PatternReview Blog > Vote for Your Favorites in the Costume Contest!|
|Vote for Your Favorites in the Costume Contest!||By DianeSev on 11/2/12 10:24 AM
For the whole month of October, contestants have been sewing and sewing, trying to come up with the perfect costume. Now we need YOU to vote for your favorites!
This is how the contest worked…
Contestants could sew any type of costume they wished, not just for Halloween. And they didn’t need to use commercial patterns, either.
Read the rules for more information.
Here are some tips to help you with voting:
- How well does the item fit the criteria stated in the contest rules? How well does it fit the spirit of the rules?
- Are the construction methods, including, but not limited to, seam finishes, lining techniques, etc., well-suited to the design? To the fabric?
- Is the fabric choice well suited to the design? Are the lining and interfacing choices appropriate?
- Is the review complete and well-written?
- Creative points. You may choose to give extra credit here for an entry that reflects additional creativity (embellishment, fabric choice, etc.) while staying within the nature of the original pattern.
- Complexity of the project. Relate this to the skill level of the participant. If a participant is a beginner, then a princess seam may get the same complexity level as an underarm gusset gets for an advanced.
To get started, go to the Contest Gallery, where you can read the reviews and vote for 5 favorites.
See the Contest Report and other important links.
Voting closes on November 12.
As always, your vote counts!
0 Comments Login to Add a Comment
| Subscribe to RSS Feed|
Archives August,2014 (13) July,2014 (15) June,2014 (17) May,2014 (20) April,2014 (21) March,2014 (23) February,2014 (20) January,2014 (15) December,2013 (21) November,2013 (21) October,2013 (18) September,2013 (21) August,2013 (26) July,2013 (15) June,2013 (20) May,2013 (22) April,2013 (15) March,2013 (16) February,2013 (10) January,2013 (14)