December 1 through 31, 2010
Get cozy for the cold weather! Sew something for winter. Winter wear should be something you put away for the summer months.
If it is appropriate to wear in Spring, Summer, or Autumn in your climate, then it is not exclusively Winter Wear and you should not enter it into this contest.
In your review, describe what winter weather you are sewing for, how it differs from other seasons in your area, and how your item helps you deal with that winter weather.
For this contest, sewn, knit, and crocheted items are allowed. Multiple entries are allowed, but remember that if you do multiple entries you are competing against yourself. You can do 'sets' (such as scarf and hat) or individual items.
The winner of the contest will be determined by member vote. There will also be a random prize winner.
First Prize: $100 Gift Certificate
Random Entry Prize: $50 Gift Certificate
Both prizes sponsored by KaiScissors.com
*Rules that apply to all contests:
1. All reviews must be entered for submission by 11:59 PM Eastern Time on the last day of the contest. Contest dates will be listed for each contest.
2. Unless otherwise stated in the rules, patterns may be drafted, tweaked, and muslined before the contest date, but fabric for the pieces entered may not be laid out or cut till the start date of the contest. Fabric may be pretreated before the contest date.
3. Items intended for sale, or for which you were or will be paid to make, do not qualify for any contest, but items made for charity are welcome!
4. Unless otherwise stated in the rules, all reviews written for a contest entry must include a picture of the entry.
1. Any member of Pattern Review, either paying (FoPR) or non-paying, who's been a registered member on the site for 90 days prior to the start of a contest is eligible to enter.
2. Any member of Pattern Review, either paying (FoPR) or non-paying, who's been a registered member on the site for 90 days prior to the end of a contest is eligible to vote in a contest.
3. Any member who's won 1st place in a contest on Pattern Review ended in the previous 4 months is ineligible to win another contest (for that 4 month period).