PatternReview Blog > Vote in the One Pattern, Many Looks Contest!|
|Vote in the One Pattern, Many Looks Contest!||By DianeSev on 2/4/13 11:37 AM
The goal of this contest was to take one view of a pattern and create multiple garments with distinct looks from that view without needing to use pattern drafting skills.
Contestants have joined and posted their entries. Now it’s your turn to let us know what your favorite is by voting!
Here's how the contest worked…
Contestants had to select one view of a pattern. Only wearable garments were eligible for this contest; no home dec or accessories. Read the rules for more detail.
Here are some tips to help you with voting:
- How well does the item fit the criteria stated in the contest rules? How well does it fit the spirit of the rules?
- Are the construction methods, including, but not limited to, seam finishes, lining techniques, etc., well-suited to the design? To the fabric?
- Is the fabric choice well suited to the design? Are the lining and interfacing choices appropriate?
- Is the review complete and well-written?
- Creative points. You may choose to give extra credit here for an entry that reflects additional creativity (embellishment, fabric choice, etc.) while staying within the nature of the original pattern.
- Complexity of the project. Relate this to the skill level of the participant. If a participant is a beginner, then a princess seam may get the same complexity level as an underarm gusset gets for an advanced.
To get started, go to the Contest Gallery, where you can read the reviews and vote for 5 favorites.
According to the rules for this contest, you will decide the first, second and third place winners. Prizes will be awarded to the first and second place winners.
See the Contest Report and other important links.
Voting closes on February 7, so vote now!
Have you seen the list of contests for 2013?
0 Comments Login to Add a Comment
Copyright © 2013 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.
Connect on Previous Posts
Members' Tips on "How to sew bathing suits?? Advice please!"
New Patterns from Colette, Angela Wolf, and a Bathing Suit from Closet Case Files!
New! Victory Patterns: Encouraging Sustainability by Sewing
Winners of the Creative Publishing Giveaway
PatternReview on Facebook: What's Your Favorite Sewing Book?
All Natural! Who Won the Contest?
Creative Publishing Book Giveaway!
We Chatted with Melissa Mora of Blank Slate Patterns
Vote in the Natural Fabrics Contest. They’re Waiting for You!
Let’s Ad-Dress the New Buttericks!