PatternReview Blog > Vote in the 2012 Little Black Dress Contest!|
|Vote in the 2012 Little Black Dress Contest!||By DianeSev on 12/3/12 1:33 PM
The Little Black Dress…many of us own one, but how many of us have been brave enough to make one? The contestants above were brave enough!
Now it’s your turn to see how this couture bravery turns out. Vote for your favorite LBD!
This is how the contest worked…
Contestants had to sew a little black dress (it didn’t actually have to be black, but a dark color). Read the rules for more detail.
Here are some tips to help you with voting:
- How well does the item fit the criteria stated in the contest rules? How well does it fit the spirit of the rules?
- Are the construction methods, including, but not limited to, seam finishes, lining techniques, etc., well-suited to the design? To the fabric?
- Is the fabric choice well suited to the design? Are the lining and interfacing choices appropriate?
- Is the review complete and well-written?
- Creative points. You may choose to give extra credit here for an entry that reflects additional creativity (embellishment, fabric choice, etc.) while staying within the nature of the original pattern.
- Complexity of the project. Relate this to the skill level of the participant. If a participant is a beginner, then a princess seam may get the same complexity level as an underarm gusset gets for an advanced.
To get started, go to the Contest Gallery, where you can read the reviews and vote for 5 favorites.
See the Contest Report and other important links.
Voting closes on December 9.
0 Comments Login to Add a Comment
| Subscribe to RSS Feed|
Archives September,2014 (19) August,2014 (19) July,2014 (15) June,2014 (17) May,2014 (20) April,2014 (21) March,2014 (23) February,2014 (20) January,2014 (15) December,2013 (21) November,2013 (21) October,2013 (18) September,2013 (21) August,2013 (26) July,2013 (15) June,2013 (20) May,2013 (22) April,2013 (15) March,2013 (16) February,2013 (10) January,2013 (14)