PatternReview Blog > Choose the Winner of the Mini Wardrobe Contest!|
|Choose the Winner of the Mini Wardrobe Contest!||By DianeSev on 10/4/12 10:49 AM
For the past four weeks, Mini Wardrobe Contestants have been working like mad, creating their 5-piece wardrobe. Now it’s your turn to vote for the wardrobes you love!
This is how the contest worked…
Contestants pick a key item, one they’d love to coordinate their new pieces with. Then they sew the matching 4 pieces.
There are more details in the rules. You can read them here.
Here are some tips to help you with voting:
- How well does the item fit the criteria stated in the contest rules? How well does it fit the spirit of the rules?
- Are the construction methods, including, but not limited to, seam finishes, lining techniques, etc., well-suited to the design? To the fabric?
- Is the fabric choice well suited to the design? Are the lining and interfacing choices appropriate?
- Is the review complete and well-written?
- Creative points. You may choose to give extra credit here for an entry that reflects additional creativity (embellishment, fabric choice, etc.) while staying within the nature of the original pattern.
- Complexity of the project. Relate this to the skill level of the participant. If a participant is a beginner, then a princess seam may get the same complexity level as an underarm gusset gets for an advanced.
We know you want to get started, so click here to go to the Contest Gallery, where you can read the reviews and vote.
See the Contest Report and other important links here.
Voting closes on October 10.
Your vote counts!
5 Comments Login to Add a Comment
Copyright © 2013 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.
Connect on Previous Posts
9th Day of Giving Thanks with LM2HYD
8th Day of Giving Thanks with Heatherrique
New Butterick Patterns for the Holidays
7th Day of Giving Thanks with cequimby
PR Chats with Victoria Jones!
6th Day of Giving Thanks with Sew Whatever
5th Day of Giving Thanks with cathytxtwfr
Vote now in the Vintage Pattern Contest!
Which contests will we run next year? Help us decide!
4th Day of Giving thanks with sewingbea5