Featherweight & 2009 Prodigy Quilter
http://timberhillthreads.blogspot.com

Melinda In Tulsa
star
Melinda In Tulsa  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Member since 9/15/03
Send Message

In reply to Karen31 <<

Date: 6/23/14 12:18 PM

Hate to think what it's gonna cost!

------
Melinda

We had to get rid of the kids, the dogs are allergic

Babylock Unity, Symphony, Serenade, Imagine Wave, BL Coverstitch, BL Emore, BL Embellisher, Juki TL2010Q, Pfaff 7570, Kenmore 385.1915, Kenmore 158.1914, Kenmore 158.1430, Brother PE 150, 1938 Singer Featherweight, 1896 Singer 27 Treadle...Member of SMAD

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Sewing Machines >> Ellisimo Gold Discontinued?

Merchants on PR

Budo Bear Designs

Asian Designs
Web site

Patterns from the Past

vintage sewing patterns
Deals!

Reconstructing History

Reconstructing History
Web site

Elliott Berman Textiles

Fabrics for Greater Ideas
Deals!

Gwyn Hug

Fabric Shopping Help!
Deals!

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Create a Jacket Muslin
Create a Jacket Muslin

Register

Expert Sewing Techniques for Jackets
Expert Sewing Techniques for Jackets

Register

New Look 6121

photo
by: Sixtiesgir...

Review
StyleArc Alice Top

photo
by: michellep7...

Review
BRUSH FRINGE JACKET, a CD book by Kenneth King

BRUSH FRINGE JACKET, a CD book by Kenneth King

Buy Now
SewBaby Baby Doll Puppet Pattern

SewBaby  Baby Doll Puppet  Pattern

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.