PatternReview Blog > Jeans Fitting Seminar - Sunday, Aug 7th, Concord MA|
|Jeans Fitting Seminar - Sunday, Aug 7th, Concord MA||By Deepika on 7/15/11 4:33 PM
|Join us on August 7, 2011 for a Jeans Fitting Seminar with PR teacher and designer Jennifer Stern
When: Sunday, August 7, 2011 from Noon to 4 PM
Where: Quilter's Way at 75 Commonwealth Ave., Concord, MA.
Learn how to handle denim and get the perfect fit on your jeans.
Jennifer will talk about:
- The pros and cons of stretch fabric vs. non-stretch fabric
- Why you need to pre-wash denim (more than once!)
- Choosing the right notions to get professional results
- How to work with a fit muslin to achieve the perfect fit
- Fit adjustments like getting the waist band to sit on your waist or where it's comfortable for you
- How the shape of the front and back crotch can make or break the fit of your jeans
- How to create a little more sitting room without adding to the width of your pattern pieces.
- Tackling tough fitting problems like smiles or whiskers around the front.
- Ask Jennifer your jeans questions and more...
Students will try on different sizes of muslins to help identify common fitting adjustments.
Also, students will see a trunk show of Jennifer's work!
Preregistration is required! No registrations will be accepted on the day of the seminar.
Spaces are limited.
Cost: $25.00 (FoPR: $22.50)
Facebook Event Page:
Download the event flyer for more info
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
0 Comments Login to Add a Comment
Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.
Connect on Previous Posts
Enter the Winter Street Dress Contest!
Colette Patterns new Mabel & Moneta
Winter Street Dress Blog Tour - Part 2 & Contest
Tip Tuesday: Perfectly curved pocket
Member in Focus: crisford
Meet the Winners of the Fitted Blouse Contest!
Don't miss out - Simplicity sale!
Tip Tuesday: Collar stays
Winter Street Dress Blog Tour - Part 1
New Vogue Patterns with Fabric Suggestions from Emma One Sock