PatternReview Blog > Vote For Your Favorite Refashion Project!|
|Vote For Your Favorite Refashion Project!||By DianeSev on 11/20/12 11:51 AM
We like to be green and recycle. These PR members do too! They took up the challenge and sewed garments from recycled items.
Now it’s time for YOU to decide the most successful refashioning project!
This is how the contest worked…
Contestants had to take an item or items and create a new and different garment.
There were other guidelines too. Read the rules to see them.
Here are some tips to help you with voting:
- How well does the item fit the criteria stated in the contest rules? How well does it fit the spirit of the rules?
- Are the construction methods, including, but not limited to, seam finishes, lining techniques, etc., well-suited to the design? To the fabric?
- Is the fabric choice well suited to the design? Are the lining and interfacing choices appropriate?
- Is the review complete and well-written?
- Creative points. You may choose to give extra credit here for an entry that reflects additional creativity (embellishment, fabric choice, etc.) while staying within the nature of the original pattern.
- Complexity of the project. Relate this to the skill level of the participant. If a participant is a beginner, then a princess seam may get the same complexity level as an underarm gusset gets for an advanced.
To get started, go to the go to the Contest Gallery, where you can read the reviews and vote for 5 favorites.
See the Contest Report and other important links.
Voting closes on November 29.
Vote green! Your vote counts!
1 Comments Login to Add a Comment
| Subscribe to RSS Feed|
Archives August,2014 (12) July,2014 (15) June,2014 (17) May,2014 (20) April,2014 (21) March,2014 (23) February,2014 (20) January,2014 (15) December,2013 (21) November,2013 (21) October,2013 (18) September,2013 (21) August,2013 (26) July,2013 (15) June,2013 (20) May,2013 (22) April,2013 (15) March,2013 (16) February,2013 (10) January,2013 (14)