The Lined Jacket contestants have finished sewing (just in time for Fall!) and now it’s up to you to vote! The contestants are depending on you!
The general rules are that the jacket must be wearable by a person, and must be lined, without exposed interior seams. And the jacket must have sewn-in sleeves.
For more does and don’ts in this contest (like “capes not allowed”), see the complete list of rules (don’t worry…there aren’t many! We know you’re anxious to vote!).
Here are some tips to help you with voting:
- How well does the item fit the criteria stated in the contest rules? How well does it fit the spirit of the rules?
- Are the construction methods, including but not limited to seam finishes, lining techniques, etc, well-suited to the design? To the fabric?
- Is the fabric choice well suited to the design? Are the lining and interfacing choices appropriate?
- Is the review complete and well-written?
- Creative points. You may choose to give extra credit here for an entry that reflects additional creativity (embellishment, fabric choice, etc.) while staying within the nature of the original pattern.
- Complexity of the project. Relate this to the skill level of the participant. If a participant is a beginner, then a princess seam may get the same complexity level as an underarm gusset gets for an advanced.
We know you want to get started, so go to the Contest Gallery first.
See the Contest Report and other important links here.
Voting closes on September 9.
The contestants really want your input, so please vote!