PatternReview Blog > Jeans Fitting Seminar - Sunday, Aug 7th, Concord MA|
|Jeans Fitting Seminar - Sunday, Aug 7th, Concord MA||By Deepika on 7/15/11 4:33 PM
|Join us on August 7, 2011 for a Jeans Fitting Seminar with PR teacher and designer Jennifer Stern
When: Sunday, August 7, 2011 from Noon to 4 PM
Where: Quilter's Way at 75 Commonwealth Ave., Concord, MA.
Learn how to handle denim and get the perfect fit on your jeans.
Jennifer will talk about:
- The pros and cons of stretch fabric vs. non-stretch fabric
- Why you need to pre-wash denim (more than once!)
- Choosing the right notions to get professional results
- How to work with a fit muslin to achieve the perfect fit
- Fit adjustments like getting the waist band to sit on your waist or where it's comfortable for you
- How the shape of the front and back crotch can make or break the fit of your jeans
- How to create a little more sitting room without adding to the width of your pattern pieces.
- Tackling tough fitting problems like smiles or whiskers around the front.
- Ask Jennifer your jeans questions and more...
Students will try on different sizes of muslins to help identify common fitting adjustments.
Also, students will see a trunk show of Jennifer's work!
Preregistration is required! No registrations will be accepted on the day of the seminar.
Spaces are limited.
Cost: $25.00 (FoPR: $22.50)
Facebook Event Page:
Download the event flyer for more info
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
0 Comments Login to Add a Comment
| Subscribe to RSS Feed|
Archives August,2014 (17) July,2014 (15) June,2014 (17) May,2014 (20) April,2014 (21) March,2014 (23) February,2014 (20) January,2014 (15) December,2013 (21) November,2013 (21) October,2013 (18) September,2013 (21) August,2013 (26) July,2013 (15) June,2013 (20) May,2013 (22) April,2013 (15) March,2013 (16) February,2013 (10) January,2013 (14)