|Pfaff:1042 (Sewing Machine)|
|Viewed 896 time(s)|| |
5 more reviews for this machine
Review rated Helpful
by 3 people
|About nanatipsy |
|Member since: 9/26/13 |
|Reviews written: 1|
|sewing machines reviewed: 1|
|Posted on:||10/10/13 3:49 AM|
|Approx price paid:||$300|
|Had this machine for:||6 years|
Find the right Sewing Machine with the Sewing Machine Search Wizard
- One step buttonhole
- Free Arm
- Adjustable Stitch Length and Width
- Adjustable Needle Position
Discuss Sewing Machines with PR members Sewing Machine Forum
|What nanatipsy likes about this machine|
When it works it sews two pieces of fabric together. I own one and it is (slightly) better than nothing
What nanatipsy does not like about this machine
I am not sure if these gripes are more a reflection of my skills (or lack thereof) or an issue with the machine, however I have not had them with any previous machines leading me to think it is this one.
1. It badly mismatches feed speeds (top layer gets hung up as bottom goes through), leading to a lot of puckering or a large discrepancy at the end of a seam.
2. My first project (a flannel rag quilt) seemed to have broken the machine somehow. I took it in to be checked afterwards but nothing untoward was found. Since then the needle will not go all the way to the right.
3. I get a lot of birds nests. A LOT. It is incredibly frustrating.
I had heard great things about Pfaff (MIL and SIL love theirs) but I will never touch them again after this. Can't wait to get rid of it.
|*LOGIN to add a comment to this review|
*Only registered members can post comments to the reviews. Membership is free. if you are not a member, please Sign-up now!