|Pfaff:Quilt Expression 4.0 (Sewing Machine)|
|Viewed 727 time(s)|| |
25 more reviews for this machine
Review rated Helpful
by 2 people Very Helpful
by 5 people
|About anne123184 |
|Member since: 9/29/10 |
|Reviews written: 7|
|Sewing skills:Advanced Beginner|
|sewing machines reviewed: 6|
|Posted on:||1/10/14 6:27 PM|
|Approx price paid:||$1699|
|Had this machine for:||1 year|
Find the right Sewing Machine with the Sewing Machine Search Wizard
- Needle Threader
- Needle Up/Down Setting
- Embroidery Stitches
- One step buttonhole
- Drop-In bobbin
- Free Arm
- Adjustable Stitch Length and Width
- Adjustable Presser Foot Pressure
- Adjustable Needle Position
- Embroidery Machine
- Auto Threading
Discuss Sewing Machines with PR members Sewing Machine Forum
This was a whim buy last year due to the fact that I got addicted on quilting/classes!
1. I like the IDT - main reason why I bought it.
2. Throat/Harp space - good size for quilting
3. Physical buttons - I like how everything is there
4. Adjustable presser foot pressure
5. The straight stitching is actually good as well as the decorative stitches
6. Hover mechanism!! Same as the viking, I love love this feature!! It comes with a knee lift but I find that I do not have to use it since it just hovers fine.
7. FMQ - Very easy with this machine
8. Though it is electronic/computerized, the interface is very easy to follow. There is a video on youtube, this guy just goes through all the button features of this machine! I keep learning all the time!!
9. I love this machine for applique work and quilt piecing especially on a bargello quilt
I don't like the thread cutter in this machine. If my needle position is not set in the middle, it will make a stitch in the center before cutting the thread - Kinda annoying. There's no start stop function and the lights aren't LED. Also, the DIP from the accessory tray to the stitch plate can block the nesting seams while piecing. I just put a tape on it. Now I know the new 4.2 has those features now, but I think I will just stick to what I have.
|*LOGIN to add a comment to this review|
*Only registered members can post comments to the reviews. Membership is free. if you are not a member, please Sign-up now!